Author Topic: Stumped by Trump’s success? Take a drive outside US cities  (Read 1507 times)

Offline unknown

Stumped by Trump’s success? Take a drive outside US cities
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:25:15 am »

Stumped by Trump’s success? Take a drive outside US cities

http://nypost.com/2016/08/22/stumped-by-trumps-success-take-a-drive-outside-us-cities/

By Salena Zito
August 22, 2016

If you drive anywhere in Pennsylvania, from the turnpike to the old US routes to the dirt roads connecting small towns like Hooversville with “bigger” small towns like Somerset, you might conclude that Donald Trump is ahead in this state by double digits.

Large signs, small signs, homemade signs, signs that wrap around barns, signs that go from one end of a fence to another, all dot the landscape with such frequency that, if you were playing the old-fashioned road-trip game of counting cows, you would hit 100 in just one small town like this one.

In Ruffsdale, I am pretty sure I saw more than 100 Trump signs.

It’s as if people here have not turned on the television to hear pundits drone on and on about how badly Trump is losing in Pennsylvania.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

Re: Stumped by Trump’s success? Take a drive outside US cities
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:50:51 am »
lol

He's stuck at around 37%

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:04:04 am »
lol

He's stuck at around 37%
In July he was only pulling about 28% here in California so voting for him is about the same as voting for Mickey Mouse, no that's not fair, head to head Mickey would do better, more people like Mickey.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 09:04:35 am »
lol

He's stuck at around 37%

Out here in flyover country I've seen exactly 1 Trump hat about 6 months ago.

Trump has avoided flyover country like the plague and has held all of his rallies in or around urban areas.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:08:49 am »
Trump has avoided flyover country like the plague and has held all of his rallies in or around urban areas.
They do tend to go where the people are, after all.  :shrug: Trump has appeared at rallies in eastern Ohio a few times in the past few months, I believe, and not in major metropolitan areas.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 10:18:23 am »
Someone needs to re read the definition of "success"

Cause what Donny is doing is the polar opposite of successful.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 10:40:40 am »
If you drive anywhere in Pennsylvania, from the turnpike to the old US routes to the dirt roads connecting small towns like Hooversville with “bigger” small towns like Somerset, you might conclude that Donald Trump is ahead in this state by double digits.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Somerset,+PA/Hooversville,+PA+15936/@40.0625697,-78.9742027,33494m/am=t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89cad38421a26693:0x588424461e161b54!2m2!1d-79.0780831!2d40.008411!1m5!1m1!1s0x89cb1c30ff11c177:0x1662320a663ccc24!2m2!1d-78.9119686!2d40.1470217

:whistle:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 10:45:29 am »
Not really stumped.  It's pretty apparent that way too many once-conservative people have gotten so desperate that all they really want is their own version of Obama - a white authoritarian who promises to shred the Constitution the same way Obama and the DNC have, but in pursuit of their own agenda.  Thing is, they're so blinded by desperation they can't even figure out that they've been played for chumps and marks by a consummate con-man.  It's as if, in 2008, Obama had turned out to be a Reaganite after the election.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 10:53:16 am »
What success? He's only been leading Hillary for a few days in polling average. He's a dope who cannot keep his mouth shut.

Let's wait until he wins (or loses) the election to call him a success.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 11:37:43 am »
What success? He's only been leading Hillary for a few days in polling average. He's a dope who cannot keep his mouth shut.
Everytime it looks like he'll take a step forward vs. the Hilarious Rodent, he manages to open his mouth and take two steps back.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 11:59:52 am »
I live in FL in a very populated city with an obvious Hispanic presence and have not seen 1 Trump bumper sticker or yard sign.  Donny isn't doing too well in this area, not at  all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 12:11:49 pm »
I live in FL in a very populated city with an obvious Hispanic presence and have not seen 1 Trump bumper sticker or yard sign.  Donny isn't doing too well in this area, not at  all.

There is no Trump success. Winning the GOP nomination is easy if you have talk radio behind you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 07:29:50 pm »
Here in flyover country, I haven't seen a single Hillary sign or bumper sticker.
I have seen many Trump signs.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:38:19 pm by mountaineer »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
Out here in flyover country I've seen exactly 1 Trump hat about 6 months ago.

I ain't seen a single one. No hats, no bumper stickers, no signs... And I make it a point to walk around the parking lot in Wally-world, and the hundred-dollar store...

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 08:31:21 pm »
His success in losing worse than any major party candidate in history?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,221870.msg1027968.html#new

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:54 pm »
This matters little.

For as of 2010, 80.7% of all Americans live in urban areas.

Support by 19.3% of the US populace will not garner any victories.

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-cities-population-idUSL2E8EQ5AJ20120326