Author Topic: RNC chief: Trump could lead Clinton by Labor Day  (Read 1089 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RNC chief: Trump could lead Clinton by Labor Day
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:58:38 pm »
August 23, 2016, 02:39 pm

By Ben Kamisar

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus predicted on Tuesday that Donald Trump could catch Hillary Clinton in the polls by Labor Day.
"I think what you are seeing on the campaign is a continuation of a good couple of weeks that Donald Trump has had," he told reporters on a conference call, noting the Republican presidential nominee's "prepared, mature comments on the campaign trail."

"It's going to be important for us and for Donald Trump to continue down this measured path that he's on and if he does that, I think he's going to be tied or ahead at or just after Labor Day."

Trump has been on a downward trend at the polls — he led Clinton, the Democratic nominee, in the RealClearPolitics national polling average briefly at the end of July but now sits 6 points down.

Priebus gave high marks to the Trump campaign's direction, just less than a week after the billionaire brought in Breitbart News executive Steve Bannon as campaign CEO and elevated pollster Kellyanne Conway to the campaign manager position. The RNC chairman said that the campaign and the party have been working together very well over the past few weeks.

He also said that he expects Trump to clear up his stance on immigration soon. Reports from a weekend meeting with a Hispanic advisory group suggested the Republican nominee could soften his stance on deporting all 11 million undocumented immigrants. His campaign has pushed back against that assertion but postponed an immigration-themed speech originally scheduled for this week.

"I would suspect he's going to clear up any of these questions very shortly," Priebus said.

"I'm looking forward to those remarks, I know he is working on them and I think he is going to do what he said he's going to do — he's going to be fair, be tough, and be humane. Those are some pretty good principles for us to look to when dealing with this subject."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292364-priebus-trump-could-lead-clinton-around-labor-day
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HonestJohn

Re: RNC chief: Trump could lead Clinton by Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:36:41 pm »
And in other news, mass outbreaks of rectal Cheetoh crunch projectile expulsions may occur by Labor Day.

Statisticians find a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000018% chance of this bizarre event occurring. Therefore, this may happen.

Be prepared.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
Like asking Trump "How?"

"Well, it's labor day and I'm in business and labor needs business or they don't work, so that's how it works. Otherwise it doesn't work, and does that make sense?"

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:57 pm »

Priebus gave high marks to the Trump campaign's direction..

Good news!

:seeya:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:48 pm »

And if a frog had wings, his ass wouldn't bump the ground.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:34:32 am »

Good news!

:0012:      :elephant:       :cheerlead:         :dancer:         :dancer:         :cheerlead:         :elephant:          :0012:
Whooo Hooooo!                               Hurray!                               ALRIGHT!!!!
The GOP Establishment is praising the Trump campaign.
Awesome.

:whocares:

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:00 am »
Wince Creepus and Trump are the biggest losers this year, that is for certain

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 10:42:31 am »
So tell me again, how is it that Trump is going to defeat the GOP establishment?  Seems to me, he's sold out to the GOP establishment.  That means he's part of the GOP establishment.

Just another bill of goods the Trumpkin clowns were sold by the Orange Julius.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 10:45:33 am »

Good news!

Trump has been on a downward trend at the polls — he led Clinton, the Democratic nominee, in the RealClearPolitics national polling average briefly at the end of July but now sits 6 points down.

@unknown

You wanna 'splain to us how a "downward trend" constitutes a direction for which Trump should be lauded?  I guess that's more of that now-legendary Trumpkin Newspeak (buttressed by Newthought) wherein black is white, up is down, and losing is winning.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 10:48:35 am »
Prince Leakus has a screw loose. I think he is just trying to keep up appearances, personally.

He knows as well as anyone else that Trump has no shot at this, I do not think anything will drastically change. At this point Hillary has a landslide in the electoral college. A half-way decent, competent candidate would have been stomping her. Because of Trump the GOP has to focus on keeping bare majorities in the House and Senate instead of huge majorities they could have had.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439246/republicans-donald-trump-triage-strategy-how-save-house-senate?utm_source=NR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=August23Donovan

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 10:50:24 am »
Prince Leakus has a screw loose. I think he is just trying to keep up appearances, personally.

He knows as well as anyone else that Trump has no shot at this, I do not think anything will drastically change. At this point Hillary has a landslide in the electoral college. A half-way decent, competent candidate would have been stomping her. Because of Trump the GOP has to focus on keeping bare majorities in the House and Senate instead of huge majorities they could have had.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439246/republicans-donald-trump-triage-strategy-how-save-house-senate?utm_source=NR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=August23Donovan

I agree that it's basically just about keeping face.  And, at any rate, the head of the GOP cannot readily disavow the individual the party nominated at its own convention, no matter how stupid, or likely to lose, that nominee is.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 11:32:50 am »

Good news!

You're excited about getting high marks from a proven loser?

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 12:49:23 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 01:27:14 pm »
"Priebus gave high marks to the Trump campaign's direction...

....then, with a faltering smile and a quivering chin, he returned to his office, where he resumed sobbing and slamming his head against the wall."

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »
You're excited about getting high marks from a proven loser?

Why yes.  Yes they are!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 01:42:32 pm »

Good news!

What "direction"?  What exactly is Trump's position on immigration right now?  Does anybody know?

I think Trump is desperate and has reached a place where he doesn't know what to do.  That's why he brought in a photogenic pollster as manager and a proven Trump fan as CEO. 

He needs them to tell him what to do. 

Look at the absolute disaster he's making of immigration.  He might "soften," but then he gets in front of an audience that doesn't want him to soften.  Conway's telling him he has to soften, his fans are saying no.

He can't stand not having the adoring accolades, so he puts off taking a firm stand by cancelling his "immigration speech".

I may be wrong about this, but I don't think Trump or Conway or Bannon have any idea what to do.  They're just throwing stuff against a wall, hoping it will somehow work.

The idea that Trump stands any chance to draw black support by talking about crime in inner cities, and how poor blacks are and how much their schools suck and how they're not working is simply ludicrous. 

He may be simply dog-whistling white females by saying "see, I'm not a racist."  But that's not going to work either because they know he's trying to pull a fast one.

I think the Trump campaign is imploding.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 02:35:06 pm »
And a cow really could jump over the moon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 05:34:48 pm »
Priebus could actually be correct, albeit for the wrong reasons.

Hillary's trustworthiness issues are coming back to the fore, with "pay for play" actually getting mentions in places like the WaPo and NYT.  Bad news for her, and it will cost her votes.

If Trump can avoid issuing stupid, suck-the-air-out-of-the-room, tweets and statements, then he at least won't lose votes, and may actually gain votes from people whose attention spans are short, or who have no innate aversion to him.

So, as it turns out, Trump and Hillary must rely on essentially the same campaign strategy: keep the media focus on the other candidate.

Trump is still Trump, however.... I doubt he can keep his yap shut.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 05:44:54 pm »
:0012:      :elephant:       :cheerlead:         :dancer:         :dancer:         :cheerlead:         :elephant:          :0012:
Whooo Hooooo!                               Hurray!                               ALRIGHT!!!!
The GOP Establishment is praising the Trump campaign.
Awesome.

:whocares:

Nailed it, Once-ler!  Celebrating the union of Trump with the GOPe........... liberals whom they were a short time ago claiming Trump would destroy.

And yet, they don't see the irony in cheering the Establishment (i.e. Trump and the GOPe) on.

One might conclude a lack of perception on their parts, eh??   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.