Author Topic: Trump Seeks More Foreign Guest Workers For His Companies (THIS MONTH!)  (Read 1167 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/trump-seeks-more-foreign-guestworkers-for-his-companies?utm_term=.gd2lNWY08#.cvXldwB8J

Trump Seeks More Foreign Guest Workers For His Companies

The presidential candidate is seeking to bring in 78 servers, housekeepers, and cooks for his Mar-a-Lago resort and nearby golf course. The controversial guest worker program allows employers to import foreign workers when they say there are no Americans who want the jobs.

posted on Jul. 27, 2016, at 7:25 p.m.

Donald Trump has made restoring American jobs a centerpiece of his campaign, a pledge he reiterated last week when he accepted the Republican nomination for president: “I’m going to bring our jobs back to Ohio and Pennsylvania and New York and Michigan and all of America,” he said.

This month, Trump is bringing jobs to Florida, as he looks to hire 78 servers, housekeepers, and cooks at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach and the nearby Trump National Golf Club, Jupiter.

But instead of making sure those jobs go to Americans, he is seeking to import foreign workers for the positions, which pay $10.17 an hour for housekeepers, $11.13 an hour for servers, and $12.74 for cooks.

He filed applications this month claiming he couldn’t find enough Americans to do that work, and is seeking temporary visas to bring in 65 workers at Mar-a-Lago along with another seven waiters and six cooks at the golf club.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment. A call to Mar-a-Lago was not returned, and an employee at the Jupiter golf club declined to comment. But in the past, Trump has defended his use of guest workers by saying there was no other way to fill the jobs.

“You can’t get help,” Trump told MSNBC’s Morning Joe in September. “Getting help in Palm Beach during the season is almost impossible.”

Officials at a nearby career services agency have seen it differently. Last year, Tom Veenstra, a senior director at Palm Beach’s career services center, told BuzzFeed News that he had “hundreds of people in our database that would qualify for a lot of those hospitality jobs.”

In an email Wednesday, Veenstra said his agency, which is chartered by the state of Florida, has a database of 1,327 Palm Beach County residents interested in server, cook, and chef positions. He said local hotels are currently seeking his agency’s help to fill more than 856 such jobs. Mar-a-Lago does not appear to be among those that contacted the agency directly, he said, adding that he could not immediately provide information about the Jupiter golf club.

H-2 visas allow employers to bring people from other countries into America as “guest workers” to fill temporary positions. One of the strictest rules of the H-2 program is that American workers must always be given preference in hiring. Companies seeking these visas are required by law to show that they already tried, but failed, to find Americans for the job. A BuzzFeed News investigation found that many companies go to extraordinary lengths to avoid hiring American workers so they can bring in foreign workers on H-2 visas instead.

In addition to this latest request for 78 visas, in the year since Trump launched his presidential campaign, companies owned by him or bearing his name had already sought and won permission from the Department of Labor to hire at least 149 foreign guest workers. The jobs were at resorts, golf courses, and vineyards in New York, Florida, and Virginia. The companies appear to have followed recruitment rules when seeking guest workers, posting those positions in the state online job board and placing ads, as required, with local newspapers such as the Palm Beach Post.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

He has always preferred to hire foreigners.

It's not like Americans know how to fold laundry, make beds or use a vacuum...

Offline sinkspur

Trump is such a hypocritical phony.

Do not pay attention to what he says.

Pay attention to what he DOES!

Offline DB

I'll have to wait for the Trump stasi to clarify what Trump is really doing so I don't get the wrong impression of the rank hypocrisy of it all.

geronl

There are jobless people in Florida!

No Americans know how to cook a good taco bowl!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:27:07 am by geronl »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Trump is such a hypocritical phony.

Do not pay attention to what he says.

Pay attention to what he DOES!

:amen:

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
The Trump hypocrisy Train keeps chugging down the tracks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump Seeks More Foreign Guest Workers For His Companies
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 01:55:32 pm »
SOURCE: BUZZFEED NEWS

URL: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/trump-seeks-more-foreign-guestworkers-for-his-companies?utm_term=.nd80y4wMY#.eaWMZoL85

The presidential candidate is seeking to bring in 78 more servers, housekeepers, and cooks for his Mar-a-Lago resort and nearby golf course. The controversial guest worker program allows employers to import foreign workers, but only when there are no Americans who want the jobs.

Donald Trump has made restoring American jobs a centerpiece of his campaign, a pledge he reiterated last week when he accepted the Republican nomination for president: “I’m going to bring our jobs back to Ohio and Pennsylvania and New York and Michigan and all of America,” he said.

This month, Trump is bringing jobs to Florida, as he looks to hire 78 servers, housekeepers, and cooks at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach and the nearby Trump National Golf Club, Jupiter.

But instead of making sure those jobs go to Americans, he is seeking to import foreign workers for the positions, which pay $10.17 an hour for housekeepers, $11.13 an hour for servers, and $12.74 for cooks. He filed applications this month claiming he couldn’t find enough Americans to do that work, and is seeking temporary visas to bring in 65 workers at Mar-a-Lago along with another seven waiters and six cooks at the golf club.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment. A call to Mar-a-Lago was not returned, and an employee at the Jupiter golf club declined to comment. But in the past, Trump has defended his use of guest workers by saying there was no other way to fill the jobs.

“You can’t get help,” Trump told MSNBC’s Morning Joe in September. “Getting help in Palm Beach during the season is almost impossible.”

Officials at a nearby career services agency have seen it differently. Last year, Tom Veenstra, a senior director at Palm Beach’s career services center, told BuzzFeed News that he had “hundreds of people in our database that would qualify for a lot of those hospitality jobs.”

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline sinkspur

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:58:38 pm by sinkspur »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I've spoken with many owners of restaurants and they can find people, but finding good people at those wages is very difficult.  The employee problems they have is staggering.   So Trump probably wants people he can control through force.   "Work or get sent back."

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RedHead

That explains his recent support for a $10 minimum wage.  Any higher and he'd have to pay his imports more.

Offline Night Hides Not

I've spoken with many owners of restaurants and they can find people, but finding good people at those wages is very difficult.  The employee problems they have is staggering.   So Trump probably wants people he can control through force.   "Work or get sent back."

I'd say that applies to his campaign staff...observe the firing of Corey Lewandowski...  :silly:

Trump and his campaign are absolutely tone deaf.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Rivergirl

DT's imported workers are not about to demand anything.  They know they will work for what they are paid or will be out of work.   Since he won Florida it will be interesting if any of those voters are feeling conned.
If so, they will never admit it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Side note but I've been wondering, is it a Yankee thing to call a taco salad a taco bowl?

Offline Night Hides Not

DT's imported workers are not about to demand anything.  They know they will work for what they are paid or will be out of work.   Since he won Florida it will be interesting if any of those voters are feeling conned.
If so, they will never admit it.

The rules of supply and demand have been abrogated by government interference, and legislators being bought off by crony capitalists.

The fact that the reported unemployment rate is 5% (=/-), while the Fed keeps interest rates at near zero, strains credulity. How can there be such demand for workers, yet wages have been stagnant for years? Simple...large corporations are able to manipulate supply via H-1Bs and other tactics, aided and abetted by selective enforcement of immigration laws.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

Side note but I've been wondering, is it a Yankee thing to call a taco salad a taco bowl?

good question. I guess it's called a bowl because the shell-thingy is one big bowl-shaped piece instead of in pieces like a taco salad

Offline beandog

He has always preferred to hire foreigners.

It's not like Americans know how to fold laundry, make beds or use a vacuum...
It appears he also prefers to marry foreigners. :whistle:

Offline RedHead

It appears he also prefers to marry foreigners. :whistle:

Just another job that Americans won't do at the price Trump is willing to pay.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Thank you.  Right to the point.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.