Author Topic: Cruz Post-Convention: Popularity Among Americans Holds Steady  (Read 1026 times)

geronl

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7783/cruz-post-convention-popularity-among-americans-hank-berrien

excerpt
According to a new CNN poll, Ted Cruz’s popularity among Republicans sharply dipped after the GOP convention, but he gained among another voters. In the end, Cruz’s overall popularity stayed exactly the same as before.

additional excerpt
Additionally, 45% of GOP respondents still would prefer another presidential nominee.

Not really any surprises.

Offline beandog

Re: Cruz Post-Convention: Popularity Among Americans Holds Steady
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:24:45 pm »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7783/cruz-post-convention-popularity-among-americans-hank-berrien

excerpt
additional excerpt
Not really any surprises.

I think a lot of Cruz supporters dumped the GOP and are now identifying as Indies.  That would make up his increase in popularity among Independents and decrease among the GOP.   The GOP is now mostly made up of tRumples.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:30 pm »
I think a lot of Cruz supporters dumped the GOP and are now identifying as Indies.  That would make up his increase in popularity among Independents and decrease among the GOP.   The GOP is now mostly made up of tRumples.

Trump has turned the GOP into a US version of the UK Labour Party.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »
Trump has turned the GOP into a US version of the UK Labour Party.

IMO, Trump has turned the GOP into a modern version of the "Know Nothing Party."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 06:37:46 pm »
popularity among Republicans sharply dipped after the GOP convention, but he gained among another voters.

That is probably a function of Cruz supporters who no longer consider themselves to be part of the GOP.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 06:39:35 pm »
Too bad so sad. :tongue2:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 06:46:30 pm »
I will continue to stand with Cruz and support him.  Especially now.  It is important that he maintains his Senate seat in 2018. Joaquin Castro (DEM) is thinking about challenging him -- his mother was a Chicana political activist who helped establish the Chicano political party La Raza Unida, and who ran unsuccessfully for the San Antonio City Council in 1971.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160726-joaquin-castro-considers-a-2018-senate-run-to-challenge-ted-cruz.ece

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Castro ***

***  Just a note here -- in looking up Joaquin there is no mention of his mother's involvement with La Raza -- I had to do a search on his twin brother Julian to be able to cite that information.

Cruz  Reigniting the Promise of America!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:48:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 07:26:15 pm »

My Democrat MIL told me she is really proud of Cruz for standing up and urging people to vote their conscious.  She also said she wasn'wasn't going to vote since she can't vote for either candidate.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »
My Democrat MIL told me she is really proud of Cruz for standing up and urging people to vote their conscious.  She also said she wasn'wasn't going to vote since she can't vote for either candidate.

Even far left Perez Hilton said he wished the democrats had someone who would stand up and speak truth to party power like Ted Cruz did.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »
That is probably a function of Cruz supporters who no longer consider themselves to be part of the GOP.
I am very confident that in a short time some or most of those tRump GOPers will wish they had thought better when they wished for Orange BS and in time for next convention Cruz will be seen as the GOP's White Knight.

Then again, tRump's paranoid schizophrenia could have us at war or in a civil war.

I am more and more convinced that the chances are growing for a military coup with either tRump or hitlery.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 07:53:06 pm »
Didn't remain steady with me!

Went up about 15 notches!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:16 pm »
What I'd like to see is for Ted to detach from the GOP and join up with the U.S. Constitution Party.  That would give the USCP a marquee leader and a bigger role on the national stage.  As the GOP implodes -- and it will -- the USCP offers a more conservative platform and an organizational infrastructure.  All it needs is an influx of people to populate it and advance it to major-league status.  Ted could lead that migration.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:06:17 pm by ScottinVA »

geronl

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »
What I'd like to see is for Ted to detach from the GOP and join up with the U.S. Constitution Party.  That would give the USCP a marquee leader and a bigger role on the national stage.  As the GOP implodes -- and it will -- the USCP offers a more conservative platform and an organizational infrastructure.  All it needs is an influx of people to populate it and advance it to major-league status.  Ted could lead that migration.

Would not be the worst idea.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 08:08:22 pm »
What I'd like to see is for Ted to detach from the GOP and join up with the U.S. Constitution Party.  That would give the USCP a marquee leader and a bigger role on the national stage.  As the GOP implodes -- and it will -- the USCP offers a more conservative platform and an organizational infrastructure.  All they need is an influx of people to populate it.  Ted could lead the way.

What would be ideal would be for the GOP to kick him out but I doubt they would because they realize he'd become Obi Wan Kenobi.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 08:11:16 pm »

A year ago I would've disagreed, but it has become clear that Cruz's worst political enemy is not the democrats, its the GOP.

They have been at least a party to the smears against him, if not the source, and clearly consider him more of a threat than they did Trump.

IMO they will NEVER let him get near the nomination, in 2020 or at any other time, so if he can maintain his seat as a member of the Constitution Party then he's got absolutely nothing to lose by making the change.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 08:11:39 pm »
IMO, Trump has turned the GOP into a modern version of the "Know Nothing Party."

That, or the Populist Party of America (People's Party).  Whatever the case, his ideas were shown to be foolish more than 100 years ago.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 08:19:01 pm »
That, or the Populist Party of America (People's Party).  Whatever the case, his ideas were shown to be foolish more than 100 years ago.

Teddy Roosevelt all over again. Full of sound and fury only to end up being a co founder of the progressive "Bull Moose" party (BS party would be more accurate) which failed but led to Woodrow Wilson in the white house.

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 08:46:31 pm »
II am more and more convinced that the chances are growing for a military coup with either tRump or hitlery.

I am leaning toward impeaching whoever wins immediately after being sworn in.
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:38 pm »
After the last two posts I feel quite comfortable #NeverTrump will be easily recognized by most sane people as the weirdos they are.

geronl

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 08:53:30 pm »
I am leaning toward impeaching whoever wins immediately after being sworn in.

That is what Stephen F Austin said about President Sam Houston down in the Republic of Texas, that the first act of Congress should have been impeachment.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 08:58:24 pm »
That is what Stephen F Austin said about President Sam Houston down in the Republic of Texas, that the first act of Congress should have been impeachment.

IIRC, Mr. Austin saw the light before he passed away. I can only imagine the cacophony of voices, given the brains and egos of those early Texans.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »
After the last two posts I feel quite comfortable #NeverTrump will be easily recognized by most sane people as the weirdos they are.

I'm not #NeverTrump. I just prefer Pence significantly more than Trump.
I am however #NeverHillary.
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 09:23:56 pm »
The upshot is pretty clear:

Among those not blinded by partisanship, Cruz's reputation has skyrocketed.

Among those stuck in the party-first rut, Cruz has indicted their souls.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:31 pm »

I've been thinking about that myself; although it is my understanding that it is more difficult and more costly for a 3rd party candidate to qualify in all 50 states.  Would he still get Super pac funding (not quite sure how they work)?  He would at some point in time though have to step down from his GOP Senate seat, but I couldn't agree more with you, Cruz would certainly advance the party big time and I think he would draw even more supporters since they aren't affiliated with the GOP.

Also, Cruz has made a statement that he in essence isn't attached to the GOP but rather to conservatism; I thought at the time he may be gearing up to run 3rd party.  Certainly the Constitution Party fits him like a glove  -- IMHO.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:55:41 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 09:55:36 pm »
The entire brouhaha over Ted Cruz's speech need not have happened.

Why are so many Republicans outraged by the exhortation to vote according to conscience? Aren't they confident in the case for Trump? Aren't they assured that he fits the description of a candidate "who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution"? Shouldn't this be a moment of affirmation? Shouldn't Republicans be able to honestly declare their conscientious support for their party's nominee? Really, what's the problem here?

NOTHING he said was wrong and EVERYTHING he said was right.

I've said this before and I'll say it again --- The response to Cruz's exhortation demonstrates  what may be the worst problem facing the Trump campaign.

His own voters don't believe in him. So many Republicans backing Trump today are doing so for no other reason than his status as the nominee. That's it. It's a completely pragmatic choice based on the alternative of Hillary Clinton, and it's a choice that goes against their own privately held beliefs.