Author Topic: Bennett: #NeverTrump-ers put vanity above country; ‘Terrible case of moral superiority’  (Read 24781 times)

Offline musiclady

Donald Trump told Mark Halperin yesterday that his sister, a federal judge, would be a “phenomenal” Supreme Court justice. He also said that “we will have to rule that out now, at least.” If he ever becomes president, let’s hope he rules it out permanently. Maryanne Trump Barry came up in my book The Party of Death for writing one of those heated judicial decisions in favor of giving constitutional protection to partial-birth abortion. She called a New Jersey law against it a “desperate attempt” to undermine Roe v. Wade. It was, she wrote, “based on semantic machinations, irrational line-drawing, and an obvious attempt to inflame public opinion instead of logic or medical evidence.” It made no difference where the fetus was when it “expired.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/423196/

How sad it is when a pro-Trump poster uses the Supreme Court as a weapon against non-Trump people, even though they know full well that BOTH candidates share the same leftist ideology as the other.

The idea that Trump will choose better SC Justices than Hillary is a sick joke.  They are both full fledged pro-abortionists with no regard for the Constitution whatsoever.

And it is TRUMP supporters fault that Hillary will win, regardless.  THEY forced on us the only candidate who couldn't beat her, and who, in reality, is doing everything he can to usher her into the WH.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline unknown

Donald Trump told Mark Halperin yesterday that his sister, a federal judge, would be a “phenomenal” Supreme Court justice. He also said that “we will have to rule that out now, at least.” If he ever becomes president, let’s hope he rules it out permanently. Maryanne Trump Barry came up in my book The Party of Death for writing one of those heated judicial decisions in favor of giving constitutional protection to partial-birth abortion. She called a New Jersey law against it a “desperate attempt” to undermine Roe v. Wade. It was, she wrote, “based on semantic machinations, irrational line-drawing, and an obvious attempt to inflame public opinion instead of logic or medical evidence.” It made no difference where the fetus was when it “expired.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/423196/

Wow, you give us a link that doesn't work. You say that he said it yesterday. You try to use something that was described a year ago about his sister, who he loves. Dishonest much??

Why don't you look at his list of judges as examples that he would nominate. And he said that they would ALL be PRO-LIFE. This is about the TRUTH, not about being dishonest. But standing for TRUTH!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
How sad it is when a pro-Trump poster uses the Supreme Court as a weapon against non-Trump people, even though they know full well that BOTH candidates share the same leftist ideology as the other.

The idea that Trump will choose better SC Justices than Hillary is a sick joke.  They are both full fledged pro-abortionists with no regard for the Constitution whatsoever.

And it is TRUMP supporters fault that Hillary will win, regardless.  THEY forced on us the only candidate who couldn't beat her, and who, in reality, is doing everything he can to usher her into the WH.

Yes its incredible that they continue to do their best to deny that he has said these things.  Not two years ago within this election cycle.  All they are going by is his word that he has given to certain groups and politicians.  Namely Evangelicals and politicians who are stupid enough to believe anything he says.  Every day should give them a reason to question whether his word is good.  But they keep following   ****sheep****

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Exactly!  thanks for making my point..
Making your point?!?  You look like a gibbering monkey.  Anybody not brain dead want to explain unknowns "point?"  Any Trump fan's want to defend the statement that "nobody has seen Trump pay for an abortion so he must be Pro-Life?"

Any Pro-Trump people want to defend “Look, Planned Parenthood has done very good work for many, many — for millions of women.” -Trump
http://www.lifenews.com/2016/03/01/donald-trump-praises-planned-parenthood-again-attacks-so-called-conservatives-who-disagree/

I'm all for levity, but we are talking about human lives destroyed, dissected, and harvested for "science" and cash.  Get a clue Skippy! 

Online DB

Wow, you give us a link that doesn't work. You say that he said it yesterday. You try to use something that was described a year ago about his sister, who he loves. Dishonest much??

Why don't you look at his list of judges as examples that he would nominate. And he said that they would ALL be PRO-LIFE. This is about the TRUTH, not about being dishonest. But standing for TRUTH!

The "Truth" is your champion has donated more to Planned Parenthood which kills babies and the Clintons than everyone combined on this Web site. And you have the nerve to use as evidence "he said" as some kind of point. He lies non stop. He's taken both sides of virtually every issue he's ever spoken about. And to you his latest words mean something - only to a fool.

That's the truth.

Offline musiclady

Yes its incredible that they continue to do their best to deny that he has said these things.  Not two years ago within this election cycle.  All they are going by is his word that he has given to certain groups and politicians.  Namely Evangelicals and politicians who are stupid enough to believe anything he says.  Every day should give them a reason to question whether his word is good.  But they keep following   ****sheep****

I find it ironic that anyone who supports Trump.......... especially like this one, who is a Trump zealot......... has the audacity to mention the word "TRUTH" in anything he posts.

There is no truthfulness in Donald Trump.  He has taken both sides of every issue.... even critical issues like abortion.... not just years ago, but in recent weeks and years.

How can they say they care about truth when they support a pathological liar?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I find it ironic that anyone who supports Trump.......... especially like this one, who is a Trump zealot......... has the audacity to mention the word "TRUTH" in anything he posts.

There is no truthfulness in Donald Trump.  He has taken both sides of every issue.... even critical issues like abortion.... not just years ago, but in recent weeks and years.

The answer is, many if not most of Trump's Supporters don't care about truth. They just care about "winning".  **nononono*
Let it burn.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

If you read his books, you'll understand that to Trump, he isn't lying. He has a different moral compass on 'truth' as most of us. To him, truth isn't truth as we see it, truth is whatever is advantageous at the time  for him, and if that changes, the new truth is just as real to him as the old truth- the only underlying factor that is constant is his viewing everything from the prism of the deal he needs to close at the time.

Trump is the type of person who could take a lie detector test and say to totally opposite things and they would both come out as truth to him.

So to Trump, it is all truth and that thinking then bleeds over to those who follow because they see him as genuine so they believe his truth is the same as their truth.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:36:39 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline unknown

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Give it a rest, @musiclady

I'm Pro-Life.  And you're the only "sick joke" here, with your schoolmarm lectures and self-righteousness.....as if only you have the corner when it comes to virtue and proper Conservative thought.   

But who gives a GD if Trump nominates a Justice that believes in a woman's right to choose motherhood and all its responsibilities?

Get your nose out of other women's business and their personal life.

There a "YUUGE" difference between a Constitutional jurist and one that thinks he should vote to control a woman's right-to-choose.

Want to change it?   Change the culture.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

YOU give it a rest! You have made it perfectly clear over the last several months that YOU don't really believe in anything! Other than the Orange wonder that is!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:40:58 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

I'm Pro-Life.  And you're the only "sick joke" here, with your schoolmarm lectures and self-righteousness.....as if only you have the corner when it comes to virtue and proper Conservative thought.   

But who gives a GD if Trump nominates a Justice that believes in a woman's right to choose motherhood and all its responsibilities?

There a "YUUGE" difference between a Constitutional jurist and one that thinks he should vote to control a woman's right-to-choose.

So in other words, in the time of slavery it required a change in culture before anything could be done about it. Think about that for a moment. Because that's what you are saying.

Slavery only came to and end when one side said no more regardless how the other side felt about it or the consequences that followed.

Offline musiclady

There's so much wrong with this post that I'll let you stew in it rather than try to defend myself against its idiocy.

You've always had a hidden disdain for social conservatism, but as with many others, your Trump love has ripped the mask off.

It's valuable to see what's been underneath the pretense of decency for all these years.

Offline musiclady

If you read his books, you'll understand that to Trump, he isn't lying. He has a different moral compass on 'truth' as most of us. To him, truth isn't truth as we see it, truth is whatever is advantageous at the time  for him, and if that changes, the new truth is just as real to him as the old truth- the only underlying factor that is constant is his viewing everything from the prism of the deal he needs to close at the time.

Trump is the type of person who could take a lie detector test and say to totally opposite things and they would both come out as truth to him.

So to Trump, it is all truth and that thinking then bleeds over to those who follow because they see him as genuine so they believe his truth is the same as their truth.

Fascinating insight into a true liberal, AbaraXas.   He makes up his own "truth" and then believes his lies.

As for his followers, I have no idea how any thinking person could see him as "genuine."

His duplicity is as obvious as anything I've ever seen in politics.  I think they have to work very hard to pretend he isn't what he is.

Silver Pines

Damn right I'm being selfish with MY vote.

@Cripplecreek

Worth a repeat.

Offline r9etb

Fascinating insight into a true liberal, AbaraXas.   He makes up his own "truth" and then believes his lies.

Actually, what she's describing is a sociopath.

Offline musiclady

Actually, what she's describing is a sociopath.

Exactly.

A liberal sociopath.

Silver Pines

There's so much wrong with this post that I'll let you stew in it rather than try to defend myself against its idiocy.

You've always had a hidden disdain for social conservatism, but as with many others, your Trump love has ripped the mask off.

It's valuable to see what's been underneath the pretense of decency for all these years.

@musiclady

I haven't seen as many accusations of self-righteousness and sanctimony since I used to frequent the old AOL political chats and boards.  The liberals used to constantly hurl them at conservatives.

I'm not saying Trump supporters are liberals, but it's interesting, nevertheless.

Offline r9etb

Exactly.

A liberal sociopath.

Wellll, maybe.... but don't even liberals generally hold some sort of fixed idea of right and wrong? 

Silver Pines

Hundreds?  Don't overinflate your importance or your numbers.

But do pay closer attention to the many MILLIONS of us who support Trump.

It will make Nov. 8th easier for you.

@Right_in_Virginia

If we're so small in number, why do you folks keep trying to convince us to support Trump? 

Offline unknown

Bringing people to Christ, I see.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

I haven't seen as many accusations of self-righteousness and sanctimony since I used to frequent the old AOL political chats and boards.  The liberals used to constantly hurl them at conservatives.

I'm not saying Trump supporters are liberals, but it's interesting, nevertheless.

What's interesting to me is that, liberal or not, these people think that it's an effective tool in either persuading or bullying someone into compliance with their will.

I especially find the term "self-righteous" revealing, since the ones they're trying to insult with the term are actually the people who believe in their own sinfulness, and that the only righteousness is in God, through Jesus Christ, and that they, themselves, believe their own opinion is superior to a morality that goes back to the beginning of time.

It's another case of black being white and right being wrong.

If we didn't believe in an absolute moral code, not of our own design, we would be more "malleable" and willing to allow Trump's lack of morality and decency to not be a factor for us.

It is the Trump crowd who believes in their own righteousness, and not those of us who find his lack of morality and ethics deplorable.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline musiclady

Wellll, maybe.... but don't even liberals generally hold some sort of fixed idea of right and wrong?

Most do, I think.  Their opinion as to what is "right" and "wrong" is skewed, but they have it.

What I am saying is that Trump is BOTH a liberal AND a sociopath.

And therefore, dangerous.

Offline r9etb

@musiclady

I'd say that, in general and certainly here, they're not liberals in the sense we typically mean it.

What you're seeing, rather, is behavior that comes from supporting someone, and then having to constantly defend that person's indefensible behavior.

I've actually been there, in a different context.  Basically, the person (Trump in this case) identifies himself with a certain stance on a certain issue.   At some point the demagogue succeeds in becoming the embodiment of the issue, to the extent that giving up on the person feels like giving up on the issue.  And thus, lest we lose on the Big Things, the demagogue must be defended against all opponents, who must be dismissed in the most pejorative terms.