Author Topic: Defining “Trump Derangement Syndrome”  (Read 1777 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Defining “Trump Derangement Syndrome”
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:35:37 pm »
Defining “Trump Derangement Syndrome”

In 2004, it was Bush Derangement Syndrome. In 2008, it was Palin Derangement Syndrome. Now, it’s Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS). The symptoms of each are generally the same: expressions of hyperbolic disgust, ridicule, and fear of the named candidate; total ignorance regarding the candidate’s actual ideological or policy perspectives; a belief that anything the candidate says is true; and a generalized state of anxiety regarding the future of the country that has no basis in fact.

What is the psychological foundation of TDS?

In every culture, there must be a vessel that holds negative energy. It is what depth psychologist Carl Jung called the “Shadow” of the culture’s collective unconscious. It is “The Other”. It is the projection of that culture’s own dark side. The Other must be created, for it is a defense mechanism that allows the culture to avoid dealing with difficult or unwanted feelings. Thus, there is all that is perceived to be “right”, and anything that opposes that order must be – by definition – wrong. It must come from darkness. It must be evil.

Read More At: http://townhall.com/columnists/lawrencemeyers/2016/08/14/defining-trump-derangement-syndrome-n2204686

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Defining “Trump Derangement Syndrome”
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:37:15 pm »
Read More At: http://townhall.com/columnists/lawrencemeyers/2016/08/14/defining-trump-derangement-syndrome-n2204686
I think that a more fitting comparison is that TDS is like ODS in that many, not all by any means,Trump supporters are just like Obama supporters in that they deify their chosen one and blindly accept and defend anything he says while attacking all that refuse to worship at the altar of their candidate.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:14:16 pm by GtHawk »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »
These "derangement syndromes" are nothing more than attempts to stifle legitimate discussion and debate. They
are identified and deployed by supporters of this or that candidate who, to borrow from the opening statement of
a certain magazine, do a lot of talking about hearing other points of view but go into shock to discover there are
other points of view. Even the most reasoned demurral from the Revealed Word of their chosen candidates is
denounced as a mere "derangement syndrome." And, as the author of the original piece acknowledges (grudgingly?),
 they're not exactly restricted to one party, as anyone whowas ever dismissed as having "Clinton Derangement Syndrome"
(I heard it and saw it often enough during the age of Droopy Drawers Clinton) or "Obama Derangement Syndrome"
can tell you.

Those who deploy it even against reasoned and calm discussion should be dismissed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:24:02 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 07:38:36 pm »
I think there is something called  Trump Overly Adoration Derangement i.e. TOAD. That is when normally sane people become overly attracted to and enamored with certain other people with huge egos, orange skin, and abysmal knowledge of things they're supposed to know about.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 08:11:16 pm »
Yup.  To a Trumpkin rational thought would appear to be derangement.  To sane people, Trumpism is deranged. 

geronl

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »
I think there is something called  Trump Overly Adoration Derangement i.e. TOAD. That is when normally sane people become overly attracted to and enamored with certain other people with huge egos, orange skin, and abysmal knowledge of things they're supposed to know about.

TOADies! That is a name to make the Trumpers happy!

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 10:26:47 pm »
One thing for sure. Nevertrump people will always think Trump supporters are deranged. Trump supporters know nevertrump people are.  :smokin: :whistle:

geronl

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 10:29:36 pm »
Trump supporters know nevertrump people are.

Conservative principles are just rotten, right? Just admit it, Trumpers have a seething hatred for anything conservative.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 10:34:39 pm »
Conservative principles are just rotten, right? Just admit it, Trumpers have a seething hatred for anything conservative.
  Seething hatred. Wow...I don't know if having hillary as prez is seething hatred. I don't know if seething hatred is what i feel about teamobama either. What is your description of seething hatred? What is your description of conservative principles before we go any futher on this @geronl

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »
Yup.  To a Trumpkin rational thought would appear to be derangement.  To sane people, Trumpism is deranged.

That doesn't help matters :thud:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »
  Seething hatred. Wow...I don't know if having hillary as prez is seething hatred. I don't know if seething hatred is what i feel about teamobama either. What is your description of seething hatred? What is your description of conservative principles before we go any futher on this @geronl
Hey @geronl please answer my questions. I want to know what your descriptions are. I have  known you via 3 other websites. stink, CC and FR.  I would like to have a discussion on this with you. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 12:35:22 am »
You know... I put up polls, months ago, on Trump's positions (made generic by stripping out specific ethnic groups and religions).

And in all of them, Trump's positions were the minority.

I'd hazard that means that Trump's positions are not viewed in a positive light.