Author Topic: Pollster John Zogby: Obama Voters Are Crossing Over to Trump  (Read 1832 times)

Offline unknown

Pollster John Zogby: Obama Voters Are Crossing Over to Trump
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:23:48 pm »
Pollster John Zogby: Obama Voters Are Crossing Over to Trump

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/zogby-walmart-nascar-voters/2016/08/22/id/744676/

Jason Devaney
22 Aug 2016

A group of voters that once supported President George W. Bush before defecting to back President Barack Obama is once again switching sides and getting behind Donald Trump, pollster John Zogby told Newsmax TV Monday.

During an interview on "Newsmax Prime," Zogby told host J.D. Hayworth the race for the White House is "very, very close."

"What's very interesting here is that initially, weekly Wal-Mart shoppers who we have been tracking for a decade and a half now, and NASCAR fans, they were solidly with George W. Bush," said Zogby, whose most recent poll  has Democrat Hillary Clinton leading Trump by 2 points.

"And then their demographics actually changed in the last seven or eight years following the recession. They were solidly with Barack Obama in 2008 and in 2012. They're swinging back now, back over to Donald Trump."

{.. snip .. }

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Pollster John Zogby: Obama Voters Are Crossing Over to Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:30:09 pm »

This is impossible. Any information which is contrary to the #nevertrump belief system, must by definition be false.

Oh, and Zogby is obviously discredited, since he does not parrot the #nevertrump propaganda.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:11:54 pm »
Your brethren over at TOS are doing a rather effective job of deconstructing and discrediting Zogby's analysis.  So, look to your fellow ideological travelers as well.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:20:08 pm »
This is impossible. Any information which is contrary to the #nevertrump belief system, must by definition be false.

Oh, and Zogby is obviously discredited, since he does not parrot the #nevertrump propaganda.

Let me qualify this a bit: Zogby International conducts two types of polls. One type are conventional telephone polls. Zogby’s telephone polls, while prone to somewhat wild fluctuations and subject to their share of erratic results (such as predicting a 13-point win for Barack Obama in the California primary; Obama lost by 9 points), are actually not terrible, and did fairly well on November 4th.

Zogby, however, also conducts Internet-based polls. These polls are conducted among users who volunteer to participate in them, first by signing up at the Zogby website (you can do so yourself here) and then by responding to an e-mail solicitation. These Internet polls, to the extent they rely on voluntary participation, violate the most basic precept of survey research, which is that of the random sample. And as you might infer, they obtain absolutely terrible results.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/worst-pollster-in-world-strikes-again/

And, you guessed it:

In a new Zogby Analytics nationwide online poll conducted August 12-13, +/-2.8% MOE, we asked 1,277 likely voters who they would vote for if the election for President were being held today. Since our Last poll in early July, Clinton still maintains a small 2% lead over Trump. It seems the convention bumps are behind us and we are back to a close race!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »
I do see this happening just from personal circles. It is the LIV pop culture voter who saw him on TV, saw his wife carries an expensive purse, buys his daughter's clothing line, or do the typical pop culture following things. They like rhetoric, they like flashy, they like to be part of movements. They are pom pom moms, MLM proponents, and people who read (and share articles from) grocery store tabloids. They are often women who are prone to buy knock off Louis Vuitton purses for the logo and guys who but turbo stickers on their car.

And to a person, they wouldn't know quantitative easing from Easy Rider.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 06:25:48 pm »
I thought John Zogby was removed as the head of Zogby polling.  Is he even affiliated with the polling outfit he created?

Added:  It appears that Zogby International is gone.  Zogby Analytics is a new company.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zogby
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:31:04 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 06:33:14 pm »
from one leftist to another

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:37:17 pm »
I've said it here before, that Trumps saving grace might be that Hillary is so corrupt that, though seeming unstable and impulsive, Trump might look good as compared.

We are in a race to the bottom.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 06:47:47 pm »

Problem for you is that Zogby is talking nationally and this is a swing state issue.

http://www.zogbyanalytics.com/news/756-clinton-and-trump-in-statistical-tie-trump-has-closed-the-gap-among-older-millennials

Right now Donny is under water in most of the swings and even if he gets them to break his way he still needs PA. Last I checked he was a whopping 10 down here.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 06:50:53 pm »
Problem for you is that Zogby is talking nationally and this is a swing state issue.

http://www.zogbyanalytics.com/news/756-clinton-and-trump-in-statistical-tie-trump-has-closed-the-gap-among-older-millennials

Right now Donny is under water in most of the swings and even if he gets them to break his way he still needs PA. Last I checked he was a whopping 10 down here.

There is discussion about Texas being in play.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »
I've said it here before, that Trumps saving grace might be that Hillary is so corrupt that, though seeming unstable and impulsive, Trump might look good as compared.

they look (flabby) neck and (goose) neck to me

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 12:04:15 am »

You mean the truth that trump is a democrat/progressive... well, I'd say this pretty much validates that.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 12:24:29 am »
You mean the truth that trump is a democrat/progressive... well, I'd say this pretty much validates that.

With Zogby the secret is always in the sauce.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 12:28:30 am »

This.

Uneducated liberals jumping from one unqualified 'star' to another.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 12:42:12 am »
Why wouldn't Democrats vote for a Democrat?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 12:43:56 am »
With Zogby the secret is always in the sauce.

Speaking of sauce, who's in charge of the election night drinking game thread? I'd volunteer but, well, I'm a lush :beer:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 12:49:23 am »
Speaking of sauce, who's in charge of the election night drinking game thread? I'd volunteer but, well, I'm a lush :beer:

No prob, just do split screen to start and then cancel..you'll do fine.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 08:22:20 am »
Now is the time that the media tightens the polls so rats don't assume Hitlery is a shoe in, even though Trump's poll numbers reflect what a sorry piece of crap he is.  If rats think the race is already won they stay home and smoke their bong instead of voting.  Nothing can stop Trumps failure but if rats don't turnout, the down ballot rats don't get elected.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 08:46:42 am »
Speaking of sauce, who's in charge of the election night drinking game thread?

I may be mainlining heroin before the night is out.  Bad news all around.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 10:07:32 am »
Now is the time that the media tightens the polls so rats don't assume Hitlery is a shoe in, even though Trump's poll numbers reflect what a sorry piece of crap he is.  If rats think the race is already won they stay home and smoke their bong instead of voting.  Nothing can stop Trumps failure but if rats don't turnout, the down ballot rats don't get elected.

IPSOS puts it at 45-33 for Clinton without the 3rd parties (22% still said NO WAY to both) and 41-33 for Clinton with Johnson and Stein added.