Author Topic: Trump brings mothers of children killed by undocumented immigrants on stage  (Read 1014 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 23, 2016, 09:44 pm
Trump brings mothers of children killed by undocumented immigrants on stage

By Ben Kamisar

Donald Trump welcomed mothers who have lost their children in crimes caused by undocumented immigrants onto the stage of his Texas rally Tuesday night.

"Today, I met with the moms of incredible American children killed by illegal immigrants as a result of the policies of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama," he said in Austin, before inviting the women up.

"Hillary Clinton will never meet with these families, she will never hear their incredible, but so sad stories. She doesn't have the heart, believe me."

At that point, he went off of the prepared remarks sent out by the campaign to invite up the women from the group The Remembrance Project, as well as border patrol agents. A handful of women spoke one by one in support of Trump, telling short stories about their children.

Agnes Gibboney, a member of the group, was one of the members to speak on stage.
"Mr. Trump is the only one who can protect your children from being slaughtered like my son was," said Gibboney, who said her son was killed by an undocumented immigrant.

As the women left the stage, the crowd chanted "Build that wall!"

"We will never let these families down," Trump said as they left.

"On immigration, [Hillary] Clinton is bought and paid for by special interests."

The GOP presidential nominee has taken a hard line on immigration, promising to deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants and get rid of sanctuary cities, cities that don't prosecute some immigration crimes.

But over the past few days, the Trump campaign has wrestled with whether to soften its immigration proposals for the general election, with campaign hands and GOP leaders telling reporters his immigration plan will be ironed out in the days ahead.

He took a strong stance against undocumented immigration during the rally, hitting Clinton for promoting "amnesty."

But just hours before, during a taping of a Fox News town hall, he specifically said that "there certainly can be a softening" his immigration proposals "because we are not looking to hurt people.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/292431-trump-brings-mothers-of-children-killed-by-undocumented-immigrants-on-stage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Trump is governed by his narcissism.  He talks to Hannity about "softening" his stance on immigration, then goes to one of his rallies, hears all the cheering when he mentions "build that wall" and talks tough again.

The man is totally at the mercy of his adoring audiences. 

He created this mob and it's now out of control. 

His biggest fear is that they will turn on him.  They won't, of course, but narcissists don't exist outside of the worship of fans.  So that fear is always there.

That's why he needs these rallies, to give him his daily high.  And he has to have the cheers.  The cheers!!

Why do you think he cancelled the "immigration speech" tomorrow?  Afraid of the reaction. He may never give it, just let this muddled mess he's made go on.

Why is Melania not giving the promised press conference?  Afraid of the reaction. She will never give a press conference now.

Trump will retreat more and more into the bunker with Bannon and Conway and a few staff.  The circle will get smaller rather than larger.

The implosion is underway.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:31:26 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can't agree with you on this one sink....did you watch this townhall?.....I found it very moving and found myself crying listening to these mothers talk about their children..one mother brought what remains of her son in a bottle....Trump talked only at the end for a few minutes..it was all about these families.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Can't agree with you on this one sink....did you watch this townhall?.....I found it very moving and found myself crying listening to these mothers talk about their children..one mother brought what remains of her son in a bottle....Trump talked only at the end for a few minutes..it was all about these families.

Which is why he doesn't really want to change on immigration.  He knows his hard line is what these people want to hear and all of his fans want to hear. But Conway is telling him he has to "soften" or he's hit his ceiling.

I didn't watch it, but I didn't have to. Everything Trump does is for the effect it has on the audiences at his rallies. And all of his adoring fans watching on FOXNEWS.  He is still playing to his base.  And the polls continue to show that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Night Hides Not

No, I did not see the townhall, but this can't be a one-shot deal.

The Democrats hauled out Khan for about two weeks, Trump needs to do the same with these families. Hillary's playing hide and seek, so Trump is the only candidate being covered. He should take advantage of these opportunities.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

Trump will be explaining to his supporters soon that a 4-foot chain link fence is a lot like a wall, any day now

Offline Night Hides Not

Trump will be explaining to his supporters soon that a 4-foot chain link fence is a lot like a wall, any day now

I was thinking more along the lines of a "virtual fence" at the border.

Of course, here's the original concept that captured Trump's imagination:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:31:47 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.