Author Topic: Who Will Be Blamed If Trump Implodes? - Ben Shapiro  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Who Will Be Blamed If Trump Implodes? - Ben Shapiro
« on: August 06, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »
Who Will Be Blamed If Trump Implodes?
BY: BEN SHAPIRO AUGUST 4, 2016
For The Daily Wire

Donald Trump’s poll numbers across the country are collapsing. A new Fox News poll puts him down 10 points to Hillary Clinton. He’s now trailing by 9 percent in Michigan. He’s down 15 percent in New Hampshire. He’s down 11 percent in Pennsylvania.

That means it’s time for Trump supporters to find someplace to cast blame: anywhere but on themselves and their candidate. Their first choice: the #NeverTrumpers who always said Trump would be a turd tornado of a candidate, and who maintained that support for Trump would poison the conservative brand for decades to come.

Thus, #NeverTrumpers are being blamed for doing damage to Republicans down-ballot if they note that they were right about Trump, and that Republicans ought to disassociate from his disastrous candidacy. Instead, they’re being told to shut up about Trump entirely and instead focus on Hillary Clinton, as though that will prevent the brand damage to come with Trump’s Hindenberg-esque explosion.

Here’s the problem: the only hope for a conservative future beyond Trump lies in untethering the lifeboats from the Titanic.

Now.

First off, there are Senate races in which Republican candidates are significantly outperforming Trump. Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire and Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania would be better off distancing from Trump than tying themselves to him.

Second, untethering is long overdue. How long could the Republican establishment stand by and grin awkwardly, like Mike Pence at a Trump press conference, as Trump spouted morally outrageous nonsense, without damaging Republicanism? How long could the Republican establishment pillory those who refused to jump on the Trump Train – a train whose engineer is an unstable, vitriolic and vile big government bully -- without splitting the conservative movement?

After this is all over, if Trump continues to implode like a star becoming a black hole, sucking down Republican Senators in his wake, Republicans should be grateful there will be conservatives able to answer the question, “Why did you support a nutjob stealth Democrat who slandered Gold Star families, Mexican judges, POWs, disabled and female reporters, and who went soft on Vladimir Putin, Planned Parenthood, and the KKK?” this way: “We didn’t.”

But then again, Republicans may do what they’ve always done before: shoot the messenger.

They could pretend that they were Stabbed In The Back™. They could lie that Trump was on the verge of victory, even after he gets shellacked, if it hadn’t been for those #NeverTrumpers snipping at his heels. They could lie that Trump was a change agent who simply couldn’t be tolerated by the elite, even though the elite (Reince Priebus and Co.) backed him to the hilt, only to be told by Trump that they hadn’t done enough. They could whine about Party Unity™ even after smirking as Trump refused to endorse the Speaker of the House and orchestrated the political assassination of his chief rival for the nomination, Ted Cruz. They could claim (in August!) that the election was Rigged™.

That would be a tragic end to a tragic episode.

But make no mistake: Trump losing will be Trump’s fault, and the fault of his ardent supporters. And two years from now, when Republicans wonder where they ought to turn to fight back against President Hillary Clinton, we can pray they don’t turn to the people who insisted on nominating a Hillary Clinton donor and supporting him through a pathetic run that handed her the White House and poisoned Republicanism for a whole new generation.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8088/who-will-be-blamed-if-trump-implodes-ben-shapiro#.V6Xl-pQVGzY.facebook
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

Re: Who Will Be Blamed If Trump Implodes? - Ben Shapiro
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 02:11:53 pm »
The only people who should be blamed are Trump and the members of his cult of personality, the trumpkins.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 02:14:53 pm »
So far the most bizarre claim I've seen is that the people responsible for Trump are the candidates who got out of the race too soon. :shrug:

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 02:17:25 pm »
So far the most bizarre claim I've seen is that the people responsible for Trump are the candidates who got out of the race too soon. :shrug:

:facepalm2:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »
Exactly.  They own it.

The last people who can be blamed are those of us who warned this would happen.

We all knew who Trump was going in and we all knew that Trump was an utter betrayal of all conservative principles.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 02:45:50 pm »
Not only are the Trump  ****sheep**** trashing conservatism in order to follow Trump, but they have entirely dumped the idea of personal responsibility. He is their sorry product.  If people don't convert by force or at least endless insults then they are to blame for the product's failure?  No. It's the sorry product that is to blame -- and the flimflam salesmen pushing him.

Huelskamp... funny how your tune changes.

Can you say intellectual dishonesty?

I knew that you could.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:11:56 pm »
The Trumpanzees will all be wearing new hats.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 06:17:23 pm »
The only people who should be blamed are Trump and the members of his cult of personality, the trumpkins.

I prefer to call them "Trump monkeys".

(Dancing to the organ grinder.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:18:35 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 06:19:14 pm »

Agreed.  They should be ashamed putting us in this position, and should be held responsible / accountable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 06:20:23 pm »
Huelskamp... funny how your tune changes.

Can you say intellectual dishonesty?

I knew that you could.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Pardon the pun.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 07:03:35 pm »
 The answer is so easy, the troompa loompas will lay the blame on Cruz for not swearing allegiance on bended knee to their Lord Trump.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:04:41 pm by GtHawk »

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 07:22:20 pm »
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Pardon the pun.

:laugh:

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »
The people most responsible for a Trump are the media that provided him cover and promoted him, and the people dumb enough to buy into Trump and the media's BS.

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »
FWIW, all the demeaning names of the Trump supporters isn't going to help anything. In the end we want them to open their eyes and see what a mistake it was to support someone so inexperienced, divisive, and of such low character. Insulting them now, and I'm sure after the election telling them "I told you so", will only make it that much harder to regain some type of unity.

IMHO, what's crippling Trump is his lack of support among Pubs. The last I heard he only has support of 68% of Pubs. Obviously it's his fault. He's the one who personally attacked and denigrated his opponents and their families to the point that no matter how much we hate the Rats, and hillary in particular, we can't vote for such a low life as Trump. I don't believe anything will change this prior to the election and as a result hillary will win.

Just as Trump supporters are now going to learn that they can't win without conservatives we can't win without them. At some point we will need to make peace and start trying to figure out how to undo the damage of obama & hillary.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 08:11:12 pm »
FWIW, all the demeaning names of the Trump supporters isn't going to help anything. In the end we want them to open their eyes and see what a mistake it was to support someone so inexperienced, divisive, and of such low character. Insulting them now, and I'm sure after the election telling them "I told you so", will only make it that much harder to regain some type of unity.

IMHO, what's crippling Trump is his lack of support among Pubs. The last I heard he only has support of 68% of Pubs. Obviously it's his fault. He's the one who personally attacked and denigrated his opponents and their families to the point that no matter how much we hate the Rats, and hillary in particular, we can't vote for such a low life as Trump. I don't believe anything will change this prior to the election and as a result hillary will win.

Just as Trump supporters are now going to learn that they can't win without conservatives we can't win without them. At some point we will need to make peace and start trying to figure out how to undo the damage of obama & hillary.

Screw them. They have already handed the White House to Clinton.

They can take their unity and shove it.

I will never EVER vote for their pathetic orange God King.

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 08:25:10 pm »
Screw them. They have already handed the White House to Clinton.

They can take their unity and shove it.

I will never EVER vote for their pathetic orange God King.

Anger clouds the mind and makes a person an easy victim of the calm thinking person.

If you read my post you will find I'm talking about after the election. I think defeat has already been assured by Trump. It's after this devastating lose that I'm looking at. We Conservatives don't have enough supporters by ourselves. The populist/nationalists don't have enough supporters by themselves. At some point we will need each other if we are going to do anything to clean up the mess of the obama/hillary era.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home