Author Topic: Yes, It's Possible to Hack the Election  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yes, It's Possible to Hack the Election
« on: August 20, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »
Yes, It's Possible to Hack the Election

By RICHARD CLARKE

NEWS ANALYSIS — Aug 19, 2016, 10:25 AM ET

After reports of alleged Russian hacking into Democratic Party computer networks, some commentators have suggested that the Russians could hack the results of the U.S. elections. Other analysts have, well before this year’s campaign, suggested that election results in the U.S. could be electronically manipulated, including by our fellow Americans. So could an American election’s outcome be altered by a malicious actor on a computer keyboard?

I have had three jobs that, together, taught me at least one thing: If it’s a computer, it can be hacked. For Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, I served as the White House senior cybersecurity policy adviser. For President Barack Obama, I served on his five-person post–Edward Snowden investigative group on the National Security Agency, intelligence and technology. And for over a decade I have advised American corporations on cybersecurity.

Those experiences confirm my belief that if sophisticated hackers want to get into any computer or electronic device, even one that is not connected to the internet, they can do so.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hack-election/story?id=41489017
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Yes, It's Possible to Hack the Election
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 01:11:15 pm »
If it’s a computer, it can be hacked.

Yup.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Yes, It's Possible to Hack the Election
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 08:18:53 pm »
The Open Voting Consortium came up with some reasonable responses to the well-known problems of electronic voting machines.  The organization isn't conservative (and may tilt to the left, for all I know), but their ideas seem sound.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:19:56 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!