Author Topic: Trump will explode — Republicans take cover now  (Read 762 times)

Offline Leto

Trump will explode — Republicans take cover now
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:45:45 pm »
Very good article by a conservative Daniel Hannan on Orange Glorious.

"They will soon be calling me MR BREXIT!" Donald Trump tweeted on Thursday.

I worked for 26 years to make Brexit happen. I wrote the book on why Britain should leave the EU. I appointed the campaign director who won us the referendum.

Mr. Trump, you're no Mr. Brexit.

Here's the difference: The Brexit campaign was upbeat, civil and forward-looking. We weren't afraid of global markets; we wanted to embrace them. Far from opposing a free trade deal with China, we wanted to leave the EU so that we could sign one. We didn't argue that Britain needed to be "made" great again. We think our country is pretty great now, thank you very much. For what it's worth, most of us think the same of your country.

Anger takes a candidate only so far. You can rail against immigration and K-street lobbying and manifold Clinton abominations, and plenty of people will cheer at your rallies. But even those voters who agree individually with every point you're making will often be put off by your negativity. Americans, perhaps more than any other people on Earth, are optimists. They want their candidates to offer something better.

I think Trump's Delphic Tweet was supposed to be about winning elections unexpectedly. We Brexit campaigners certainly did that. On polling day, the bookies' odds implied an 18 percent probability of a vote to leave, 82 percent to remain.

But Donald Trump is not going to win unexpectedly. He is going to lose wretchedly.

Hannan hits the nail on the head, the malignant narcissist is going to lose. The only question left is who will he blame for his colossal failure?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:47:12 pm by Leto »
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump will explode — Republicans take cover now
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »
Brexit folks had a coherent message and a goal. Donny has nothing. He is constantly "evolving" on his issues and is so chaotic that he has to have a baby sitter now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 03:58:24 pm »
Trump is "evolving" on immigration:

Allahpundit
‏@allahpundit
Trump on legalizing illegals: I’m not flip-flopping but we’re trying to “come up with an answer"

And the Trumpkins told me that, because I was voting for Rubio, I was voting for amnesty.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:21:31 pm »
Trump is "evolving" on immigration:

Trump on legalizing illegals: I’m not flip-flopping but we’re trying to “come up with an answer"

During one of the debates, Cruz asked Trump about the "OFF THE RECORD" NYT  interview that he gave at the beginning of the campaign.  This has been one of Trump's most guarded secrets.

Looks like this is coming to fruition

I understand that it is rumored that he admitted in that interview that he would take a hard left once it got to the general election.  Now it appears that his hallmark position of "The Wall and Mexico paying" was nothing but a ruse.

Aligncare, TomC, and other Orange Fools.......   DO YOU FEEL INCREDIBLY STUPID AFTER BEING DUPED THIS BADLY?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:22:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 04:51:30 pm »
Aligncare, TomC, and other Orange Fools.......   DO YOU FEEL INCREDIBLY STUPID AFTER BEING DUPED THIS BADLY?

Cue the chorus of people defending his "practicality" and "realism."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 04:54:06 pm »
And the Trumpkins told me that, because I was voting for Rubio, I was voting for amnesty.

...and Hillary Clinton. Don't forget that! You're also voting for Hillary!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 05:02:07 pm »
He is correct. BREXIT was the opposite of what people seem to be claiming.

The UK voted for more economic freedom, less protectionism