Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country  (Read 28252 times)

Offline musiclady

That's what I have been asking Trump supporters for months now.  The same people who out of 17 candidates gave us the only one who can't beat Clinton.

SO true.  We had so many fine candidates, and some real conservatives who could have beat the pantsuit off the criminal.

And what did "we" do??  Chose her pal who had no chance in hades of beating her.

But the question never gets answered, does it?

Why did you back a corrupt liberal if you didn't want a corrupt liberal in the WH??

Makes no sense whatsoever.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

Then you and the others eat the consequences. We'll try and cleanup your mess if possible.

It's not my consequence to eat. If you want Conservative votes, don't nominate a liberal. Pretty simple.

geronl

Let's be honest - if Cruz had secured the nomination, and there was a #NeverCruz movement, you'd be saying the exact things us on the #NeverHillary side are - i.e. time to band together to defeat her, so all you Trump people need to get on board.

There is a #NeverCruz movement, as irrational and stupid as it sounds.

Offline musiclady

It's not my consequence to eat. If you want Conservative votes, don't nominate a liberal. Pretty simple.

Makes you wonder why everyone can't see the obvious, doesn't it??  The guy is a liberal. And that's about the best thing that can be said about him.... 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline roamer_1

BIG disappointment for this 20 + year listener.

I wouldn't know... I stopped listening in 2007 over Romney.

Offline wolfcreek

Flowers, that's simply not true, and Myst has asked us not to post that particular fiction.

You nevers have created this fallacy and desperately want to be true. Fact is your wrong.

Offline wolfcreek

Yeah, he says that now!  When it could have made a positive difference, he firmly implanted his butt on the fence.

I firmly [despite what ML thinks" planted my butt on Cruz until he was gone. Now reality has set in. It's either Trump or Hillary. Pick one or get out of the way.

Offline roamer_1

That would be the meme you portray.

You do know the person with the most electoral votes is the winner,....right? How do you think not voting contributes to that total?

It DOESN'T contribute, wiseguy. It goes in neither column. it is a null.
Likewise, if I vote for Castle, the vote goes in Castles column.

You need to be disabused of the idea that my vote belongs to your candidate. It doesn't.
If I abstain, it is not a vote taken away from your candidate, because my vote was never his to start with.
Likewise if I vote for Castle - It makes no difference at all to your candidate's column. Nor the other NYC liberal's column either.

Offline Hoodat

Maybe he's not the one who slipped. He claims he would have supported ANY of the 17 just to keep Hillary out.

There were only 16 who could have kept Hillary out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Makes you wonder why everyone can't see the obvious, doesn't it??  The guy is a liberal. And that's about the best thing that can be said about him....

That's right - And I will not vote for a liberal. EVER.

Offline musiclady

Yeah, he says that now!  When it could have made a positive difference, he firmly implanted his butt on the fence.

It was sliding towards Trump.......... off the left side of the fence. 

I never thought I'd see the day when Rush backed a hard core liberal.

I guess I was naïve, but it still surprises me that he didn't mean a stinking word he said about being a conservative.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
That would be the meme you portray.

You do know the person with the most electoral votes is the winner,....right? How do you think not voting contributes to that total?
I don't want to rain on your crazy parade pal, but isn't this all predicated on living in a swing state?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:25:29 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
You nevers have created this fallacy and desperately want to be true. Fact is your wrong.
Getting pretty possessive there, Wolf.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
And then that "unacceptable candidate" managed to find a large number of people to accept him, and he won the nomination.  Our guy lost, then went on to make an ass of himself (my opinion - we can disagree).  This sort of thing happens in a primary

Let's be honest - if Cruz had secured the nomination, and there was a #NeverCruz movement, you'd be saying the exact things us on the #NeverHillary side are - i.e. time to band together to defeat her, so all you Trump people need to get on board.
Trump was nominated because he and his followers were willing to practice "the end justifies the means" by saying and claiming the  most outrageous things about anyone opposing him. How was Cruz to know, the way Trump has escalated the attacks, whether or not next was fire-bombing his home and rightly removed himself from further abuse?

I hate that we are stuck with our only choice is whole wheat or white bread on our shitesandwich. Of course I will vote AGAINST hitlery, Trump will be much easier to impeach sooner.

Offline roamer_1

I'm not saying I agree with it.  I'm just saying it's funny.

:silly: Yeah, that's funny...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Limbaugh says a vote for a third party or not voting at all is the same as voting for Hillary. Nothing fallacious about it.
Limbaugh is fallacious. He's an entertainer.

'Don't vote for what you want, vote for someone else. Otherwise, you are voting for another person than the person you voted for and the polar opposite of what you voted for. '

Don't you see how utterly and completely ridiculous that sounds YET?

It is the same tired bludgeon of lesser evildom, only the effects are cumulative.

It might not be toxic in small doses, but look at what it has done to this Republic a small dose at a time.

If we get a large enough dose, maybe the electorate will have the sense to reject it, and purge it from the system. The arsenic you can't taste will kill you over time, but if you taste the metal, you'll spit it out.
This little froggy jumped out of the pot and the rest resent it? A Crab basket mentality?

I submit that if we do not choose that which we want and pursue it, we damned sure won't get it.

A vote for anything less is a vote for another term of being unhappy with the results. Who, in their right mind would walk away from the polls satisfied because they had voted for what they did not want?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

First of all, I'm not a never, secondly, I'm pretty good at not creating fallacies, and thirdly, what's true is true.  In spite of your efforts to the contrary.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:23:23 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There were only 16 who could have kept Hillary out.

15.  One of the 16 was Lindsey Graham.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Limbaugh is fallacious. He's an entertainer.

The political world's version of a movie critic.

He praises Trump for doing exactly the same thing he rightfully warned would cost Romney the election.

In 2011 Limbaugh warned that Romney was ignoring the flyover country base by concentrating on urban areas with big venues and lots of moderates and liberals. In fact what Limbaugh said was that Romney is winning primaries like a liberal and doesn't stand a chance in the general.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is a fact. That is what teamclinton is hoping for and getting from people who are voting 3rd party or not voting. It is a vote for hillary plain and simple. Anyone who has no problem with her in the White House is way beyond me. The list of things she has done fills reams of paper. Just think what we don't know about her.
Anyone who what? SKriiiiitch. Your record should have stopped right there.

Sure, I have a problem with EITHER New York Liberal in the White House.

Not wanting Trump does not equate to wanting Hillary. Your reasoning is trapped by your false dichotomy.

There are other choices, and the more people who realize that, the more viable those choices become.
I'm not saying they will win this time, but they will never win if you continue to be kept in thrall by the alleged two party system. Aren't you tired of the GOP treating you like a political slave?

You'll vote for what they give you whether you like it or not otherwise the Democrat will win and it will be TEOTWAWKI! 

You wouldn't go to a restaurant and be told to eat what they give you or be threatened with a plate full of completely inedible gunk, why do that with politics?

Let's play the long game. You know, the one which the liberal Marxists have been playing since the early 1900s. The strategy that got them this far.

Perspective: Well, last time, the most despicable Democrat so far got in--again--and the world is still rotating counter clockwise (as seen from the North Pole), doing the orbital thing around Sol, the continents are still drifting, and there hasn't even been a decent mass extinction. Hoodathunkit?

Ever consider Clinton is what team Trump is hoping for? That she is the ultimate boogeyman to get Donny the Magnificent elected--(or not)? That she is the one we all fear to the point we keep two groups of charlatans in power?

They play off each other to the point people are afraid to vote their conscience and push for the government they really want instead of a "lesser evil".

And don't play the "For the childrenn! bit, either. That card is getting as worn as the race card.

Yes, I dearly love my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I also recognize that our actions will shape the choices we have, and the choices they have in the elections of the future. If we don't have the courage to choose a government which will return to our Constitution in practice, whether or not we are successful right away, that choice will not exist for them.

We have to start somewhere. If not now, when? As our Leftist opponents said long ago, the voyage of a thousand miles starts with one step. Cut your chains, and come along, it's a long way back to a Constitutional Republic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

I don't want to rain on your crazy parade pal, but isn't this all predicated on living in a swing state?
They're the ones that count.
There is the possibility that no one gets 270 then the popular vote could come into play. IIRC

Offline wolfcreek

Getting pretty possessive there, Wolf.

Dang! I hate when that happens.  :thud:

Offline goatprairie

Ninety-one days before the election day, and Ted Cruz continues to be the focus of the Trump faction.
As Mark Levin said today on his show, Cruz endorsing Trump would not move the needle one bit. Trump must convince the voters that he is the best choice. No amount of endorsements by other Pubbies will convince any voter who now dislikes him to vote for him because Cruz endorsed him.
The Trumpkins are delusional....Trump is behind because of who he is....a totally incompetent campaigner with a sorry image.

Offline wolfcreek

First of all, I'm not a never, secondly, I'm pretty good at not creating fallacies, and thirdly, what's true is true.  In spite of your efforts to the contrary.

Sorry I assumed you were a Never.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
your wrong.
you're*

Furthermore, no, we're not. The only vote for Hillary is a vote actually cast for Hillary.

Do not play this game. There are more than two people on the ballot. To pretend otherwise is an exercise in delusion.

Besides, we tried that game in 2012 and still lost.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024