Author Topic: Trump casts doubt on electoral system  (Read 9090 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Trump casts doubt on electoral system
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 06:34:50 pm »
Trump has adopted victimology like the left uses. I personally have no more use for sob stories of poor mistreated whites than I do for the poor mistreated blacks, hispanics, gays or whatever.

Fact is that we're all victims of the ever growing government that Trump the GOPe and the democrats are luring more to support.
Bingo. I was talking to Idaho_Cowgirl and she found some sob story on FB about some farmer who'd given his whole life yadda yadda yadda, and got livid when he saw some black woman get out of a Cadillac to buy her groceries on a food stamp card. He was whining about how the government didn't do anything to help him. She could tell something was wrong with the story. I pointed out that the guy ought to quit whining about what he doesn't get. Sounded like all he wanted was a hand out.

Better to stay hungry and be free than to live off the government dole and be under their thumb.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 06:52:45 pm »
When a liberal wails about gerrymandering, I agree and take it a step further, suggesting that gerrymandering for Senate seats should also be outlawed.

It's a rare occasion when a liberal has a correct response to that...lol.

Nice neat states like Colorado aren't all gerrymandered like Michigan. :silly:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 06:58:51 pm »
Bingo. I was talking to Idaho_Cowgirl and she found some sob story on FB about some farmer who'd given his whole life yadda yadda yadda, and got livid when he saw some black woman get out of a Cadillac to buy her groceries on a food stamp card. He was whining about how the government didn't do anything to help him. She could tell something was wrong with the story. I pointed out that the guy ought to quit whining about what he doesn't get. Sounded like all he wanted was a hand out.

Better to stay hungry and be free than to live off the government dole and be under their thumb.

Yup, life is full of injustices, if it wasn't it would be heaven.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »
I'm out standing in a field myself.

I have stood in many an oil field myself.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2016, 08:47:53 pm »
When a liberal wails about gerrymandering, I agree and take it a step further, suggesting that gerrymandering for Senate seats should also be outlawed.

It's a rare occasion when a liberal has a correct response to that...lol.

I am puzzled.  How does one gerrymander for Senate seats?  Are you talking about a state senate seat?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2016, 08:51:38 pm »

I was in a cow pasture. Not as glamorous. But you do learn the color code for which chips to fling and which ones to let lie.  Well that and if you mess with the bull you get the horns.

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2016, 10:43:08 pm »
Well that and if you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Like this? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyWUa5K1vKk

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2016, 11:33:11 pm »
Trump is just casting further doubt on his fitness for office.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2016, 01:05:54 am »

Been on many compressor decks in refineries and petrochemical plants.
That may explain why my bubble doesn't always go level nowadays. One I dreaded a lot was a Goodyear Chem plant near 610 an 225 in Houston. Seems like whenever I'd go there and say "where's so-and-so?", the answer was usually cancer. High rates in the surrounding neighborhood, also.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:06:39 am by GrouchoTex »

Wingnut

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2016, 01:22:55 am »
Been on many compressor decks in refineries and petrochemical plants.
That may explain why my bubble doesn't always go level nowadays. One I dreaded a lot was a Goodyear Chem plant near 610 an 225 in Houston. Seems like whenever I'd go there and say "where's so-and-so?", the answer was usually cancer. High rates in the surrounding neighborhood, also.

I rarely speak of my previous life, but some of my best memories were working 12 hour days 60 feet up on a coker unit at the old Mobil oil refinery in Chalmette La.  Well that and working the other 12 hours on the girl I met in a Tranny bar in Nola.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:24:39 am by Wingnut »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2016, 01:30:11 am »
I rarely speak of my previous life, but some of my best memories were working 12 hour days 60 feet up on a coker unit at the old Mobil oil refinery in Chalmette La.  Well that and working the other 12 hours on the girl I met in a Tranny bar in Nola.

I think the scariest time was during a tornado warning at Dow chemical plant in Freeport, TX.

Yes, one must be careful after a few hurricanes at Pat O'briens, then saying "Let's go find us some women on Bourbon street."

Ah, the good Ol' days.....I vaguely remember them well.....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:30:45 am by GrouchoTex »

Wingnut

« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2016, 01:34:24 am »

Yes, one must be careful after a few hurricanes at Pat O'briens, then saying "Let's go find us some women on Bourbon street."

Sometimes it was hard to tell what team the players were on without a program. 

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:35:03 am by Wingnut »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2016, 01:37:06 am »
Sometimes it was hard to tell what team the players were on without a program.
:amen:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2016, 02:14:03 am »

I do remember breakfast at Brennen's the next morning better...well at least until about the time we would get around to ordering..

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2016, 02:24:55 am »
I do remember breakfast at Brennen's the next morning better...well at least until about the time we would get around to ordering..

Hey,
@montanajoe
@Wingnut
"Where'd ya get those shoes?"

My Dad fell for that years ago, when I was about 10 years old.

You may wonder what a 10 year old was doing in the quarter with his dad.

Well, I was his wingman.

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2016, 12:55:41 pm »
Hey,
@montanajoe
@Wingnut
"Where'd ya get those shoes?"

My Dad fell for that years ago, when I was about 10 years old.

You may wonder what a 10 year old was doing in the quarter with his dad.

Well, I was his wingman.

I was my brother's wingman when he decided to pitch pennies against the wall with the young kids in the Quarter.  I'll never forget the look on their faces when he beat them, took their quarters, and moved on. When I asked him why he did that to kids that obviously couldn't afford much he replied 'to teach them a lesson'.

I spent 11 years working downtown, and suffering through all those Fat Tuesdays.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2016, 01:27:59 am »
I am puzzled.  How does one gerrymander for Senate seats?  Are you talking about a state senate seat?
Aren't about 85% of the Senators Gerrymanders or Gerrymianderers?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:28:30 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2016, 01:43:14 am »
Aren't about 85% of the Senators Gerrymanders or Gerrymianderers?

You are not using the term correctly.

To gerrymander is to change the voting area to improve a result in an election.  Once cannot change the voting area of an entire state for the US Senate  election, as the area is already defined as the state.

What exactly do you believe is its definition?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2016, 02:12:29 am »
At the risk of assuming it was not a lie, I recall when asked at one of the debates that Trump said he would hand over his company completely to the kids in order to run the country.
I know he may not have been telling the truth, but that is what he had said, which is directly opposite to your comments otherwise.
@IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, I heard him say he would have his children run the company.  That was before his company started losing money.  Also, one cannot believe anything he says.  Staying in politics will make that company go down and he will not let that happen, so it's not about letting the kids run the company - the fact he is in politics will make people stop using his company facilities - remember he insults everyone and insults groups of people and they will not keep using his company, so he has a reason for dropping out.

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2016, 02:22:51 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, I heard him say he would have his children run the company.  That was before his company started losing money. 

So his company never lost money until the past three to four months?  Does not sound believable/

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2016, 03:51:38 am »
Nice neat states like Colorado aren't all gerrymandered like Michigan. :silly:

I dunno...we need hexagonal tessellated states!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2016, 12:02:38 pm »
You are not using the term correctly.

To gerrymander is to change the voting area to improve a result in an election.  Once cannot change the voting area of an entire state for the US Senate  election, as the area is already defined as the state.

What exactly do you believe is its definition?

Humor son. Humor.  Play on the word Geriatric.  you know, OLD?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2016, 12:09:01 pm »

The idea of Gerrymandered senate seats is a joke as well. I don't remember who it was but a prominent liberal a few years ago complained about Gerrymandered senate seats.

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »

I see.  I had thought you were using the term for state senate boundaries or somehow like Clinton easily moving to another state to become its Senator.  Not moving state boundaries, but oneself.