Author Topic: Armed with junk science and old photos, critics question #HillarysHealth  (Read 19445 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Armed with junk science and old photos, critics question #HillarysHealth
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2016, 07:17:52 pm »
"The reporter he is referring to has a neuromuscular disease.
Is the spastic handwaving typical of Trump's gestures? Maybe he does, too."

The reporter actually has a disease which leaves his hand in a permanently clenched position.  He does NOT exhibit "spastic" hand-waving, nor does he shake, have tremors, or exhibit any kind of facial tic.  It's quite possible - maybe even likely - that Trump didn't even know of the reporter's disability until the press accused him of making fun of it.  I saw the video in which the reporter tried to walk-back his story about Muslims cheering 9/11;  IT DID NOT EVEN SHOW HIS HANDS, and he was not shaking in any way.  Trump's fluttering hand gestures are those typically used when you are describing someone who is hemming-and-hawing, dissembling.  Trump used exactly the same gestures when describing comments made by Ted Cruz.  He was NOT mocking a disabled person's affliction.

See, Trump was shaking, the reporter did not even shake per his handicap.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2016, 07:24:49 pm »

So you're saying it comes down to the meaning of 'is'?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2016, 07:27:00 pm »
My question would be "who cares if Trump mocked a retard reporter or not?"

Don't y'all believe in diversity and equality?

They have to take their lumps like the rest of journalists do.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »
I don't think we should ever make fun of the sickly, the aged and so on but this film still certainly makes one wonder. It's baffling just like that incident with the reporters.

What if a Bush '43 acted this way at the convention. Does one think the MSM would dismiss it?

If she is ill, indeed, I wish her full recovery.

Not to defend Hillary Clinton, FWIW I despise her, but neither that video nor the other you alluded to, show or look anything like someone having a seizure or as some have alleged Parkinson’s.  I had a close friend with Epilepsy and saw her have a several seizures over the years and my great niece’s father is struggling with Parkinson’s.

Hit her on the issues; hit her on the emails and the server, her mishandling of classified material, hit her on the Clinton Foundation and their ties to foreign governments and hit her on her record as a Senator and as SOS and on Benghazi and hit her hard.

But these amateur diagnoses, speculations from TV doctors who have never examined her, unsubstantiated rumors and photo shopped pictures* deflect from the real and very serious issues that need to be addressed and brought to the forefront and these deflections only serve to make conservatives look stupid (and maybe that’s the goal – a purposeful misinformation/misdirection campaign).

http://www.snopes.com/photograph-incontinent-hillary-clinton/
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2016, 07:33:31 pm »

Don't y'all believe in diversity and equality?

They have to take their lumps like the rest of journalists do.

Wow. Just wow.

**nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline musiclady

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2016, 07:44:32 pm »
Wow. Just wow.

**nononono*

The masks have been torn off, and the ugly underbelly of the Trump zealots is gradually being revealed.

There is no more decency among them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2016, 07:46:13 pm »
Not to defend Hillary Clinton, FWIW I despise her, but neither that video nor the other you alluded to, show or look anything like someone having a seizure or as some have alleged Parkinson’s.  I had a close friend with Epilepsy and saw her have a several seizures over the years and my great niece’s father is struggling with Parkinson’s.

Hit her on the issues; hit her on the emails and the server, her mishandling of classified material, hit her on the Clinton Foundation and their ties to foreign governments and hit her on her record as a Senator and as SOS and on Benghazi and hit her hard.

But these amateur diagnoses, speculations from TV doctors who have never examined her, unsubstantiated rumors and photo shopped pictures* deflect from the real and very serious issues that need to be addressed and brought to the forefront and these deflections only serve to make conservatives look stupid (and maybe that’s the goal – a purposeful misinformation/misdirection campaign).

http://www.snopes.com/photograph-incontinent-hillary-clinton/

Someone and not me resurrected this old thread.

Yes, if George Bush, Mitt Romney, etc. acted that way while at the Republican Convention, many people would wonder what is up.

I had read the Snopes article actually about last week.  Yes, we don't need "arm chair" diagnosis; but people will still wonder about that kind of behavior. It's human nature.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »

Disability symptoms shall not be mocked...even imaginary ones.  /pc

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2016, 09:24:04 pm »

So that made it OK. 

Trumpism corrupts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2016, 09:25:44 pm »

The defense of Trump on this one is breath-taking.

You are truly a pretzel, Longmire.

You must do a lot of mental yoga to distort reality in order to defend filth.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2016, 09:45:00 pm »
The masks have been torn off, and the ugly underbelly of the Trump zealots is gradually being revealed.

There is no more decency among them.

Why must you generalize and globalize every opinion you spew?  It makes what you say so damn repellent.

Just though you'd like to know.   :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »
Why must you generalize and globalize every opinion you spew?  It makes what you say so damn repellent.

Just though you'd like to know.   :shrug:
She is just framing it in a brand of rhetoric even trump supporters can understand

HaHaHa....You have the 'crab basket' mentality.

When I was 14 I held a commercial fishing license for Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab. We used a trot line, with baits spaced along it, supported by buoys and anchored on either end. The line was laid out, allowed to sit a spell, and then one end was pulled up over a board grooved for the task and you'd take the boat down the length of the line slowly, and catch the crabs that clung to the rising bait with a dip net.
They'd be dumped into a bushel basket, but we never put a lid on it, and didn't worry about crabs scuttling around the skiff, even though we were usually barefoot. Why? Because when one crab went to climb out of the basket, the others would grab it and pull it back in. 

You're in the basket for Trump, for the GOP, for whatever reason, and you aren't happy about it. Those who can think well enough to climb out of that basket, that intellectual prison of having to desperately vote for the worst candidate ever to run for a major party or see the other, equally bad candidate win, are the ones getting out, and you, who have committed yourself to staying in the basket are steamed at that prospect, so you are trying to pull others back in.

Well, little crab, if you think you are steamed now, just wait 'till you get to the pier.

You won't change our minds. You should know that by now. I'm not voting for the rectal sphincter you nominated. I'm not voting for the one the Democrats nominated. I refuse to support either one.
That won't change.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2016, 10:17:13 pm »

It's not about being pc.  It's about basic human decency.  A candidates health is a fair target as they have to be able to do the job.

Mocking a reporters disability because you can't counter his points is juvenile and the act of a despicable person.    Continuing to make fun of the person as you carry the degenerates water is no better.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2016, 10:17:46 pm »
She is just framing it in a brand of rhetoric even trump supporters can understand

HaHaHa....You have the 'crab basket' mentality.

When I was 14 I held a commercial fishing license for Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab. We used a trot line, with baits spaced along it, supported by buoys and anchored on either end. The line was laid out, allowed to sit a spell, and then one end was pulled up over a board grooved for the task and you'd take the boat down the length of the line slowly, and catch the crabs that clung to the rising bait with a dip net.
They'd be dumped into a bushel basket, but we never put a lid on it, and didn't worry about crabs scuttling around the skiff, even though we were usually barefoot. Why? Because when one crab went to climb out of the basket, the others would grab it and pull it back in. 

You're in the basket for Trump, for the GOP, for whatever reason, and you aren't happy about it. Those who can think well enough to climb out of that basket, that intellectual prison of having to desperately vote for the worst candidate ever to run for a major party or see the other, equally bad candidate win, are the ones getting out, and you, who have committed yourself to staying in the basket are steamed at that prospect, so you are trying to pull others back in.

Well, little crab, if you think you are steamed now, just wait 'till you get to the pier.

You won't change our minds. You should know that by now. I'm not voting for the rectal sphincter you nominated. I'm not voting for the one the Democrats nominated. I refuse to support either one.
That won't change.

Wow!  GREAT posting!   :patriot:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2016, 10:28:25 pm »
Wow!  GREAT posting!   :patriot:

@musiclady is always so eloquent.   Her words are like caviar.   My postings are like spoiled carp eggs in comparison.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2016, 10:33:15 pm »
@musiclady is always so eloquent.   Her words are like caviar.   My postings are like spoiled carp eggs in comparison.

***blushing***

I love your posts, @driftdiver!  Don't sell yourself short.  You are a GREAT addition to this forum!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »

Trump supporters should care; it's part of the reason he is sure to lose. 

Offline Longmire

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2016, 01:07:11 am »
It's not about being pc. 

Of course it is. Trump didn't mimic the reporter's disability, he didn't even know the guy was disabled.

You're just preconditioned to fall into the trap set by the progressive left.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2016, 01:08:28 am »
Of course it is. Trump didn't mimic the reporter's disability, he didn't even know the guy was disabled.

Sorry, that won't fly. It has already been posted Trump knows that particular reporter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2016, 01:16:10 am »
Sorry, that won't fly. It has already been posted Trump knows that particular reporter.

Trump had been interviewed by the guy more than once before.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2016, 01:26:57 am »

Lol...is that a rule?

Trump denies he knows the guy and the guy who writes for a newspaper doesn't cover politics, so where's the association?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2016, 01:36:56 am »
Lol...is that a rule?

Trump denies he knows the guy and the guy who writes for a newspaper doesn't cover politics, so where's the association?

Busted!

After being taken to task for his actions Trump said he did not even know Kovaleski, who responded to this claim in an interview with the Times.
'Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,' said Kovaleski.
'I’ve interviewed him in his office. I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335864/Donald-basis-Trump-s-claim-never-met-disabled-New-York-Times-reporter-contradicted-man-says-interacted-dozen-times.html#ixzz4I7CWzk6g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2016, 01:39:49 am »
Busted!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335864/Donald-basis-Trump-s-claim-never-met-disabled-New-York-Times-reporter-contradicted-man-says-interacted-dozen-times.html#ixzz4I7CWzk6g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks for posting that, sinkspur.  I was looking up that story, but you got it first.

Trump's claim that he never met the reporter was just one of a million lies he's told.
Only the gullible believe anything he says.

And those who defend his lies publicly.......... well, it speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2016, 01:45:06 am »
Thanks for posting that, sinkspur.  I was looking up that story, but you got it first.

Trump's claim that he never met the reporter was just one of a million lies he's told.
Only the gullible believe anything he says.

And those who defend his lies publicly.......... well, it speaks for itself, doesn't it?

@musiclady 

Oh but there's more!

There were witnesses when Kovaleski interviewed lying leftist Donald Trump.

But now a journalistic colleague who worked alongside Kovaleski during the period in question is sharing new details that appear to further undercut Trump’s claim. Kovaleski’s colleague tells me that he was present when Kovaleski and Trump met, that he sat near Kovaleski and overheard him interviewing Trump numerous times over the course of months, and that they were even on a first-name basis.

Another witness contradicts Donald Trump’s claims about disabled reporter

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2016, 01:46:04 am »

Bwahahahahahaaa.   Thanks for the laugh.   Do you write poetry as well as fiction?    If so Trump could use a new speechwriter.