Author Topic: CNN Selectively Edits Police Shooting Victim’s Sister’s Words to Protesters  (Read 752 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Selectively Edits Police Shooting Victim’s Sister’s Words to Protesters
By Kristine Marsh | August 15, 2016 | 4:31 PM EDT
shares

In a classic case of media bias by omission, CNN took extra care Monday to leave out a crucial part of their reports on the Milwaukee police shooting. After a black police officer fatally shot Sylville Smith Sunday, after he refused to put down his gun, riots and violence ensued in the city. Smith’s family was eager to talk to the media and his sister Sherelle had a message that should have been covered and condemned by the media. Instead, CNN decided to air her words but curtail them before they became controversial.

In this video posted by user DeeconX on Twitter, Sherelle Smith can be seen here, in front of several reporters, calling for violence to end...in the city. What she says next is shocking. [language warning]

“Burnin down shit ain’t going to help nothin! Y’all burnin’ down shit we need in our community. Take that shit to the suburbs. Burn that shit down! We need our shit!  We need our weaves. I don’t wear it. But we need it.”

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2016/08/15/cnn-selectively-edits-police-shooting-victims-sisters-words

rangerrebew

What an astute and eloquent young woman. :3:

Offline Just_Victor

Has she submitted her application to Mensa yet?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
CNN Selectively Edits Police Shooting Victim’s Sister’s Words to Protesters
By Kristine Marsh | August 15, 2016 | 4:31 PM EDT
shares

In a classic case of media bias by omission, CNN took extra care Monday to leave out a crucial part of their reports on the Milwaukee police shooting. After a black police officer fatally shot Sylville Smith Sunday, after he refused to put down his gun, riots and violence ensued in the city. Smith’s family was eager to talk to the media and his sister Sherelle had a message that should have been covered and condemned by the media. Instead, CNN decided to air her words but curtail them before they became controversial.

In this video posted by user DeeconX on Twitter, Sherelle Smith can be seen here, in front of several reporters, calling for violence to end...in the city. What she says next is shocking. [language warning]

“Burnin down shit ain’t going to help nothin! Y’all burnin’ down shit we need in our community. Take that shit to the suburbs. Burn that shit down! We need our shit!  We need our weaves. I don’t wear it. But we need it.”

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2016/08/15/cnn-selectively-edits-police-shooting-victims-sisters-words

I live in the suburbs, they are welcome to try and burn down my #$@!
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.