Author Topic: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out  (Read 26579 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2016, 02:23:54 am »
If Trump drops out, which I think is highly unlikely, Pence would be the logical candidate.

I don't like him... he's a sellout, but I think Pence could win even if he got in by September.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2016, 02:29:34 am »
And yet they despise Rush on Free Republic because he is not totally worshipful of Trump.  But... lately he's getting there.  I could be okay if he was strictly on the Better than Hillary meme, but now he's defending the indefensible.

He mentioned considering retiring a few days ago.  I'm sure his ratings have fallen. But then he signed a new contract so....

He should have retired when he was on top............ and suckers like me thought what he meant what he said about being a conservative....   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2016, 02:46:34 am »
If Trump drops out, which I think is highly unlikely, Pence would be the logical candidate.

I don't like him... he's a sellout, but I think Pence could win even if he got in by September.

Elect Trump/Pence along with as many Conservative Congress Critters as  their coattails will allow.  Trump being Trump, Congress should have excellent reason to impeach the SOB leting Vice-President Pence to take the oath and get to work.

Sure beats the alternative...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2016, 02:50:53 am »
He mentioned considering retiring a few days ago.  I'm sure his ratings have fallen. But then he signed a new contract so....

Rush should retire.  I used to listen to him all the time 15- 20 years ago (how long has it been)?    He's done a lot for conservatism,  he can explain things in a way that resonates with both wonks and barflys.  I'm sure the job is physically demanding; he's suffered deafness and addiction for it.   

What's point in selling your soul Rush?   Retire and do one last Great Thing.   Tell the truth about Trump,  and demand he step aside for Pence.   Do it while it can still make a difference, before the whole damn enchilada is handed over to the Dems.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2016, 05:44:03 am »
Rush should retire.  I used to listen to him all the time 15- 20 years ago (how long has it been)?    He's done a lot for conservatism,  he can explain things in a way that resonates with both wonks and barflys.  I'm sure the job is physically demanding; he's suffered deafness and addiction for it.   

What's point in selling your soul Rush?   Retire and do one last Great Thing.   Tell the truth about Trump,  and demand he step aside for Pence.   Do it while it can still make a difference, before the whole damn enchilada is handed over to the Dems.   

To your point, I agree.  Limbaugh is past his sell-by date.

To his addiction:  He has had back and spinal issues in the past.  Those can be painful - as a genetically-overweight late-middle-age man I can testify.  He was treated with pain medicine that had the potential to be very, very addictive.

About the same time his hearing went.  An odd variety of auto-immune deficiency, was the final verdict...but nobody knew then.  Deafness is a problem with broadcasters, since they have different channels, to the engineer, to phone patches, or other circuits, in different earpieces.  If you've ever had to listen to ONE earphone, you know it doesn't seem loud enough, ever - you crank up the volume, and over time that does permanent damage.

At first they tried hearing aids.  So the problem got worse - and it wasn't something that a hearing aid could treat.  It wasn't the eardrum but the very nerves which were being destroyed.

And next they tried a wide variety of drug cocktails.  This WHILE Limbaugh had back issues.  Bottom line is, a witch's brew of addiction got in there.

It can happen.  Nobody rides Christ Matthews for being a dried-out drunk, do they?  Or Gov. Ma Richards, who was a practicing alcoholic.

Limbaugh got through it.  Good on him.  Bad it went that way.

But the way he did, and the way success has led him to live...a very, very rarified life...has left him out of touch. 

And his no longer being with the radio-station bowling league, and whatever other normal contacts he had, eventually affected both his humor and his outlook.  In the vernacular of the day, he's lost touch.

This is WHY persons shouldn't hold power positions for long periods.  Doesn't matter if it's a Congressman, a radio star, President of American Widget.  You lose your unique insight and you become, not the problem-solver and change agent, but the problem yourself.

Time for Limbaugh to go.  He can help best by bringing in some fresh blood...help them get started; use his structure and business connections to get them going.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2016, 05:54:22 am »

To his addiction:  He has had back and spinal issues in the past.  Those can be painful - as a genetically-overweight late-middle-age man I can testify.  He was treated with pain medicine that had the potential to be very, very addictive.

About the same time his hearing went.  An odd variety of auto-immune deficiency, was the final verdict...but nobody knew then.  Deafness is a problem with broadcasters, since they have different channels, to the engineer, to phone patches, or other circuits, in different earpieces.  If you've ever had to listen to ONE earphone, you know it doesn't seem loud enough, ever - you crank up the volume, and over time that does permanent damage.

At first they tried hearing aids.  So the problem got worse - and it wasn't something that a hearing aid could treat.  It wasn't the eardrum but the very nerves which were being destroyed.

And next they tried a wide variety of drug cocktails.  This WHILE Limbaugh had back issues.  Bottom line is, a witch's brew of addiction got in there.

It can happen.  Nobody rides Christ Matthews for being a dried-out drunk, do they?  Or Gov. Ma Richards, who was a practicing alcoholic.

But the way he did, and the way success has led him to live...a very, very rarified life...has left him out of touch. 

And his no longer being with the radio-station bowling league, and whatever other normal contacts he had, eventually affected both his humor and his outlook.  In the vernacular of the day, he's lost touch.

This is WHY persons shouldn't hold power positions for long periods.  Doesn't matter if it's a Congressman, a radio star, President of American Widget.  You lose your unique insight and you become, not the problem-solver and change agent, but the problem yourself.

Time for Limbaugh to go.  He can help best by bringing in some fresh blood...help them get started; use his structure and business connections to get them going.

Damn. Good post.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Stosh

« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2016, 06:36:03 am »
Really fun thread, many good points made for any and all scenarios...the basic problem for the GOP is the candidates being put forth for POTUS, are being selected by Demonkrat voters.

So long as there are "open" primaries, particularly when they are the early primaries, the liberals have too much influence in picking the survivors for later primaries. 
If New Hampshire wants an open primary, let them go last, not first.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2016, 06:44:36 am »
I'm in favor of getting rid of primaries altogether and going the caucus route.  This way, the decision is put into the hands of people who are politically knowledgeable on the issue and who are willing to listen to the arguments of others supporting their candidates while offering their own.  It will produce a much better quality candidate than putting the decision in the hands of people whose only political involvement every four years is to silently put in 5 minutes of time while trying to maneuver through the ballot.

It also keeps the Democrats out, because Democrat demons can't endure 15 minutes at a Republican caucus, much less an hour or two.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2016, 06:51:27 am »
I'm in favor of getting rid of primaries altogether and going the caucus route.  This way, the decision is put into the hands of people who are politically knowledgeable on the issue and who are willing to listen to the arguments of others supporting their candidates while offering their own.  It will produce a much better quality candidate than putting the decision in the hands of people whose only political involvement every four years is to silently put in 5 minutes of time while trying to maneuver through the ballot.

It also keeps the Democrats out, because Democrat demons can't endure 15 minutes at a Republican caucus, much less an hour or two.
According ot the local GOP head, the Party changed the caucus rules last year. North Dakota got screwed on the POTUS primary circuit. No caucus, no vote.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:21 am »

Nope.  You get bused-in operatives; fanatics; others with agendas, who're able to jigger the system.

What you wind up with is pretty-much what we have now - except that this time it's a fluke; with a caucus system it would be the norm.

In any event, it's up to the parties how they choose to do this.  LAST thing you want is government demanding that parties function in certain ways...it would be one more step towards the government controlling the parties, and thus the elections.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2016, 08:21:16 am »
And yet they despise Rush on Free Republic because he is not totally worshipful of Trump.  But... lately he's getting there.  I could be okay if he was strictly on the Better than Hillary meme, but now he's defending the indefensible.

I just got an email from Rush 24/7 begging me t c!e back and renew my membership.

Not gonna happen.

That money will be spent on Levin TV when I get back to the States.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:21:39 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2016, 08:24:29 am »

Spot on. And as someone who has been on the radio for the better part of 25 years I can attest to the hearing issues as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2016, 11:26:19 am »
I have to disagree with people who think Trump got in this to promote and elect Hillary.

That's a theory way out of Trump's wheelhouse.  He would not have gone to this much trouble for Hillary ... he only praised her when he thought she might be useful to him.

He has an extremely narrow view of things ... to credit him with that much of a conspiracy theory is just nuts.

It's not "nuts" when juxtaposed with that phone call between Trump and Bill Clinton mere days before he announced his run.  To suspect Trump was offered something lucrative by his friends the Clintons in exchange for being their stalking horse is not out of line at all. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2016, 12:10:59 pm »
I have to disagree with people who think Trump got in this to promote and elect Hillary.

That's a theory way out of Trump's wheelhouse.  He would not have gone to this much trouble for Hillary ... he only praised her when he thought she might be useful to him.

He has an extremely narrow view of things ... to credit him with that much of a conspiracy theory is just nuts.

Are you kidding? You can't seriously think that the lure of "being the guy that threw the election that got Hillary Clinton into the WH" feeds his insatiable ego,you just haven't been paying attention. It would mean that HE ALONE would PERSONALLY  be responsible for putting the first woman president into the WH.

Then there will be the the cash deposits in offshore accounts as well as special legislation and/or reading of regulations that will favor his bankruptcy business,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2016, 12:19:24 pm »
He won the nomination!

What the Hell was the RNC supposed to do

Well,I know this is a pretty radical suggestions,but they MIGHT have tried running an actual Republican? You know,someone who believes America is supposed to be a Republic instead of a social democracy?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2016, 12:21:09 pm »

Instead, the convention rubber-stamped a candidate who is manifestly unfit, and who may actually have sanity issues.  And THAT makes the entire party look like crap.

Saying Orange Julius MAY have sanity issues is a lot like saying the Clinton's MAY be dishonest. The fool is batshit crazy.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »
Are you kidding? You can't seriously think that the lure of "being the guy that threw the election that got Hillary Clinton into the WH" feeds his insatiable ego,you just haven't been paying attention. It would mean that HE ALONE would PERSONALLY  be responsible for putting the first woman president into the WH.

Then there will be the the cash deposits in offshore accounts as well as special legislation and/or reading of regulations that will favor his bankruptcy business,etc,etc,etc.

Exactly.  Increasing his wealth is first and foremost and additionally he is relishing in all of the attention from his supporters and the MSM. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2016, 02:36:19 pm »
He won the nomination!

What the Hell was the RNC supposed to do

Not game the nomination.

They didn't give a rat's royal rearend about the party-base's choice.  They wanted either one of their own in, or someone who they could control.

And if he was a loser, that was fine.  That's their comfort zone.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »
Not game the nomination.

They didn't give a rat's royal rearend about the party-base's choice.  They wanted either one of their own in, or someone who they could control.

And if he was a loser, that was fine.  That's their comfort zone.

Because that base's choice couldn't muster enough votes to beat Trump.

I'm the world's biggest #NeverTrump guy, but I have to acknowledge that he out and out won the nomination.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline r9etb

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »

I'm the world's biggest #NeverTrump guy, but I have to acknowledge that he out and out won the nomination.

And he's incompetent or worse.  What's a party to do.....?  Go along with him regardless, because he's The Leader? 

I seem to recall you have Cuban connections.  Doesn't that sound to you rather like Castro's government?

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2016, 03:30:51 pm »

Yah, I know what you are.

You look at the wreckage the Bushies made of the Reagan Mandate; and of the wreckage made of the unity after September 11...opportunities wasted, both times...muddled, mush-moderate RINO blandwich...and you want MORE.

I have no idea why.  I can guess, but that gets into the gaudy trespass of Personal Attacks.

You want more; but based on polls and primary results, less than two percent of Republican voters agree with you.

Are you a Republican?  Or just an Ethnic-Identity voter?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2016, 06:10:19 pm »
Stop the personal attacks!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2016, 06:11:10 pm »
JustPassinThru...

Yah, I know what you are.

Fellas, you're both relatively on the same damn side.

You're simply talking past one another. 

You have enough enemies without making one who would agree with you just another one.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:46 pm »
Really fun thread, many good points made for any and all scenarios...the basic problem for the GOP is the candidates being put forth for POTUS, are being selected by Demonkrat voters.

So long as there are "open" primaries, particularly when they are the early primaries, the liberals have too much influence in picking the survivors for later primaries. 
If New Hampshire wants an open primary, let them go last, not first.

And what did the Trump supporters vote down at the start of the convention?

A change in the primary structure giving states that held closed primaries more delegates. The "conservative" Trump supporters just did as they were told and supported the "moderate" left leaning careerists in the GOP.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2016, 06:19:05 pm »
Stop the personal attacks!

Are you talking to me, or to the a$$hats that attacked me first?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx