Author Topic: Toxic Gas Dropped on Syrian Town Nearby Downed Russian Helicopter  (Read 428 times)

rangerrebew

Toxic Gas Dropped on Syrian Town Nearby Downed Russian Helicopter
Posted By Natalie Johnson On August 2, 2016 @ 11:32 am In National Security | No Comments

A helicopter dropped containers of toxic gas overnight on a Syrian town hours after a Russian chopper was shot down nearby, local rescuers said Tuesday.

A Syrian Civil Defense spokesman said the attack affected 33 civilians, primarily women and children, in the rebel-held city of Saraqeb in Idlib province, Reuters reported.

The group suspects that helicopters dropped chlorine and shards of metal on the neighborhood. It is unclear who is responsible.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/toxic-gas-dropped-syrian-town-nearby-downed-russian-helicopter/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Toxic Gas Dropped on Syrian Town Nearby Downed Russian Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:03 pm »
So what color line will Obama say they crossed this time?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:44:06 pm »
What did Trump say now to make them do this?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 06:09:05 pm »
Toxic Gas Dropped on Syrian Town Nearby Downed Russian Helicopter
Posted By Natalie Johnson On August 2, 2016 @ 11:32 am In National Security | No Comments

A helicopter dropped containers of toxic gas overnight on a Syrian town hours after a Russian chopper was shot down nearby, local rescuers said Tuesday.

A Syrian Civil Defense spokesman said the attack affected 33 civilians, primarily women and children, in the rebel-held city of Saraqeb in Idlib province, Reuters reported.

The group suspects that helicopters dropped chlorine and shards of metal on the neighborhood. It is unclear who is responsible.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/toxic-gas-dropped-syrian-town-nearby-downed-russian-helicopter/

Good. Did anyone here see those photos of the sharia types dragging the men behind a truck? Stomping on their dead bodies?  Sharia types just like when they killed those contractors in Iraq. Burning their bodies and after they were dead and hanging them from the bridge. These people are animals. Evil animals and this is how they should be treated.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 06:16:52 pm »
Good. Did anyone here see those photos of the sharia types dragging the men behind a truck? Stomping on their dead bodies?  Sharia types just like when they killed those contractors in Iraq. Burning their bodies and after they were dead and hanging them from the bridge. These people are animals. Evil animals and this is how they should be treated.

The women and children too?  The use of chemical warfare is a major escalation.  How would you like chlorine gas over one of our cities, watching infants and children drown painfully and slowly from the fluid in their lungs? The enemy can be taken out with no sympathy I agree. But the method is not justified here.
God is still in control

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 08:41:22 pm »
This act is not justified but these are Russians. They don't have a history of respecting innocents or laws.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 09:02:09 pm »
The women and children too?  The use of chemical warfare is a major escalation.  How would you like chlorine gas over one of our cities, watching infants and children drown painfully and slowly from the fluid in their lungs? The enemy can be taken out with no sympathy I agree. But the method is not justified here.

What method would you propose?

The idea that there will not be collateral damage (civilian deaths) in war is a relatively recent invention. WWII saw millions of civilians die. The Korean and Vietnam wars saw thousands die. It's terrible, but it is a part of war. It's one of the reasons we should avoid war if at all possible.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:17:59 pm »
What method would you propose?

The idea that there will not be collateral damage (civilian deaths) in war is a relatively recent invention. WWII saw millions of civilians die. The Korean and Vietnam wars saw thousands die. It's terrible, but it is a part of war. It's one of the reasons we should avoid war if at all possible.

While I realize there is collateral damage in war chemical weapons are a major escalation and universally reviled for a reason.  I don't know if this was a revenge attack on an innocent village or a legitimate strike.  But the chemical weapons are an ominous development
God is still in control

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
While I realize there is collateral damage in war chemical weapons are a major escalation and universally reviled for a reason.  I don't know if this was a revenge attack on an innocent village or a legitimate strike.  But the chemical weapons are an ominous development

FWIW, I think as the world has become "more civilized" in how we fight wars and what weapons we will use we've made it more acceptable to go to war.  When more advanced nations take the gloves off then everyone will think twice about starting a fight. I suspect the Syrians did this at the behest of the Russians. If the Syrians had the ability to cluster bomb the village would it have been less of a terrible thing? I'm sure you would agree it would still be as bad.

We've made low level wars too easy to accept as reasonable.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 12:08:18 am »
This act is not justified but these are Russians. They don't have a history of respecting innocents or laws.

Last time they reported a Russian helicopter shot down, it was a Russian-built Syrian helicopter on a test flight that hadn't been officially handed over.