Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country  (Read 28256 times)

Online roamer_1

Descriptive, but that is EXACTLY how I feel about it.

Butt, butt, butt.... Ours has SPRINKLES!

HonestJohn

And then that "unacceptable candidate" managed to find a large number of people to accept him, and he won the nomination.  Our guy lost, then went on to make an ass of himself (my opinion - we can disagree).  This sort of thing happens in a primary

Let's be honest - if Cruz had secured the nomination, and there was a #NeverCruz movement, you'd be saying the exact things us on the #NeverHillary side are - i.e. time to band together to defeat her, so all you Trump people need to get on board.

The key difference is that there would be policy points that we could agree upon and then use to justify why one should support that candidate.  The is nothing like that with Trump.

Every single issue he is for and against.  The only ones that hasn't been both for and against are the incredibly insane ideas to abandon our allies and start trade wars with our major trading partners.

There is nothing to justify any support for the guy. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:25:37 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
You didn't look well.

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/by:libertytreesurgeon/index?tab=comments;brevity=full;options=no-change

I thoguht Cruz lost????   Why are people still worried about him?    Heck to have a full blown thread on him is insane.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

really? there's a conservative running for POTUS? I bet you're sitting on your ass.

Well of course I am sitting on my ass. That's what it's for.
While I am sitting on my ass, I fix computers.
I know. Multi-tasking - Who knew?
And between jobs, I also talk to people who have a whole lot of money.
These people are very committed to the Pro-Life cause.
I help them put that money to good use.
Right now, that money is only going to one presidential candidate.
The Conservative, Pro-Life one.
Darrell Castle.
It may well be that NRTL endorses Darrell Castle.
If they do, that's me waiving at you.  :seeya:

Offline musiclady

I thoguht Cruz lost????   Why are people still worried about him?    Heck to have a full blown thread on him is insane.

It's especially amusing that the thread started with a comment made by Ginni Thomas, whose opinion is totally irrelevant.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

You still dont acknowledge that this isnt about any one candidate or individual, it's about saving the country from the Progressive Left. It's imperative we all do our part.

Glad to hear you support the efforts to remove Trump from the ballot and replace him with any other candidate.

It's imperative we all do our part to stop the Progressive Left, you see.

---

But you won't, which proves your entire post is horse manure.

Online roamer_1

Some people are coprophilic. I can't help what they find 'acceptable'. It still does not make them right, even if they are in the majority, nor does it incline nor induce me to join them. Note that "unacceptable" is not the same thing as "less acceptable". The latter proposes a hierarchy of acceptability. The former simply states that something is not acceptable, regardless of comparison.

Yes. Some people do very strange things. It is best not to be a follower.

Offline skeeter

What specifically is your point?

#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt

Your abusive derogatory style has more in common with Greetings Puny Humans than it does Liberty Tree Surgeon.

Offline wolfcreek

We have seen the same stuff, from posters supporting the same alleged belief, with the same tired arguments, repeatedly. One can only assume the intent is not to converse, but to disrupt conversation by drawing the conversation away from the thread topic to the same tired old arguments.

It is tedious, but I believe that to be the intent of the people who post such garbage at those who have decided to vote their conscience. Like a gun control law, their rationale seems to be 'if it gets only one vote', which would be peculiar indeed for people who has so vehemently assured us our votes and support were neither needed nor desired. It isn't that they aren't focused on Hillary, it is just a matter of their fallacious assertion we want her for President which is the problem.

Limbaugh says a vote for a third party or not voting at all is the same as voting for Hillary. Nothing fallacious about it.

Offline wolfcreek

Glad to hear you support the efforts to remove Trump from the ballot and replace him with any other candidate.

It's imperative we all do our part to stop the Progressive Left, you see.

---

Now there's a *fallacious* statement. In case y'all wondered what one looks like.

Not very honest there, John.

Online roamer_1

Limbaugh says a vote for a third party or not voting at all is the same as voting for Hillary. Nothing fallacious about it.

Limbaugh is stone dead wrong. As long as there is a Conservative in the race, that Conservative will get my unwavering support.

And as far as supporting the NYC Liberal (either one of them) - I am Conservative. Liberalism is our natural enemy. Why would anyone expect me to endorse that which I abhor? Not gonna happen. Ever.

If there is no Conservative to vote for, then I will simply abstain. NYC liberals be damned.

Offline musiclady

Limbaugh is stone dead wrong. As long as there is a Conservative in the race, that Conservative will get my unwavering support.

And as far as supporting the NYC Liberal (either one of them) - I am Conservative. Liberalism is our natural enemy. Why would anyone expect me to endorse that which I abhor? Not gonna happen. Ever.

If there is no Conservative to vote for, then I will simply abstain. NYC liberals be damned.

It shows you how far Rush has slipped from his Conservative ideals.  He's now pimping liberalism after all those years of telling us how awful it was.

I guess his standards weren't actually standards at all...........   :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

That is a fact. That is what teamclinton is hoping for and getting from people who are voting 3rd party or not voting. It is a vote for hillary plain and simple. Anyone who has no problem with her in the White House is way beyond me. The list of things she has done fills reams of paper. Just think what we don't know about her.

Offline flowers

And by doing so you are voting for hillary.

Online roamer_1

That is a fact. That is what teamclinton is hoping for and getting from people who are voting 3rd party or not voting. It is a vote for hillary plain and simple.

So basic math isn't your strong suit...

Anyone who has no problem with her in the White House is way beyond me. The list of things she has done fills reams of paper. Just think what we don't know about her.

It isn't that anyone wants Clinton in the white house - It's that Trump is a distinction without a difference.

Online roamer_1

It shows you how far Rush has slipped from his Conservative ideals.  He's now pimping liberalism after all those years of telling us how awful it was.

Rush has always turned Republican after the primaries. He did the same thing with Romney and McCain't - I don't hold it against him, but he has to be taken as entertainment more than anything else... Activist he ain't. He won't endorse in the primaries, and he turns rah-rah Republican thereafter. Meh.

Offline wolfcreek

Then you and the others eat the consequences. We'll try and cleanup your mess if possible.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And by doing so you are voting for hillary.

Flowers, that's simply not true, and Myst has asked us not to post that particular fiction.

Offline wolfcreek

Maybe he's not the one who slipped. He claims he would have supported ANY of the 17 just to keep Hillary out.

Offline musiclady

Rush has always turned Republican after the primaries. He did the same thing with Romney and McCain't - I don't hold it against him, but he has to be taken as entertainment more than anything else... Activist he ain't. He won't endorse in the primaries, and he turns rah-rah Republican thereafter. Meh.

I only disagree with one point here.   From what I heard during the Primaries, Rush DID endorse Trump.  He said he didn't, but Trump is all he talked about.......... and not negatively, nor, IMO, honestly about Trump's liberalism.

He said once or twice that Cruz was the only conservative, but then he praised Trump for 3 hours, and not Cruz.

I didn't listen all the time, but from what I heard, he praised Trump so much that it was tantamount to an endorsement.

BIG disappointment for this 20 + year listener.

Online Hoodat

Anyone who has no problem with her in the White House is way beyond me. The list of things she has done fills reams of paper.

That's what I have been asking Trump supporters for months now.  The same people who out of 17 candidates gave us the only one who can't beat Clinton.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe he's not the one who slipped. He claims he would have supported ANY of the 17 just to keep Hillary out.

Yeah, he says that now!  When it could have made a positive difference, he firmly implanted his butt on the fence.

Offline wolfcreek

So basic math isn't your strong suit...

It isn't that anyone wants Clinton in the white house - It's that Trump is a distinction without a difference.

That would be the meme you portray.

You do know the person with the most electoral votes is the winner,....right? How do you think not voting contributes to that total?