Author Topic: OPEN THREAD FOR DEMOCRAT CONVENTION - Thursday, July 28  (Read 27336 times)

Offline WAC

Re: OPEN THREAD FOR DEMOCRAT CONVENTION - Thursday, July 28
« Reply #350 on: July 29, 2016, 03:41:59 am »
Vine is a Leftist haven. No wonder your a sTrumpette.

I have no clue who vine is....the video was on twitter.....you guys are just too  thick and quick to wornngfully judge and that's all there is to it...

geronl

« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2016, 03:42:26 am »
Something about Cruz's mom being a member of the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Street cred!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #352 on: July 29, 2016, 03:42:49 am »

Josh Jordan
‏@NumbersMuncher

How in the world did the Republicans nominate Donald Trump in an election that was completely winnable? I'll never understand it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:07 am »
Tal Kopan ‏@TalKopan 9s9 seconds ago
“So let's be stronger together, my fellow Americans … and when we do, America will be greater than ever.” - HRC

It was a fine speech for her audience- the Democrats loved it, and all the various minorities they had on all week will pull the minority votes into their camp.  This convention was about all people - the Trump convention was all about Trump.  Big difference.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #354 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:16 am »
Very bad production from day 1, ending with some kind of confused, drifting, speech with no point given by a rich, angry, old White woman, with health issues, who could actually wind up in jail before the election.

yeah sure, that should have them flocking to the polls. /s
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:51 am »
A TOTAL lie! That distinction belongs to Victoria Claflin Woodhull!

Who was nominated by an extremely minor political party and her VP choice was busy trying to get Grant elected.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2016, 03:44:42 am »
Good news everyone. Hannity is on FOX now to tell us how great Donny's small fingers smell when he kisses his ring.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2016, 03:44:42 am »
night all...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2016, 03:45:01 am »
Very bad production from day 1, ending with some kind of confused, drifting, speech with no point given by a rich, angry, old White woman, with health issues, who could actually wind up in jail before the election.

yeah sure, that should have them flocking to the polls. /s

Pretty much it.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2016, 03:45:23 am »
Josh Jordan
‏@NumbersMuncher

How in the world did the Republicans nominate Donald Trump in an election that was completely winnable? I'll never understand it.

Maybe someday, someone will spill the beans.... unless they're all found in the park....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:46:13 am by geronl »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #360 on: July 29, 2016, 03:45:24 am »
Josh Jordan
‏@NumbersMuncher

With a lot of help from the Dims...

Offline WAC

« Reply #361 on: July 29, 2016, 03:48:07 am »
Vine is a Leftist haven. No wonder your a sTrumpette.
As mentioned..I have no clue who they are...but I will add...if you guys are set at driving off this site those who support the Republican candidate for pres. then you are not far from accomplishing that goal with me. Your insults and snarky personal remarks are what I would expect from Hillary supporters....but not here ...unless this is an anti-trump site now. At some point that distinction needs to be clarified.....

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2016, 03:48:38 am »
Here come the taxes.  Doubt Trump would do this.

Income Tax Increase – $350 Billion:
 Clinton has proposed a $350 billion income tax hike in the form of a 28 percent cap on itemized deductions.

Business Tax Increase -- $275 Billion: Clinton has called for a tax hike of at least $275 billion through undefined business tax reform, as described in a Clinton campaign document.

“Fairness” Tax Increase -- $400 Billion: According to her published plan, Clinton has called for a tax increase of “between $400 and $500 billion” by “restoring basic fairness to our tax code.” These proposals include a “fair share surcharge,” the taxing of carried interest capital gains as ordinary income, and a hike in the Death Tax.

But there are even more Clinton tax hike proposals not included in the tally above. Her campaign has failed to release specific details for many of her proposals. The true Clinton net tax hike figure is likely much higher than $1 trillion.

For instance:

Capital Gains Tax Increase -- Clinton has proposed an increase in the capital gains tax to counter the “tyranny of today’s earnings report.” Her plan calls for a byzantine capital gains tax regime with six rates. Her campaign has not put a dollar amount on this tax increase.

Tax on Stock Trading -- Clinton has proposed a new tax on stock trading. Costs associated with this new tax will be borne by millions of American families that hold 401(k)s, IRAs and other savings accounts. The tax increase would only further burden markets by discouraging trading and investment. Again, no dollar figure for this tax hike has been released by the Clinton campaign.

“Exit Tax” – Rather than reduce the extremely high, uncompetitive corporate tax rate, Clinton has proposed a series of measures aimed at inversions including an “exit tax” on income earned overseas. The term “exit tax” is used by the campaign itself. Her campaign document describing this proposal says it will raise $80 billion in tax revenue, but claims some of the $80 billion will be plowed into tax relief. How much? The campaign doesn't say.

This proposal completely fails to address the underlying causes behind inversions: The U.S. 39% corporate tax rate (35% federal rate plus an average state rate of 4%) and our "worldwide" system of taxation, which imposes tax on all American earnings worldwide. The average corporate rate in the developed world is 25%. Thirty-one of thirty-four developed countries have cut their corporate tax rate since 2000. The U.S. has not. Hillary's plan moves in the wrong direction.

http://www.atr.org/full-list-hillary-s-planned-tax-hikes#ixzz4FlYWj2OO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2016, 03:49:41 am »
Who was nominated by an extremely minor political party and her VP choice was busy trying to get Grant elected.

So what! She is still the first woman to be nominated for president and Hillary isn't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2016, 03:52:03 am »
As mentioned..I have no clue who they are...but I will add...if you guys are set at driving off this site those who support the Republican candidate for pres. then you are not far from accomplishing that goal with me. Your insults and snarky personal remarks are what I would expect from Hillary supporters....but not here ...unless this is an anti-trump site now. At some point that distinction needs to be clarified.....

You Sir hath mistaken me for someone who doth give a shit.

HonestJohn

« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2016, 03:53:44 am »

Erick Erickson
‏@EWErickson
That Khan speech would have been a speech you’d see at a GOP convention in the Bush era, but not the Trump era.

Yep.

However in the Trump party... he and his dead son should be rounded up and deported post haste.  For they can *NEVER* be American.

Nor can be Hispanics.

But Putin and his intelligence apparatchniks are more "American" than you could ever be.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:32 am »

We are stronger together!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAC

« Reply #367 on: July 29, 2016, 03:58:03 am »

Fine...Bye!

geronl

« Reply #368 on: July 29, 2016, 04:00:04 am »
Here come the taxes.  Doubt Trump would do this.

Trump would definitely raise taxes. Like tariffs and taxing companies that do business overseas in Mexico. He would raise it more on some people than others, depending on how much butt kissing they do.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #369 on: July 29, 2016, 04:00:52 am »
I know I saw the answer to this somewhere but why do the Dims always seem to have the last convention?

Since 1988 the GOP convention bump is usually less than the Dims and I attribute that to the Dims always having the last word..I thought it had something to do with the party in the  WH but not sure..

geronl

« Reply #370 on: July 29, 2016, 04:02:40 am »

??

I don't want to see anyone "driven off". The only thing I have seen that comes close are threads moderated by Trumpists who delete everything they dislike. I definitely think it is pathological enough that we need a rule against having Comrade Orange loyalists as moderators.

Worth discussing anyway.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #371 on: July 29, 2016, 04:12:15 am »
We are better than FR.....aren't we? :shrug:

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #372 on: July 29, 2016, 04:12:47 am »
Trump would definitely raise taxes. Like tariffs and taxing companies that do business overseas in Mexico. He would raise it more on some people than others, depending on how much butt kissing they do.

Hardly. Especially relative to Hillary.

He had Kudlow and Laffer work on his plan.

Our only hope is that more Bernie supporters stay home than those on our side.

geronl

« Reply #373 on: July 29, 2016, 04:16:01 am »

That is their plan and he probably hasn't even read it. He talks about 40% tariffs and then starts talking about huge taxes on American companies doing business overseas. Some of them, he'd exempt some of course, like his own.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #374 on: July 29, 2016, 04:21:20 am »

Our only hope is that more Bernie supporters stay home than those on our side.

Bernie's supporters will likely stay home, if they even bothered to vote for him in the first place. The problem for Trump is the Conservatives who don't support him do vote, and they will be voting for another candidate or down ticket...