Author Topic: Rocker Alice Cooper Launches White House Bid  (Read 3056 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Rocker Alice Cooper Launches White House Bid
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:44:16 pm »
With U.S. presidential front-runners Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump both suffering high disapproval rates, a new outside candidate sees an opening -- Alice Cooper.

The veteran shock rocker announced Monday that he is running for president with the slogan, "A Troubled Man for Troubled Times."

While the 68-year-old has enjoyed a fan base for decades, his platform, unveiled on a campaign website, revealed that he is not overly serious about his ambitions.

Cooper calls for late Motorhead frontman Lemmy's likeness to be added to Mount Rushmore, the massive mountain sculpture that honors four US presidents, and for comedian Groucho Marx to grace the $50 bill.

Leaving aside sovereignty concerns in Britain, which recently voted to leave the European Union, Cooper's platform also calls for Britain -- where the rocker has long been popular -- to put comic Peter Sellers on the 20-pound note.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-vote-music-Cooper/2016/08/22/id/744642/   

Question :  who will  "A Troubled Man for Troubled Times" gets his votes from?  Mostly Clinton or Trump?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Rocker Alice Cooper Launches White House Bid
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:48:32 pm »
Question :  who will  "A Troubled Man for Troubled Times" gets his votes from?  Mostly Clinton or Trump?
All clowning aside, Cooper is pretty much a conservative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:52:23 pm »
I have found my candidate!

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:57:20 pm »

so? He is still a perverted bad influence and not very conservative in the cutural way

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:57:57 pm »

Cooper/Mustaine

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:00:37 am »
so? He is still a perverted bad influence and not very conservative in the cutural way
It's a show. If you don't want to go, don't buy a ticket. (This is likely one, too).
I know it is rare that the image projected is less conservative than the way someone lives, but it happens. Bad influence, I know. There are worse who appear to be more normal and who are more likely to be emulated.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 12:03:57 am »
It's a show. If you don't want to go, don't buy a ticket. (This is likely one, too).
I know it is rare that the image projected is less conservative than the way someone lives, but it happens. Bad influence, I know. There are worse who appear to be more normal and who are more likely to be emulated.

Frankly I doubt he's been any kind of influence. I was a big fan and even met the man but somehow managed to end up as a fairly solid conservative.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 12:10:22 am »
Frankly I doubt he's been any kind of influence. I was a big fan and even met the man but somehow managed to end up as a fairly solid conservative.

I think he cleaned up.. From what I understand he had a drinking problem..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 12:17:18 am »

Before the Madhouse Rock Tour, in '79, he'd cleaned up, and the whole show actually was based on that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:25:34 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 12:23:09 am »

I think he's been clean since the 80s.

I met him outside my hometown's local gas station party store in the middle of the night in the late 80s. He was with Ted Nugent who was then local and no big deal to us. They had flown into Detroit from somewhere and Cooper was going to fly out of the county airport the next day to visit some relatives in Alpena.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 12:40:32 am »
I think he's been clean since the 80s.

I met him outside my hometown's local gas station party store in the middle of the night in the late 80s. He was with Ted Nugent who was then local and no big deal to us. They had flown into Detroit from somewhere and Cooper was going to fly out of the county airport the next day to visit some relatives in Alpena.

If Cooper hangs out with Ted Nugent, he must be conservative.  Nugent is rock solid.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 12:45:42 am »
Finally!  Somebody I can vote for!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 12:47:19 am »
If Cooper hangs out with Ted Nugent, he must be conservative.  Nugent is rock solid.

Ted Nugent used to have a lot of famous visitors at his place in Michigan. It was a nice quiet place in the country where he could live his life without a lot of interference from the locals.

When I was in School he would occasionally set up visits for our shop class to check out his Broncos. He even taught an elective archery class for a semester.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 12:56:17 am »

Dave Ellefson of Megadeth works for a Christian outreach program in Scottsdale and is apparently a pastor now. (I believe that's where Cooper lives now)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ellefson#Christianity

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oah2HSQlps

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 12:57:57 am »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline beandog

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 01:00:11 am »
He can't be worse than Hillary and the Donald.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 01:02:55 am »
No more
Mr. Nice Guy

No more
Mr. Clean

No more Mr Nice Guy, they say...
He's sick! He's obsce-e-e-ene!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 01:16:37 am »

Recovered alcoholic since the 80's who helps others overcome their addictions, married to the same women for forty years, born again Christian, Conservative, I wish he was serious because I'd vote for him in a heartbeat over Trumpenstein and Hitlary!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:17:20 am by GtHawk »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 01:24:51 am »
Someone tell Salamander at FR, she'll flip out.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 01:39:39 am »
Count me as one too who'd rather turn over the reins to the Coop than to Benito or flippin' Milhous.

Alice handles snakes,  so let him into the debates!   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 01:45:15 am »
Recovered alcoholic since the 80's who helps others overcome their addictions, married to the same women for forty years, born again Christian, Conservative, I wish he was serious because I'd vote for him in a heartbeat over Trumpenstein and Hitlary!

Ditto.. This election is already a mockery of epic proportions might as well vote for Alice Cooper.. Can imagine him talking to Putin..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 01:46:01 am »
Someone tell Salamander at FR, she'll flip out.
I already did.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 02:35:06 am »

I saw him in concert actually in 2003.  He rocked the house and he gave a great performance.  Vintage music yes. Would I vote for him as president?? No.  Even though I believe he would probably do a better job than either Trump or Hillary without a shred of political experience.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 02:42:36 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 02:02:56 pm »

Very interesting fact is that Alice Cooper made maybe what was the very very first MTV Rock Type video in history on this very topic in 1972.

enjoy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4EnjRKVQw
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.