Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country  (Read 28247 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

And thus, my point is made.  You'd rather have Clinton than Trump.  And @Rivergirl goes on to second your position in the very next post.  I appreciate both of your honesty. 

Perhaps I should invert my tag line... #ProHillary = #NeverTrump

So what you're saying is "A does not equal A". Francisco d'Anconia would tell you to check your premises.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

Here's why I'm not posting here much anymore: I'm tired of the pro-Trumps calling everyone who disagrees with them a Hillary supporter. I'm tired of the NeverTrumps quoting pro-Hillary sources like WashPost as gospel on why Trump is bad.

It's the rare post that actually offers reason to support any of the candidates. Rather, there's too much hysteria, too little reasoned thought on both sides, and I've pretty much had it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

Here's why I'm not posting here much anymore: I'm tired of the pro-Trumps calling everyone who disagrees with them a Hillary supporter. I'm tired of the NeverTrumps quoting pro-Hillary sources like WashPost as gospel on why Trump is bad.

It's the rare post that actually offers reason to support any of the candidates. Rather, there's too much hysteria, too little reasoned thought on both sides, and I've pretty much had it.

Allow me to pictorally second your opinion:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I have offered hundreds if not thousands of sound reasons to reject Trump AND Hillary but they bounce off the folks who need to read them like water off a duck's back!  I'm pretty much done with arguing with them myself!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:50:36 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Your tagline is entirely false.

You know that, and yet you keep repeating it.

That's problematic, don't you think??  I mean repeating something you know to be untrue??

Again, assuming you know something that is not so.  By my repeated entries on this forum, and by this post now, let me dissuade you from your error - if you are #NeverTrump, you are effectively #ProHillary.  You might not wish to think so, but the practical effect of your anti-Trump position is to throw Hillary your de facto support.  This is my firm belief, the result of simple logic in a two-party system.  Further, both @Jazzhead and @Rivergirl admitted this precise thing in their posts. 

So, with all this, can YOU admit it, or will you continue in willful blindness?

#ProHillary = #NeverTrump (no, really, this is a true statement and I endorse this message)
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Again, assuming you know something that is not so.  By my repeated entries on this forum, and by this post now, let me dissuade you from your error - if you are #NeverTrump, you are effectively #ProHillary.  You might not wish to think so, but the practical effect of your anti-Trump position is to throw Hillary your de facto support.  This is my firm belief, the result of simple logic in a two-party system.  Further, both @Jazzhead and @Rivergirl admitted this precise thing in their posts. 

#ProHillary = #NeverTrump (no, really, this is a true statement and I endorse this message)

See what I mean!  Saul Alinsky lives!  Repeat the lie often enough and eventually they will buy it!  I've had quite enough of that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

But we have at least four political parties running for the office, and a candidate still has to get the majority of the Electoral College over all opponents combined to win the election. Your premise is false.

The only reason it appears to be a two-party race is because our society is stuck in a mindset that assumes it. You and other members of the Trump caucus are openly encouraging this mindset because you know Trump is terrible, so your only argument is that Hillary is supposedly worse. No. They're one and the same. Trump donates to the Clinton Foundation. They attend each other's weddings and parties. They both live in downstate New York, the center of political corruption in America.

If you insist on saying those are the only two choices, then you admit that America is no longer a republic and has been hijacked by crooks.

This, ladies and gents, is why I support Gary Johnson.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:55:38 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
But we have at least four political parties running for the office, and a candidate still has to get the majority of the Electoral College over all opponents combined to win the election. Your premise is false.

The only reason it appears to be a two-party race is because our society is stuck in a mindset that assumes it. You and other members of the Trump caucus are openly encouraging this mindset because you know Trump is terrible, so your only argument is that Hillary is supposedly worse. No. They're one and the same. Trump donates to the Clinton Foundation. They attend each other's weddings and parties. They both live in downstate New York, the center of political corruption in America.

If you insist on saying those are the only two choices, then you admit that America is no longer a republic and has been hijacked by crooks.

This, ladies and gents, is why I support Gary Johnson.

EXACTLY!  Trump and Hillary are two slices out of the same cyanide laced pie and I will have none of it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Frankly I don't care if Trumpers accuse me of supporting Clinton. Its false and we all know it just like we all know that Trump is losing all by himself.

In any case, I wish them lost of luck making me feel guilt or shame for being right about Trump for the last year or the last 30 years.

Offline aligncare

You haven't proven any point, and the owners here have asked people to stop the silly, illogical meme that anyone not supporting Trump necessarily is pro-Hillary.

Butchering Shakespeare: A rose by any other name still stinks...

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

You haven't proven any point, and the owners here have asked people to stop the silly, illogical meme that anyone not supporting Trump necessarily is pro-Hillary.
I said "my point is made" - two forum posters admitted it.  My needing to prove it now being unnecessary.

And I've not seen such directive to stop this meme.  In fact, if this forum isn't one where we can work to inform and persuade, then wouldn't we end up with That Other Site (TOS) at the end of the day?  Because this is definitely much more #NeverTrump than otherwise.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline aligncare

The time for "reasoned thought" was primary season. Check the calendar. Primaries are over.

Binary crunch time. Never Trump fantasy aside - it's Trump or Hillary. Which will it be?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The time for "reasoned thought" was primary season. Check the calendar. Primaries are over.

Binary crunch time. Never Trump fantasy aside - it's Trump or Hillary. Which will it be?

You can keep repeating that till hell freezes over but it still won't be true! It is perfectly within our power to reject both Trump AND Hillary and that is EXACTLY what I will do!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

You can keep repeating that till hell freezes over but it still won't be true! It is perfectly within our power to reject both Trump AND Hillary and that is EXACTLY what I will do!

The Trump campaign has already lost yet keeps throwing men into the jaws of defeat like the generals of Gallipoli.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

The primaries are over. The "other than Trump supporters" WERE a majority, but that is the way the game is played. Reality.

One of two candidates will swear the oath on Jan 20. Reality.

There is one ideologically pure candidate. Reality.

Not voting Trump lessens the work load and paves the path for the pure statist ideology candidate. Reality.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Of course Mr. New York City chimes in with the false dilemma again.

You can't force me to vote. You will not drag me into your city's corruption.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

The primaries are over. The "other than Trump supporters" WERE a majority, but that is the way the game is played. Reality.

Not voting Trump lessens the work load and paves the path for the pure statist ideology candidate. Reality.
But Trump is also a pure statist ideology candidate, just of a different flavor. There is no difference.

Offline skeeter

I'm afraid the only difference between the two candidates is to whom they pay lip service. As usual.

Still, that may end up being enough to sway my vote - again - but I want it known I have no illusions about Trump.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:46:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
How is asking a question admitting to anything?  Unlike your ilk, I don't assume to know what is in someone's head, set up a strawman based on the assumption, knock it down, then strut around like I just got a good one in on my opponent in the House of Commons. 

Since you answered, I'll ask you - who was Cruz suggesting we vote for?  Who is Cruz going to vote for, in your opinion?
If you are thinking that Cruz was suggesting we vote for Trump then there wouldn't be any controversy would there? Furthermore if Donald Trump really is the protector of the Constitution and moral values why are people mad at Cruz for saying to follow them? Newt Gingrich didn't see a problem with what Cruz said, but a lot of people did. Why?
Cruz is telling us we have to make our own choices, and it varies based on the person. It's a biblical principle. I watched his press conference and he was asked who he was going to vote for. He didn't say and as you pointed out I shouldn't be trying to read anyone's mind, so I apologize for jumping the gun there. Cruz speaks for himself. I think he was pointing us at the tools we should be using to decide who to vote for in any election not just a name for this one.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

The time for "reasoned thought" was primary season. Check the calendar.
My brain didn't come with an off switch.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

My brain didn't come with an off switch.

That ain't no bull, And you always land on your feet!

Offline Cripplecreek

Offline wolfcreek

Why?  Trump and his acolyte's clearly state that Cruz is beneath contempt.  I know I don't seek validation from those I despise.

Dont let that hate eat a hole in you. Ted made his  own bed. There's a movement here in Texas to can his butt.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Dont let that hate eat a hole in you. Ted made his  own bed. There's a movement here in Texas to can his butt.
Wouldn't want any one in the senate to stand strong on conservatives values, that would be a shame.  :whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Let me know if he does any better than Paul Nehlen.