Author Topic: Trump blasts NY Times after story about 'sputtering' campaign  (Read 1633 times)

Wingnut

Trump blasts NY Times after story about 'sputtering' campaign
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:20:05 am »
The New York Times is painting a dire picture of the Trump campaign in a story titled "Inside the Failing Mission to Save Donald Trump From Himself."
Trump is having none of it. The problem, he says, is ... The Times.
"The failing @nytimes has become a newspaper of fiction," he tweeted Saturday afternoon about two hours after the story went online. "Their stories about me always quote non-existent unnamed sources. Very dishonest!"
Trump has repeatedly called The Times a "failing" paper in reference to its financial challenges. He routinely calls the media "dishonest."
At a rally in Fairfield, Connecticut on Saturday night, he said "the newspaper is going to hell."
"Maybe we'll start thinking about taking away their press credentials," he said. "When they write dishonest stories we should be a little bit tough." Trump's crowd cheered.
Trump first floated the idea of potentially banning The Times on August 1. His campaign has been denying press credentials to The Washington Post since June. Several other prominent news outlets have also been affected by the so-called "blacklist."
Trump has been running an anti-media campaign ever since he entered the presidential race in June 2015. It proved highly persuasive during the primaries, but political analysts have doubts that it will be as effective during the general election.
The Times story noted Trump's "souring relationship with the news media" but focused on the campaign's struggles.
The article, which will appear in Sunday's print edition, said some of Trump's advisors "now increasingly concede that Mr. Trump may be beyond coaching."
It also said that "in private, Mr. Trump's mood is often sullen and erratic, his associates say. He veers from barking at members of his staff to grumbling about how he was better off following his own instincts during the primaries and suggesting he should not have heeded their calls for change."
Trump seemed to object to the suggestion that he's not having fun.
"I am truly enjoying myself while running for president," he tweeted right after slamming The Times. "The people of our country are amazing - great numbers on November 8th!"
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/13/media/donald-trump-new-york-times/

Wingnut

Re: Trump blasts NY Times after story about 'sputtering' campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:22:22 am »
The rantings of a mad man.  Trump is going to have a nervous break down before this is over....
The man is coming unglued. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 02:30:38 am »
Paranoia like this just feeds on itself.  The press gets stories from Trump insiders, Trump discounts the stories (even though he knows they're true), the press works harder to get further confirmation, Trump discounts the confirmations, and on and on. 

No doubt he's suspicious of his entire staff, wondering who's ratting him out.  A melt down is coming.

Pence decided to release his tax returns today, making it easier for the RNC to put him in the top spot if Trump decides to bail.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 02:43:10 am »
I expect Trump to go Capt Queeg on Pence any day.  He stole his strawberries.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 02:44:14 am »
This guy tells me I need the undercoating but says he'll try to get a deal from his manager:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 03:51:14 am »
The rantings of a mad man.  Trump is going to have a nervous break down before this is over....
The man is coming unglued.

It isn't the press that is damaging Trump it is his own mouth.  Fascism creep.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 10:36:02 am »
This guy tells me I need the undercoating but says he'll try to get a deal from his manager:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 02:59:02 pm »
And we have yet another sign that Trump would behave no differently from Obama in the White House. Remember all the outrage when the Obama administration blocked FoxNews from briefings?  We'll apparently be getting the same thing from a Trump administration.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 03:17:00 pm »
It isn't the press that is damaging Trump it is his own mouth.  Fascism creep.
Quote from: Wingnut on August 13, 2016, 10:22:22 PM
"The rantings of a mad man.  Trump is going to have a nervous break down before this is over.... The man is coming unglued."
@Chosen Daughter
@Wingnut

Trump IS a mad man: The raving mad man will govern that way.  Every day there is chaos now and there will be chaos every day he is president.  There are over 300 million people in this country and people chose an insane man who may be president.  Clinton is not crazy and the country will survive the four years she is in.  It may NOT survive if mad man Trump is in.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 11:19:53 pm »
"The failing @nytimes has become a newspaper of fiction," he tweeted Saturday afternoon about two hours after the story went online. "Their stories about me always quote non-existent unnamed sources. Very dishonest!"

I responded to that tweet something close to this:  I know! They said you had a PR guy named John Baron and you didn't.  What liars!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 03:34:16 am »
He's running his campaign via Twitter. 

Which raises the question: Why has Trump's team not cut off his thumbs and duct taped his arms to his side, to keep the stupid idiot away from Twitter?

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 03:37:34 am »
He's running his campaign via Twitter. 

Which raises the question: Why has Trump's team not cut off his thumbs and duct taped his arms to his side, to keep the stupid idiot away from Twitter?

This is what they need:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 03:39:24 am »