Author Topic: Meg Whitman, Calling Donald Trump a ‘Demagogue,’ Will Support Hillary Clinton for President  (Read 1032 times)

cuky

Meg Whitman, Calling Donald Trump a ‘Demagogue,’ Will Support Hillary Clinton for President

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/politics/meg-whitman-hillary-clinton.html

Using remarkably blunt language, she argued that the election of Mr. Trump, whom she called “a dishonest demagogue,” could lead the country “on a very dangerous journey.” She noted that democracies had seldom lasted longer than a few hundred years and warned that those who say that “it can’t happen here” are being naïve.

Ms. Whitman also said she “absolutely” stood by her comments at a private gathering of Republican donors this year comparing Mr. Trump to Hitler and Mussolini, explaining that dictators often come to office through democratic means.

“Time and again history has shown that when demagogues have gotten power or come close to getting power, it usually does not end well,” Ms. Whitman said. She asserted that Mr. Trump had already “undermined the character of the nation.

Ms. Whitman, who said she would remain a Republican, brings with her a considerable network of contributors, some of whom she said were open to giving to Mrs. Clinton. She said she was willing to campaign for Mrs. Clinton, said she would do her best to gather checks for her campaign and indicated she would personally give to both Mrs. Clinton and her affiliated “super PACs.” An aide to Ms. Whitman said she would personally give at least an amount in the “mid-six figures” to the Clinton effort.

Offline NavyCanDo

Shocking.   Not that she will not support Trump, and what she said about him, but that she will go so far as supporting Hillary.   The destruction of the Republican Party continues thanks to Trump who's plan this was all along.  What will rise out of the ashes of the 2016 Presidential race is anyone's guess, I pray what survives gives birth to legitimate conservatism. If it is not in the Republican Party, so be it. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Dirt for sale

Hillary has shattered the glass ceiling
And she has that achey-breakey feeling.
It's all for the little guy, the unheard, the unsung
For commie pigs the dinner bell is rung.
For Hillary, 95% of the women will vote
And, like Obama, Hill will have the Other by the scrote.
Almost all gun crimes are committed by men, she'll say
And it's time that we make them pay.
Men will call in sick,
Looking to escape
While the commander decrees that all hetero-sex is rape.
Tools must be registered
With the department of WMDs
And those who don't comply
Will have no government cheese.
And she's so brave and strong and resolute
That any who resist will feel proud to get the boot.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Why Hillary? Why not Gary Johnson? Why not a write-in?

I find myself asking "why?" pretty much every single day now.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Suppressed

She asserted that Mr. Trump had already “undermined the character of the nation.”

That's a point I've been trying to make for a while, but it's the first I've seen major figures state it so explicitly.  She's right; win or lose, America has already lost.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

Choosing one over the other seems impossible, neither come anywhere close to acceptable

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
That will be my route, a write-in or constitution party (I need to do more research on that). My reasoning, although I believe trump would be far worse for our country than any other candidate, I could not vote for someone so corrupt, someone who dishonors our servicemen, and someone who celebrates with the abortion factories so I will not vote for Hillary to stop trump.

Here you go!

http://www.constitutionparty.com/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline skeeter

That's a point I've been trying to make for a while, but it's the first I've seen major figures state it so explicitly.  She's right; win or lose, America has already lost.

She right on Trump, but then following up by vowing to support Hillary Clinton shows the lesson is lost on her.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:29:31 pm by skeeter »