Author Topic: In Press Conference, Trump invites Russian hackers to find Clinton's 30,000 missing emails  (Read 937 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russian-hackers-clinton-emails-2016-7

by: Pamela Engel

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Wednesday invited Russian hackers to find and publish Hillary Clinton's emails.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 [Clinton] emails that are missing," Trump said at a Wednesday press conference. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let's see if that happens, that'll be nice."

The remarks came after Clinton's camp said this week that Russian hackers were likely responsible for breaching the computer networks of the Democratic National Committee earlier this year and leaking emails of top officials to Wikileaks for publication.

VIDEO: Trump: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing..." https://t.co/NEGclzLXtP

— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) July 27, 2016

The hack, which showed top staffers considering leaking negative information about Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, led to chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz announcing her resignation.

"Russia has no respect for our country," Trump said at the press conference. "And that's why, if it is Russia, nobody even knows it's Russia, it was probably China. ... It shows how weak we are. It shows how disrespected we are."

Trump also slammed the DNC for what was seen as conspiring against Sanders to ensure that Clinton won the Democratic nomination.

"I'm not gonna tell Putin what to do, why should I tell Putin what to do?" Trump said. "t's not even about Russia or China or whoever it is that's doing the hacking. It's about the things they said in those emails. They were terrible things."

He also accused Clinton of being in on the conspiracy.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:16:35 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline sinkspur

Great. Trump is openly encouraging foreign espionage against US citizens.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm sure the Trumper defenses of this will be entertaining.

I never thought it would be a GOP candidate who would call for an adversarial foreign power to commit espionage in an attempt to harm a political opponent.

Shades of Teddy Kennedy.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
2016 election has been turned into a Sitcom.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

Trump might be a Putin Puppet

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I took the comment as being sarcastic...a joke.....since no one can find those 30k emails...

I think you guys are over re-acting.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I took the comment as being sarcastic...a joke.....since no one can find those 30k emails...

I think you guys are over re-acting.

Myst.....

I'd agree, but right now there are some inconsistent statements coming from the Trump camp around their participation in business ventures in Russia.  I'd tread lightly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Great. Trump is openly encouraging foreign espionage against US citizens.
Eh....

Among all the dumb things Trump has said, this one really doesn't register for me.  It's just rhetoric tweaking Hillary for vanished emails, not an actual call for espionage.

The server is gone.  The whole operation has been shut down, so there is nothing left to hack, and he's not actually calling for more espionage.  Trump is referring to all those supposedly non-work related emails that her assistants deleted without the government ever getting to see them.   It's just an anti-Hillary dig, fully-earned.

I'd personally prefer something more clever, like "It's a sad state of affairs when the Russians offer more transparency than Hillary Clinton and our own government."  Or maybe "when we have to rely on Romanian hackers or others to show us the people's business, there is a major problem."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:29:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Myst.....

I'd agree, but right now there are some inconsistent statements coming from the Trump camp around their participation in business ventures in Russia.  I'd tread lightly.

I understand and agree...I just think this statement was a joke on the press and they are too stupid to realize it.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline R4 TrumPence

Anyone who actually watched would know it was a joke! **nononono* **nononono*

Rush is even cracking up at the media falling for it!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Agree., but how many undecided voters out there will view the MSM's take as gospel, or just won't realize that it is a joke?

He really needs to get his top surrogates tweeting instead.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I understand and agree...I just think this statement was a joke on the press and they are too stupid to realize it.

What to make of Assange saying that he has more to release?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Will this be an Oct surprise?......never seen anything like this.
Support the USO

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Assange (and/or the various hackers involved) already have the emails, from whatever source.  Whatever espionage occurred is no longer ongoing, so claiming it is a "call for more espionage" is nonsensical.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

I say that sword's going to cut both ways....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

You do realize you have used that excuse to defend him several times today on several completely different issues? If true, at what point is anything about him not a joke? 

The espionage act is not a joke. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-37
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:51:27 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Will this be an Oct surprise?......never seen anything like this.

That has been speculated. There are also reports that Trump tried repeatedly and failed to get in on the bonanza that resulted from the dissolution of the USSR.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,217754.msg990314.html#msg990314

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I think it was a joke, too.  I don't think the press is too stupid to realize it, only too corrupt to not twist it.  BUT, I think Trump is both corrupt and stupid in general -- a sweeping statement that would include his dealings with Russia and Russia's Putin.  Trump loves bad actors because he is one.  He is too arrogant to be cautious in that he thinks he can out bad-guy them .  The way he apparently views the world is downright frightening.

So yes, this was his attempt at an insult/joke against Hillary.  I still can't stand him and think he would be dangerous as President.

Even if it was a joke it shows what we've all warned of for months. The media will eat him alive and this was something said out in the open but I guarantee they've got trainloads of real damaging info that will come.

Offline R4 TrumPence

You do realize you have used that excuse to defend him several times today on several completely different issues? If true, at what point is anything about him not a joke? 

The espionage act is not a joke. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-37

No WHAT I KNOW IS THAT THIS IS THIS FIRST POST ON THIS PRESS CONFERENCE THAT I HAVE MADE TODAY!
You need to lighten up and leave me alone!
Thanks

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No WHAT I KNOW IS THAT THIS IS THIS FIRST POST ON THIS PRESS CONFERENCE THAT I HAVE MADE TODAY!
You need to lighten up and leave me alone!
Thanks

I said on several issues. It seems it is a common excuse people make for him that 'it was just a joke' or 'he wasn't serious' like this:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,217773.msg989926.html#msg989926

It isn't about you, it is about how you can't really take anything from him seriously.

Here is a little test- If Hillary said the same thing, would you pass it off as 'just joking'?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

Serious question for you and other Trump supporters?

Are all you in possession of the Trump Secret Decoder Ring so we can really tell the difference between when Trump is just joking or not?

Joking about any number of things like encouraging Russian espionage and interference in US elections, or saying that authoritarian regimes (NK, Turkey, China, etc.)  are to be given credit for putting down opposition or saying that coming to the defense of NATO allies all depends on whether they’ve paid up or not, or perhaps on wanting to raise the federal minimum wage or threatening to not pay a hotel because “The Ballroom Was Too Damned Hot” or ….

Maybe we will all find out after November that we’ve all be punked and the Trump Secret Decoder Ring actually translates, for everything Trump says - “DRINK MORE TRUMPOVALTINE”.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Silver Pines

Stephen Hayes ‏@stephenfhayes  3h3 hours ago

If Trump had been joking, Mike Pence would not have put out a statement trying to distance himself/clean it up.

Silver Pines

Scott Lincicome ‏@scottlincicome  40m40 minutes ago

Trump: dumb/insane/dangerous comment
Team Trump: he didn't mean it
Trump fans: HE TOTALLY MEANT IT & IS A GENIUS FOR SAYING IT
Rinse, repeat

Offline Suppressed

He jokes far too often on weighty issues.  While this alone would be an excusable joke, his pattern of being a very unclear communicator could make jokes in the presidency downright dangerous.

I count three grammar/punctuation errors in that brief tweet.  I wonder what his IQ actually is.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn