Author Topic: Clinton camp laughs off questions about press conference blackout  (Read 175 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289456-clinton-camp-laughs-off-questions-about-press-conference

July 27, 2016, 01:48 pm
Clinton camp laughs off questions about press conference blackout

By Jonathan Easley

PHILADELPHIA - Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager can’t guarantee that the Democratic presidential candidate will hold a press conference between now and the election and laughed off questions about why she doesn’t gaggle with reporters.

Speaking at a luncheon hosted by the Wall Street Journal, campaign manager Robby Mook burst out laughing when asked if Clinton would hold court with reporters before Election Day.

“We’ll see,” he said.

Clinton has still not held a press conference this year.

According to an analysis by the Washington Post, it has been more than 230 days since Clinton last held one on Dec. 4, 2015.

When Washington Post editorial board editor Ruth Marcus asked if the press conference blackout would continue into a Clinton administration, Mook again laughed it off.

“I will not speculate about anything after the election because I’ll be on vacation,” he said.

“I’m saying that I can’t even tell you what we’re doing 10 days from now, we make these decisions on a rolling basis,” he said.

Mook argued that Clinton frequently sits for interviews on political talk shows, meets with individual reporters, and “occasionally” gaggles with reporters embedded in her campaign.

“Secretary Clinton has provided a variety of interviews, one-on-one with reporters already,” Mook said. “She speaks occasionally with her traveling press core, so we continue to evaluate these questions on an ongoing basis.”

Clinton's Republican rival, Donald Trump, criticized the media earlier Wednesday during a media availability for failing to push Clinton to have press conferences.

"It's been 235 days since crooked Hillary Clinton has had a press conference and you as reporters who give her all these glowing reports should ask yourselves why. I'll tell you why: Despite the nice platitudes, she's been a mess," Trump said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34