Author Topic: Beat him like a drum: Donald Trump must not just lose in November; to correct the institutions he’s broken, he must suffer a humiliating defeat  (Read 15175 times)

Offline flowers

I repeat.  Did you READ the vile post she wrote about me??  Did you SEE the ugliness in her words?

They were not even just wrong opinions.  I know some people don't like me.  I can't do anything other than be who I am with the values I have and the personality I have.

Several people said it was one of the ugliest assaults on anyone they had ever seen.  GOOD people, flowers.  People who care about decency and truth.

I know you have come to despise me because I can't tolerate Trump, but I can't believe that you support disgusting personal attacks that bear no resemblance to truth.

Standing up for the assault against me diminishes you, @flowers.  Anyone who was on that thread knows what happened, and knows who was in the wrong.

Yes as a matter of fact I just read it. Lavinia. Spot on really. 

Offline musiclady

You are not the same person whom I knew just a few short months ago.

I am sad for the loss......

But it's good to know that you support all out lies, and vile character assassination.

It's important for me to know how deeply you hate me.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Way to double down on stupid!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

Way to double down on stupid!

Actually, I really am glad to know how deep the hatred and anger is just because I don't support Trump.

These people were my "friends" before this.  I haven't changed a single bit.  I am not the monster they say I am, and yet, there it is.

Abject hatred.  And hideous lies.

I'm rethinking a lot of things about this forum right now.

@flowers confession of hatred has thrown me for a loop.  I need to reconsider staying around.....

For the record:  @AbaraXas @Bigun  @Lando Lincoln @skeeter
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:09:42 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I need to reconsider staying around.....

Don't go @musiclady!  You bring a lot of valuable insight to this forum.

All of this nonsense will settle down eventually.

Offline flowers

Actually, I really am glad to know how deep the hatred and anger is just because I don't support Trump.

These people were my "friends" before this.  I haven't changed a single bit.  I am not the monster they say I am, and yet, there it is.

@flowers confession of hatred has thrown me for a loop.  I need to reconsider staying around.....

For the record:  @AbaraXas @Bigun  @Lando Lincoln

Knock it off I don't hate you.  You really lose it at times. Unreal.

Offline unknown

No, I'm not. Look at the posting history that lie about @musiclady is what started this whole thing.

Either offer some proof of your assertion or pipe down, dude.

Can you point me to the assertion that I made? You may have me confused with someone else.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline musiclady

Knock it off I don't hate you.  You really lose it at times. Unreal.

What you approved of yesterday was abject hatred.

I haven't lost it.

I think I've found it, actually, by finding out who you really are.

I can truly say I haven't been as disappointed by anyone on this forum than I am in you this day.  There is no fixing this.  You have said things that aren't going to go away when the election is over.  Perhaps you want to reconsider what you have condoned....

Lies.

Offline musiclady

Don't go @musiclady!  You bring a lot of valuable insight to this forum.

All of this nonsense will settle down eventually.

I know it will.  But when someone assaults you for your faith and your non-negotiable standards, and says vile things about you, do you stick around and take it?

Or do you move along??

It's just a question I've got to ask right now.

Offline flowers

I know it will.  But when someone assaults you for your faith and your non-negotiable standards, and says vile things about you, do you stick around and take it?

Or do you move along??

It's just a question I've got to ask right now.
I never insulted your faith. I don't hate you. I like Trump. That is OK though musiclady. I forgive you. I won't have any hard feelings  for ya either.

Offline musiclady

I never insulted your faith. I don't hate you. I like Trump. That is OK though musiclady. I forgive you. I won't have any hard feelings  for ya either.

The vile post you enjoyed and said was "truth" DID insult my faith, my values, my appearance, my person, my character.... EVERYTHING that matters to me was brutally assaulted in that post that you approved of.

And you came on this thread to make the point that you loved that personal assault against me.   You came here deliberately to say it was "true."  And none of it was.

Actually, the initial post was easier to take than your cheering it on, because the person who posted it is genuinely mean to most people.

You never have been.

Until now.

Offline sinkspur

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/10/man-scales-trump-tower-with-suction-cups.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Man Scales Trump Tower with Suction Cups

Andrew Kirell ‏@AndrewKirell  18m18 minutes ago
If Trump can’t keep people from climbing his tower, how’s he gonna keep them from climbing his wall?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

The vile post you enjoyed and said was "truth" DID insult my faith, my values, my appearance, my person, my character.... EVERYTHING that matters to me was brutally assaulted in that post that you approved of.

And you came on this thread to make the point that you loved that personal assault against me.   You came here deliberately to say it was "true."  And none of it was.

Actually, the initial post was easier to take than your cheering it on, because the person who posted it is genuinely mean to most people.

You never have been.

Until now.

No you have told me this many times before. It is what you do. I am mean now since Trump. I have changed so much since Trump. You bring up your faith. Your values.  Then you threaten to leave site. It is what you do. I am not spewing hate. Just the truth ML.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/10/man-scales-trump-tower-with-suction-cups.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

If Trump can’t keep people from climbing his tower, how’s he gonna keep them from climbing his wall?

:happyhappy:

Offline Vulcan

Isn't it funny that Trump is much farther to the left than Kasich, Jebbie OR McCain, and that you're here with your pom poms trying to get principled Conservatives to vote for him?

I wouldn't doubt if lifelong liberal Donny Trump has sold most of his pom poms to his liberal cheerleaders at TOS.   I'm sure the harpies have theirs.

Get yours here!

Offline flowers

OK that is funny!   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

:hands: I couldn't have said it better, musiclady. I have been begging, pleading, warning, cajoling, bargaining -- everything I could possibly do to keep Republicans from making Trump the nominee. I got the left hand of fellowship more often than I care to remember. I was called names. I was a "secret Hillary supporter." I was a "religious nut." I was even accused of being a RINO/GOPe! That was the lowest cut of all! But no amount of reasoning could snap these people out of their cultish trance, and the Trump campaign just kept gathering steam.

I have spent this past year in a state of incredulity. When Trump first announced, I wondered, "In what universe is Donald Trump a Republican?" Then as swooning followers began to gather in venues throughout the country, again I asked, "In what universe would conservatives throw their support behind crony-capitalist-member-of-whatever-party-benefits-him-at-the-time Donald Trump?" Then high-visibility Christian "leaders" (whom I no longer trust nor respect) started singing his praises, despite his boorish behavior, unceasing ad hominem insults and the fact that he was unacquainted with the concept of asking God for forgiveness, all while waving his Bible and claiming it's the only book that's better than his book, The Art of the Deal. See what he did there? He used the Word of God as a prop in order to tout his own book. And the Trumpsters cheered wildly.

This alternate universe I was finding myself in seemed to know no bounds. My favorite (ahem) "conservative" website had gone bat poop crazy. I saw the most horrible dissing of legitimately conservative public figures. Horrible. Like stuff you see in the comment section on YouTube. For anyone old enough to remember The Blob, you remember how the creature grew with each new victim it devoured. That's how this whole Trump phenomenon looked -- like The Blob 2.0. The nastier Trump got, the louder they cheered.

It was particularly odd to me why they weren't bothered by the fact that he doesn't have much of a grasp on actual world affairs. Also, why weren't they bothered by his obvious disregard for true constitutional governance? And why were they so willing to vilify shred candidates who fought to return us to our Constitutional Republic? After all, these were candidates they highly regarded a couple of years ago for standing up to the GOPe. It became clear that they wanted their itching ears tickled, and the Orange Wonder was happy to oblige. (Do any of them ever feel embarrassed that he so frequently flip-flops? Do they ever ask themselves if they should trust him to be true to his campaign pledges if he's so given to flipping and flopping? Why doesn't it make them mad? They are plenty PO'd when a Leftist flip-flops. Because of their tolerance for Trump's incessant flip-flopping, they lose all rights to criticize Leftists for doing so.)

I don't know where we'll be as a nation in 10 years. We're in a mell of a hess right now with no good options. I'll be casting votes this November, but I'm not voting for the top of the ticket. I won't participate in the destruction of the nation I love so much. My prayer is that God will step in and deliver us from our utter stupidity, not because we deserve it, but because He loves us. Even so, I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

So, as you have said, musiclady, I will not take the blame for what happens in this election. I did all I could to prevent it. I was unsuccessful. Unless I hear the audible voice of God telling me otherwise, I'm now going to sit back and watch how things play out. Please pass the popcorn.

< /end of rant >

@musiclady
@Liberty Tree Dr

Magnificent rant and 10th post on TBR!!  THANK you, and WELCOME.

Your post is an unspeakably important message for me to read right now.

Thank you for your immense encouragement!

And God bless you!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Can you point me to the assertion that I made? You may have me confused with someone else.
You claimed you 'outed' ML. Maybe, I misunderstood what you meant. Anyhow, you haven't been half as bad as @weeds here.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Drewsmum

Lol! :amen:

Offline unknown

You claimed you 'outed' ML. Maybe, I misunderstood what you meant. Anyhow, you haven't been half as bad as @weeds here.

Thanks for the honesty. I think you did misunderstand me, I was referring to the capability of voting for a RINO. That is the outing I was referring to, and I was specific about it - I never said Hillary. (Although now as I type this, I do find it interesting that you make the connection to RINOs and Hillary as possibly equals in this context.)

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Lol! :amen:

The one I thought was funny is that Donald Trump is watching the Olympics to see how high Mexicans can pole vault.

Offline musiclady

For the record:  @AbaraXas @Bigun  @Lando Lincoln @skeeter

It didn't take long to rethink whether or not to stay here at TBR.

There are hundreds of amazing people here.... thoughtful, intelligent, kind, patriotic, level-headed......... and we have added so many more of late who had to flee the ugliness of TOS, but have already contributed great things here.

There are so many who share the same moral ideals that I do, and who are applying their Christian faith to this vote, who are not backing off their principles just because they have been attacked for them.

@flowers and her ugly cohort might be upset that I'm hanging around, but two nasties and a gnat-like child aren't about to run me off the best forum I've ever participated on.

So too bad for my handful of "enemies" ....... majority rules here for me, and the majority are great people.

I was knocked over for a bit today, but am upright now, and shall continue exactly what I've been doing here for years. 

Telling the TRUTH.

Offline musiclady

Oh........... and my apologies for taking up so much space with this personal stuff, even though it relates specifically to politics.

I'll be good now.  888high58888

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Isn't it funny that those who oppose him on this forum would be very happy to vote for leftists democrats such as Kasich, or Jebbie, or McCain?

It is quite funny to me how people like you continually assume things that are CLEARLY not in evidence!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Complete and TOTAL BS from one who cannot argue a single point about anything effectively and can only parrot what someone else has said!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien