Author Topic: Gary Johnson on terrorism: 'Look, this stuff is gonna happen'  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gary Johnson on terrorism: 'Look, this stuff is gonna happen'
« on: August 04, 2016, 03:09:58 pm »
Gary Johnson on terrorism: 'Look, this stuff is gonna happen'
The Washington Times, Aug 3, 2016, Anna Giaritelli

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson provided little detail in a town hall Wednesday night on how he plans to defeat terrorism.

CNN host Anderson Cooper asked the former New Mexico governor in light of a knife attack against six people in London Wednesday, how Johnson would prevent attacks in the U.S.

"Maybe we're the kind of candidates that are gonna say, 'look, this stuff is gonna happen,'" Johnson said. "Yes, a president of the United States — we need to be vigilant to potentially prevent these things from happening, but these things are gonna happen."

Former Mass. Gov. Bill Weld, Johnson's running mate, jumped in, telling Cooper he would identify strategies the government has used to fight the Islamic State and al Qaeda that have not worked and implement new ones in their place.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gary-johnson-on-terrorism-look-this-stuff-is-gonna-happen/article/2598580

Offline sinkspur

Re: Gary Johnson on terrorism: 'Look, this stuff is gonna happen'
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 03:21:48 pm »
Any votes for Johnson and Stein (an MD who opposes the use of vaccines) are simply protest votes against Trump and Hillary.

Their numbers will shrink to irrelevance by November, as third parties always do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 05:50:10 am »
Sam Lowry's mother: Really, Sam! Can't you do something about these terrorists?
Sam Lowry: it's my lunch hour. Besides, it's not my department.

- from Terry Gilliam's Brazil

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 05:54:39 am »
I guess if Trump has the "Make America Great Again" hats, Johnson will be using these....

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 09:44:15 am »
I have decided -- write in or vote third party.  My vote probably won't count and whoever I vote for has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.  But I will not be an active party to the destruction of America when either Trump or Hillary is elected.  We are all going to suffer, no matter who wins.   But while others around me have buyer's remorse, my conscience will be clear.  I didn't vote for either candidate. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 11:19:03 am »
This guy is such an idiot, it's hard not to believe he's a plant (and I don't necessarily mean of the potted variety).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 12:25:38 pm »
I think the Libertarian party screwed up more than the GOP
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 12:31:16 pm »
I have decided -- write in or vote third party.  My vote probably won't count and whoever I vote for has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.  But I will not be an active party to the destruction of America when either Trump or Hillary is elected.  We are all going to suffer, no matter who wins.   But while others around me have buyer's remorse, my conscience will be clear.  I didn't vote for either candidate.

I'm with you on this.  There is a slim possibility that if enough voters do the same, Trump and Hillary could both be denied the majority.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 12:41:46 pm »

To be honest, I'm not voting for President.. I'm voting down ticket.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”