Author Topic: TRUMP JUST OFFICIALLY ADOPTED THE JEB BUSH/GANG OF 8 POSITION ON AMNESTY  (Read 10070 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/trump-just-officially-adopted-the-jeb-bush-gang-of-8-position-on-amnesty

TRUMP JUST OFFICIALLY ADOPTED THE JEB BUSH/GANG OF 8 POSITION ON AMNESTY

By: Chris Pandolfo | August 24, 2016

In part two of Republican candidate for president Donald Trump’s town hall with Sean Hannity, scheduled to air tonight on Fox News, it seems Mr. Trump will finally clarify his position on amnesty. For the worse.

Speaking on what to do with non-violent illegal aliens, Trump said that under his plan they will “pay back-taxes” and that it would be a “very hard thing” to “throw them and their family out.” 

Follow
 Phil Mattingly ✔ @Phil_Mattingly
Trump, in excerpt of townhall with Hannity, on what to do with undocumented immigrants. Whooo boy:
5:48 PM - 24 Aug 2016
  281 281 Retweets   231 231 likes

Having illegal immigrants pay a fine and back taxes to stay in the country was the policy proposed in the Gang of Eight amnesty bill!

Further, that is the position on amnesty once held by former candidate for the Republican nomination for president Jeb Bush.

"I think for the eleven or twelve million people here illegally, they should come out from the shadows, they should pay a fine, they should pay taxes, they should work," Bush said in an interview back in October of 2015.

He famously, or infamously, drew fire from conservative critics for referring to illegal immigrants crossing the southern border illegally as an “act of love.”

"A great country ought to know where those folks are and politely ask them to leave," he said, adding later that properly targeting people who overstay visas "would restore people's confidence" in the nation's immigration system.

"There are means by which we can control our border better than we have. And there should be penalties for breaking the law," he added. "But the way I look at this -- and I'm going to say this, and it'll be on tape and so be it. The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn’t come legally, they come to our country because their families -- the dad who loved their children -- was worried that their children didn’t have food on the table. And they wanted to make sure their family was intact, and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work to be able to provide for their family. Yes, they broke the law, but it’s not a felony. It’s an act of love. It’s an act of commitment to your family. I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime that there should be a price paid, but it shouldn’t rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."

One of those Bush’s fiercest critics was ... Mr. Trump himself. 

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Jeb Bush is weak on illegal immigration, in favor of common core, bad on women's health issues and thinks the Iraq war was a good thing.
5:19 PM - 22 Aug 2015 · New Jersey, USA, United States
  2,743 2,743 Retweets   5,856 5,856 likes

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Flashback – Jeb Bush says illegal immigrants breaking our laws is an “act of love” http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/06/jeb-bush-immigration-is-not-a-felony-but-an-act-of-love/ … He will never secure the border.
10:23 AM - 5 Jul 2015
  1,287 1,287 Retweets   1,472 1,472 likes

Remember this Instagram ad?

Video at link 

Now that Trump himself has proposed non-violent illegal aliens be allowed to remain in the United States after paying fines in the form of “back taxes,” is Mr. Trump’s plan substantially different from Mr. Bush’s? Or the Gang of Eight bill's?

Follow
 Jay Nordlinger ✔ @jaynordlinger
With Jeb, he's hand in glove --
An immigration dove.
Maybe tomorrow,
To Ann's sorrow,
He'll talk of an "act of love."
6:20 PM - 24 Aug 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States
  12 12 Retweets   21 21 likes
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Offline RoosGirl

Oh yes, and when I pointed out that Trump's fairly detailed plan on his website said *nothing* about removing illegals (except for the ones that were "criminals")  I was told that I had to listen to what he said to know what he was going to do and that the person who put together Trump's website was just out of touch with the actual Trump campaign.

Silver Pines

I'll post later...I'm too busy falling off my chair laughing, lol.

"Donald will betray his supporters on every issue. If you care about immigration, Donald is laughing at you. And he's telling the moneyed elites that he doesn't believe what he's saying, he's not gonna build a wall - that's what he told the New York Times, he will betray you on every issue across the board." -------Ted Cruz

Cruz told you so, didn't he?  Go on, post another picture of him as the Penguin or something.  If it takes away the pain, by all means do so.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Crazieman

"Donald will betray his supporters on every issue. If you care about immigration, Donald is laughing at you. And he's telling the moneyed elites that he doesn't believe what he's saying, he's not gonna build a wall - that's what he told the New York Times, he will betray you on every issue across the board." -------Ted Cruz

Cruz told you so, didn't he?  Go on, post another picture of him as the Penguin or something.  If it takes away the pain, by all means do so.

Need a meme image of Ted smiling and captioned "told you so!"
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline sinkspur

Kilgore Trout ‏@Beer__Wolf  47m47 minutes ago
Trump has now seemingly intentionally painted himself the worst of both worlds to all parties: an immigration squish who's also a zany bigot

Offline roamer_1

I think I'll wander on over to ToS to look for splodey heads... This may prove to be epic.

geronl

Gee, if only someone could have warned them that Trump was an unreliable flip-flopping con-man!!

Offline ABX

I think I'll wander on over to ToS to look for splodey heads... This may prove to be epic.

They are pulling or 'cheesing' (moving them to buried, hidden category 'cheese, moose, sister') any negative article.

geronl

Re: TRUMP JUST OFFICIALLY ADOPTED THE JEB BUSH/GANG OF 8 POSITION ON AMNESTY
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 01:27:02 am »
Kilgore Trout ‏@Beer__Wolf  47m47 minutes ago
Trump has now seemingly intentionally painted himself the worst of both worlds to all parties: an immigration squish who's also a zany bigot

Hillary and Trump are ideological twins.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 01:34:06 am »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 01:38:19 am »
They are pulling or 'cheesing' (moving them to buried, hidden category 'cheese, moose, sister') any negative article.

Yep... not a peep so far. and TBR got the scoop... 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 01:38:43 am »
Reality check here - We are looking at no border wall, amnesty, massive influx of Muslim refugees, infringement on our 2nd amendment rights and liberal justices appointed.  Somehow Ted smiling and saying I told you so doesn't seem to fit ... Ted being sick to his stomach because he knew long ago what was happening (as did his supporters) and he tried stopping it with all he had, is more likely.

The problem now is two-fold; once amnesty is granted the increase in DEM voters will be enormous and Trump has vowed retaliation against Cruz for not supporting him.  Castro (mother is founder of LaRaza group) is planning to run against him.  No...definitely don't see Ted smiling at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 01:41:42 am »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 01:42:54 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 01:47:53 am »

Someone with Photoshop...please?

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 01:48:40 am »

Oh, my Lord...so much entertainment, so little time!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 01:49:51 am »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 01:57:39 am »
Oh, my Lord...so much entertainment, so little time!

Oh don't worry. the splody heads right here on TBR will be making all sorts of excuses as soon as Trump Tower sends them the talking points. Same people here as TOS afterall. No need to slime yourself with making the trip to Brave Sir Robinson's crew of losers. They are already here.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 02:14:29 am »

They are eaten their own..

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/3462382/posts?q=1&;page=101

Offline ABX

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 02:16:00 am »

Offline ABX

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 02:19:32 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 03:02:13 am »
Oh don't worry. the splody heads right here on TBR will be making all sorts of excuses as soon as Trump Tower sends them the talking points. Same people here as TOS afterall. No need to slime yourself with making the trip to Brave Sir Robinson's crew of losers. They are already here.

@Norm Lenhart

Well, if they want to come out and play in the forum, they can, but I doubt they will.

At this point I think they're so invested in Trump they'll go down with the ship.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:40 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Well, if they want to come out and play in the forum, they can, but I doubt they will.

At this point I think they're so invested in Trump they'll go down with the ship.

Well having any integrity and admiting their mistakes is something I don't expect to happen. Not after they trashed Cruz as they did and all of us in Realville to boot, for saying all along that Trump would cave on Amnesty...and regardless of what they will scream, he did.

Yes, down with the ship and the country they will go. Which IMO was their goal to begin with. It's the goal of every liberal. Regardless of how loud they scream they are conservative. I mean, they DO support the man that wants Amnesty, Obamacare, opposes both the first and second Amendments as written...

Yup. Thats them alright.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:10:42 am by Norm Lenhart »