Author Topic: Trump casts doubt on electoral system  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump casts doubt on electoral system
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2016, 12:43:42 pm »
I see.  I had thought you were using the term for state senate boundaries or somehow like Clinton easily moving to another state to become its Senator.  Not moving state boundaries, but oneself.

Just good old fashioned carpet bagging there. Its apparently an honored tradition in the NE.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2016, 01:26:34 pm »
I am puzzled.  How does one gerrymander for Senate seats?  Are you talking about a state senate seat?

How lines are drawn for congressional districts in a state after a census, every ten years:
I know this because I had two friends on the state committee to draw the lines:
A certain number of people have to be in a district, not less and not more, as best can be done.  That is why the lines are redrawn after a census is taken every ten years.  These numbers apply to your county, too.  A certain number of people in each voting precinct in your county.  Lines change as more people or less people are in a voting precinct.

The same thing happens for every congressional district – a certain number of people in them and the lines change as the population changes based on the ten year census.
Years ago, in Harris County, which is the Houston area, blacks insisted they wanted a congressional district that would produce a black congressperson.  That was done and those district lines were gerrymandered, it looks like a puzzle piece, in order to make it mostly black.  Sheila Jackson Lee was elected as the House Representative and she has been reelected every time after that.  Gerrymandering doesn’t happen often as Republicans and Democrats in the state stay on top of those lines when they are being drawn. 

@austingirl, @Bigun, @catfish1957, @CatherineofAragon, @Cripplecreek,
@Cyber Liberty, @DB@don-o @EC, @ExFreeper, @goodwithagun,
@Gov Bean Counter, @Hoodat, @Just_Victor, @mlizzy, @mrpotatohead,
@mystery-ak, @NavyCanDo, @Unlimited, @sinkspur, @Smokin Joe,
@starstruck, @Timber Rattler, @Wingnut, @IsailedawayfromFR

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2016, 01:40:38 pm »
So his company never lost money until the past three to four months?  Does not sound believable/

I didn't say this is the only time his company ever lost money.  But records NOW show his properties have less people coming to them and that means less money for the company.  It makes sense Democrats would stop going and Republicans who can't stand him wouldn't go, either.

Wingnut

« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2016, 04:15:24 pm »
How lines are drawn for congressional districts in a state after a census, every ten years:
<,snip>  Sheila Jackson Lee was elected as the House Representative and she has been reelected every time after that.  Gerrymandering doesn’t happen often as Republicans and Democrats in the state stay on top of those lines when they are being drawn. 

Good lord that women is as dumb as a box of rocks.  I remember when this intellectual giant on space exploration once asked a NASA administrator if a Mars rover would be able to send back photos of the place where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted the American flag. Her stupid dial goes to eleven, and it is stuck there.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2016, 05:26:17 pm »
Good lord that women is as dumb as a box of rocks.  I remember when this intellectual giant on space exploration once asked a NASA administrator if a Mars rover would be able to send back photos of the place where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted the American flag. Her stupid dial goes to eleven, and it is stuck there.

Yes, it is THAT Sheila Jackson Lee - dumb as a rock and my apology to rocks.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »
Gerrymandering doesn’t happen often as Republicans and Democrats in the state stay on top of those lines when they are being drawn. 

@austingirl, @Bigun, @catfish1957, @CatherineofAragon, @Cripplecreek,
@Cyber Liberty, @DB@don-o @EC, @ExFreeper, @goodwithagun,
@Gov Bean Counter, @Hoodat, @Just_Victor, @mlizzy, @mrpotatohead,
@mystery-ak, @NavyCanDo, @Unlimited, @sinkspur, @Smokin Joe,
@starstruck, @Timber Rattler, @Wingnut, @IsailedawayfromFR

Gerrymandering may not happen often, but when it does, it can come up with some doozies.

https://pjmedia.com/zombie/2010/11/11/the-top-ten-most-gerrymandered-congressional-districts-in-the-united-states/

And Sheila JL is the Queen of idiots in the House, as she can verbally attest. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dVO-X-jG-U

The one I like is her statement that she arrived in this country as a shackled slave.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington