Author Topic: Trump casts doubt on electoral system  (Read 9093 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Trump casts doubt on electoral system
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »

If they do, would be OK will killing fellow Americans??

They would.  If you listen to the rhetoric of the Trump campaign, it's "us versus them".  And the "us" is Trump and his supporters.  The "them" is foreigners and everyone that does not agree with "them".  When he talks about "making America Great Again", he's not talking about all Americans, just his supporters.

So I don't really think his supporters view anyone but themselves as American... or even as human beings, for that matter.

And that makes the abilty to kill very easy indeed. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:51:25 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 09:48:04 pm »
They would.  If you listen to the rhetoric of the Trump campaign, it's "us versus them".  And the "us" is Trump and his supporters.  The "them" is foreigners and everyone that does not agree with "them".  When he talks about "making Amewrica Great Again", he's not talking about all Americans, just his supporters.

So I don't really think his supporters view anyone but themselves as American... or even as human beings, for that matter.

Yup.  I had someone threaten to take my head off with piano wire on Twitter first thing this morning.

The alt reich are such sweethearts.

In "The Language of the Third Reich" Victor Klemperer explains how the nazis used language to manipulate the german population into supporting nazi goals and eventually accepting the extermination of the Jews.

The German people weren't particularly antisemitic. In fact Germany was far less antisemitic than most of Europe which is why there were so many Jews there. The nazis faced considerable PR problems in how to deal with the thousands of Jewish Iron Cross holders from WWI who were seen as respected heroes. Hitler went long periods without mentioning Jews by name. Instead he often substituted the word "Jews" with "Bankers".

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:02:41 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 09:49:47 pm »
They would.  If you listen to the rhetoric of the Trump campaign, it's "us versus them".  And the "us" is Trump and his supporters.  The "them" is foreigners and everyone that does not agree with "them".  When he talks about "making Amewrica Great Again", he's not talking about all Americans, just his supporters.

To hear him talk, I thought what he really wanted to do was...

Make America WASP Again!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »
Direct Democracy, A.K.A. Presidential elections by popular vote, which is what Trump is alluding to here, is the hallmark and cornerstone of Communism.

Without the Electoral College, every President would be elected by California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia and Michigan, so all campaigning and all pledges by candidates would be directed at the people of those States.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 12:26:57 am »
To hear him talk, I thought what he really wanted to do was...

Make America WASP Again!

:silly:

As a WASP, and a male one to boot, I am highly offended by your remark.

I shall now retreat to my safe space, where I will commence watching reruns of "Ozzie and Harriet " and "Leave it to Beaver".

Let's "Make America Grate again".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:29:21 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 01:00:57 am »

I shall now retreat to my safe space, where I will commence watching reruns of "Ozzie and Harriet " and "Leave it to Beaver".

^-^
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 01:04:28 am »

FYI...
Ward was a little hard on the Beaver in last nights episode.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 01:13:42 am »
FYI...
Ward was a little hard on the Beaver in last nights episode.

Yeah, another great line from @Wingnut.
Thanks, amigo!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2016, 02:05:36 am »
The orange New York liberal doesn't want to win.

If he's trying to support Hillary, why would he try to delegitimize a Hillary victory now?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2016, 03:00:17 am »
Trump has predicted at almost every rally this past week that the election could be "rigged" against him. He’s labeled the mounting polls showing him trailing Clinton as "phony" and warned that voter fraud could steal the election from him.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290596-trump-casts-doubt-on-electoral-system

So if I understand his antics, he is saying the constitution has rigged the system?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 03:01:31 am »
So if I understand his antics, he is saying the constitution has rigged the system?

Wouldn't that be tantamount to saying the Founders rigged the system?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2016, 03:06:37 am »
Wouldn't that be tantamount to saying the Founders rigged the system?
Ya think?  There's a reason they stacked the deck the way they did.  They knew popularism doesn't necessarily choose the best candidate.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2016, 03:08:47 am »
Ya think?  There's a reason they stacked the deck the way they did.  They knew popularism doesn't necessarily choose the best candidate.

Exactly.  It always fascinates me when people start complaining about the inefficiencies in our system; those inefficiencies - at least those that are above and beyond normal bureaucratic inefficiency - was intentionally designed into the system as friction to protect the minority from the demagogues of the popular majority.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2016, 03:10:24 am »
William Shakespeare...The Prophet!!!

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

HonestJohn

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 03:27:44 am »
Exactly.  It always fascinates me when people start complaining about the inefficiencies in our system; those inefficiencies - at least those that are above and beyond normal bureaucratic inefficiency - was intentionally designed into the system as friction to protect the minority from the demagogues of the popular majority.

And a significant plurality of the GOP primary voter despises that.  Instead opining for their own king to rule them.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 03:34:14 am »

FWIW, Trump supporters will say he received more Republican primary votes than anyone before him.
They fail to mention that the total primary votes against him were greater.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 03:44:56 am »
This just proves what we've known all along:  Trump cannot be seen as a loser.  I still think there's a real possibility that, if he's down 10 after the first debate, he walks away.  He will, of course, be branded a cowardly loser, but he'll concoct some story that, in his mind and in the mind of his goofy supporters, justifies his exit.
@sinkspur
If he walks away, here will be his reason for doing it:
I read on this forum or somewhere else in the last couple of days, his company is losing money hand over fist.  Attendance has dropped at his public, fancy, get away places.  Think about it - how many Democrats would keep going to his high dollar places?  They wouldn't be caught dead now at one of his properties.

He will leave the election saying he must save his company for his grandchildren, that he can't afford to run the country while his great company needs him.  Money/power is his life and he is not about to sacrifice his company for this country that is full of people who don't appreciate him.  They deserve for him to leave them in the lurch.  That will show them and he will remain the King of the Hill on top of his tower in New York City. /s
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:45:33 am by Victoria33 »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2016, 03:46:16 am »
FWIW, Trump supporters will say he received more Republican primary votes than anyone before him.
They fail to mention that the total primary votes against him were greater.
And the RNC let the field delute the anti vote so they could get their orange Rhino-in-chief.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2016, 03:50:23 am »
@sinkspur
If he walks away, here will be his reason for doing it:
I read on this forum or somewhere else in the last couple of days, his company is losing money hand over fist.  Attendance has dropped at his public, fancy, get away places.  Think about it - how many Democrats would keep going to his high dollar places?  They wouldn't be caught dead now at one of his properties.

He will leave the election saying he must save his company for his grandchildren, that he can't afford to run the country while his great company needs him.  Money/power is his life and he is not about to sacrifice his company for this country that is full of people who don't appreciate him.  They deserve for him to leave them in the lurch.  That will show them and he will remain the King of the Hill on top of his tower in New York City. /s
Trump can walk away, do whatever, but it won't save the GOP, as it is doomed with or without Trump! 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2016, 03:52:00 am »
And the RNC let the field delute the anti vote so they could get their orange Rhino-in-chief.

At the convention, the Trump folks cheered that lack of a roll call, thinking it stopped the anti-Trump vote. Little did they realize, it only strengthened the party apparatus, and that was a loss for them as well as those opposed to Trump, down the line.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 06:29:55 pm »
At the convention, the Trump folks cheered that lack of a roll call, thinking it stopped the anti-Trump vote. Little did they realize, it only strengthened the party apparatus, and that was a loss for them as well as those opposed to Trump, down the line.
These were the people that disliked the party machine in the first place and as you said turned around and gave them more strength the hang their hat on for the next cycle.  They will just make it another liberal loss to chalk up. The GOP and its strong armed brownshirts don't know anymore what conservatism is.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:30:50 pm by RetBobbyMI »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 09:13:47 pm »
I'm seriously beginning to think that the true leader of the #nevertrump movement is actually Trump himself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 09:15:57 pm »
Well then I guess HIllary will have to wipe out Trumpy the clown with a 10% margin of victory, and electoral landslide.

Which is exactly what she seems to be doing...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 09:24:44 pm »
The think they would but more likely they'd drop their weapons and surrender as soon as they realized that nobody was on their side.

Nah, @Cripplecreek I doubt they would surrender.  Why would they?  All they'd need do is draw you out of the basement and into the sunshine and then stand back and watch you melt.   :smokin:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2016, 09:25:27 pm »
Are any of you employed???   :pondering: