Author Topic: If you reject Trump, will you elect Hillary? Bible says no - Alan Keyes  (Read 1251 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think it's best to post both views on some matters, not to be so entrenched on one-side as to ignore the other. That's free speech.  Reagan appointee, I always liked Keyes, he just did not get the traction he deserves.  A great witness to the pro-life cause; ran for the presidency under the American Independent Party I think. Very constitutional.

Maybe he gets too religious here but a good ending.

If you reject Trump, will you elect Hillary? Bible says no

Scripture tells Christians to represent God's truth

By Alan Keyes

In support of their decision to back "less evil" Donald Trump over "pure evil" Hillary Clinton, some Americans who profess to be Bible-believing Christians are alleging that anyone who doesn't support Trump will be responsible for electing Hillary, as well as for the evils that follow. No doubt, Sen. Cruz is getting an earful of this right now.

But how is this charge compatible with what God says to His prophet Ezekiel:

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the House of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give warning from me. If I say to the wicked, "You shall surely die," and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deed that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require at you hand. But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul. (Ezekiel 3:17-21)

Continued: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/keyes/160726

Why have Americans forgotten that this trust in Christ's promise of life is an endless resource of courage, against the odds, in the battle to preserve our God-endowed rights, including liberty?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Interesting article, thank you Tom!

Not sure I agree with it on first read through, but it's an interesting counterpoint, as you said.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Thanks for posting. It's a good read.

This paragraph stood out to me.
"Therefore, Bible-believing – but misguided – Christians who condemn those who refuse to imitate their own choice of evil and instead bear steadfast witness to God's truth, alleging these faithful believers are responsible for the fatal consequences that follow from choosing evil alternatives, are themselves seriously in error; they are speaking against the plain truth in God's Word and proclaiming as wrong what God says He will reward as right. They may nonetheless persist, seeking to browbeat those who adhere to God's standard with worldly taunts, deriding us as people who have wasted our votes."

Long story short, vote your conscience.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The best advice- vote your values and your conscience and let God work the rest out.

After all, if you give up your values, what do you really believe in? Just the game.

Offline TomSea

Just posting both sides of the issue if its out there by conservatives.

Offline TomSea

I was listening to Mark Levine, I think he played a quote where one of the Trump women, daughter, whomever, I don't keep track with it, urged people to vote their conscience early in the convention. Maybe one is referring to that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Disclaimer: Keyes has run third-party before. He's believed to be close to Tom Hoefling and America's Party; Hoefling is running again. Not sure if he has ballot access outside California.

If he were on the ballot here in NY, I would have seriously considered him this time around, believe it or not.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

Keyes may well harbor continuing hostility to the GOP;

If one remembers, he did not make the debate threshold in ? '08? I'm unsure.

Also, that RenewAmerica website was largely against Romney too.

Still, seems like a good resource. Freedom of Speech makes America.

Smart man, for some reason, never caught on.

Anti-Keyes types like to say he kicked his lesbian daughter out of the house, that's a whole different topic of discussion.  I think he denies this actually happened.

http://www.wnd.com/2005/02/28932/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Anti-Keyes types like to say he kicked his lesbian daughter out of the house, that's a whole different topic of discussion.  I think he denies this actually happened.

Regardless of sexual orientation, Keyes's daughter at the time decided to be rebellious and get into the left-wing social justice warrior movement and all of that.

But yes... that's pretty much what happened. Part of it was that Keyes ended up in the race a little too late to make a difference if I recall right, so he wasn't able to build a constituency. He ended up along with John Cox (who?) on the "just outside the bubble" for that race.

Then he joined the Constitution Party and they didn't like him.

I only say this to provide perspective about his point of view. Personally, I think he's right on this issue: we must always vote our conscience, wherever it may lead us, and if we can't justify our vote for a candidate, we shouldn't be voting.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Keyes is one of those people who are intellectually very smart, and you should take note when he speaks, but has some issues in the common sense and street smart category. I remember when he did a big anti-abortion protest by getting a bunch of Cabbage Patch Kids, pouring red paint on them, and pushing them around in strollers. Even the strongest pro-life people except his own fans, were embarrassed at that.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:59:27 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Wake me up when Alan Keyes decides to apologise for not telling the Illinois Republican Party
to stuff it and do the work to find a viable Illinois candidate after Jim Ryan collapsed in a sex
scandal, instead of carpetbagging his way into that race and letting Illinois send His Excellency
Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-
Been-Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, to the U.S. Senate
in the first place.

But no. Keyes had to declare along the line that it was God's will for him to go to Illinois. Meaning
it was God's will that His Excellency go to Washington? I didn't think God was that P.O.ed
at us.

On the other hand, look what He sat back and let enough of His foolish American children do
this time around . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.