Author Topic: For Sake of ‘Party Unity,’ Trump Wished Crowd Would Have Assaulted Ted Cruz  (Read 4354 times)

geronl

I'm actually more concerned about what Trump and his Militants and thugs will do once they seize control of Washington.    We get death threats from the Trump Militant for refusing to vote for him - we haven't received such threats from Hillary's mob of Commies.

I definitely agree with this.

Offline NavyCanDo

You stated....."I actually think Hillary will be less dangerous".

Well you can actually consider yourself  ignored from hereafter......I'm not interested in anything you have to say since obviously you've made your choice..... and do not grasp this election, what it means, and what's at stake should Hillary and her thugs seize control of Washington....

Just because someone criticizes Trump and says Hillary may be less dangerous doesn't mean they're some granola crunching tree huggin Hillary supporter. Anyone with half a brain that is disappointed with the two choices, and from polls that would be tens of millions of people, are wondering the same thing - who will cause more damage? Some may have come to a different conclusion, but for me they both would.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Just because someone criticizes Trump and says Hillary may be less dangerous doesn't mean they're some granola crunching tree huggin Hillary supporter. Anyone with half a brain that is disappointed with the two choices, and from polls that would be tens of millions of people, are wondering the same thing - who will cause more damage? Some may have come to a different conclusion, but for me they both would.

Offline Cripplecreek

You can put me on ignore as well in that case!

I'm in! :patriot:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
You don't have to agree with him.....and he's not a Fascist....he's  competing in our Presidential election which has the most brutal vicious players in the world for the greatest Power 'THEY' intend to hold onto at the cost of this country and every citizen....  Whoever fights against them had better be tough and rough ....what many fail to see is Trump is not hiding between skirts nor political speak...he's deliberately confusing and confounding these rats and making certain they don't know what he's going to do or not do......

This man is not against the American people...he's fighting a system with a stronghold of the likes you and I never would imagine possible......even Cruz identified them in the least offensive way he could by calling them the "Washington Cartel"....and that's just a part of the whole....who by the way use their connections domestically and worldwide to create chaos and use various ethnic and minority groups to sustain their power and rob this nation of all it's assets and resources......and that means your pocket as well...and the futures of your children...and Trumps told all he is going to reveal and tell the American people as he goes.

Bill Clinton is using every bit of leverage and threats he has to "protect" Hillary and all those who would be implicated thru her dealings here and on the International stage......threats to blow the ceiling off everybody.....why do you think Hillary "walked"????

People need to see this election as no other because it's not....additionally we have a Stronghold of Islamic Muslims running things in Washington and this has got to be fought and those protecting them.....

I want these people to be "afraid"......and they are.....I want them to wonder just what Trump will or won't do......and what would you say if Cruz was indeed in this game still and co-operating with Trump and vice versa to snuff these bastards out.....

Except he's already beaten Cruz.  So you're theory of its just a hard fight is baseless.

No, he's a bully and we've seen this before.  History repeats.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
......You say for the first time in your life you'll be... 'ROOTING AGAINST'.... the Republican Candidate for president????.....

Well just who's side in this game do you figure that puts you in?????.......there's only one game....and two teams in the playoffs....   You can "say" that doesn't mean you're rooting for the other side but let me tell you if your not rooting for Trump that parks you flatly in her cheering section...since you've assumed the role of "rooting".

It would be understood if you chose to simply not root for either........but saying you're "rooting"against our team is unimaginable when you know full well the end result if Hillary wins this series.

What you fail to comprehend is that there isn't a Republican running.  Oh sure he might have the R by his name on the Chyron graphic on TV...but that's as far as his Republicanism goes.

There's no one to root for if you are a Conservative in the 2016 election.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Except he's already beaten Cruz.  So you're theory of its just a hard fight is baseless.

No, he's a bully and we've seen this before.  History repeats.

This is turning into a real fatal attraction things with Trump where Cruz is concerned.  He acts like a spurned lover

He's so damn obsessed with the fact that Cruz won't endorse him...that more people within the GOP would rather have Cruz than Orange Jesus....that at any time I expect to find out that Ted found a bunny rabbit boiling in a pot on his stove.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

It would be understood if you chose to simply not root for either........but saying you're "rooting"against our team is unimaginable when you know full well the end result if Hillary wins this series.

It stopped being 'our team' when it stopped being Conservative. Do not conflate Conservatism with the Republican Party.

There is only ONE Conservative left in the race, and he certainly isn't Trump. And with all my money and all my speech, and all my power, I will certainly be rooting for that Conservative, Darrell Castle.

How very odd that you would suggest insist a Conservative cannot root for a Conservative candidate, and must either 'shut up' or root for the NYC liberal that currently has an "R" by his name.

That is not the thinking I have long respected and expect from you...  :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

This is turning into a real fatal attraction things with Trump where Cruz is concerned.  He acts like a spurned lover

He's so damn obsessed with the fact that Cruz won't endorse him...that more people within the GOP would rather have Cruz than Orange Jesus....that at any time I expect to find out that Ted found a bunny rabbit boiling in a pot on his stove.

Actually I doubt Trumpers can give an actual valid reason for their hatred for Cruz at this point. All I hear are the same half dozen proven lies that Trump gave them. There are no new ones because Trump hasn't given them any new ones. Its really about blaspheme against the Orange one.

At the end of the day Ted Cruz didn't go along to get along and that proves him to be the true outsider.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Actually I doubt Trumpers can give an actual valid reason for their hatred for Cruz at this point. All I hear are the same half dozen proven lies that Trump gave them. There are no new ones because Trump hasn't given them any new ones. Its really about blaspheme against the Orange one.

At the end of the day Ted Cruz didn't go along to get along and that proves him to be the true outsider.

You're right.  Hell they can't even give us a valid reason to vote for him.  When pressed they either ignore the question or say it's irrelevant and/or doesn't matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And how much restraining of Obama has congress done? Obama has paved the way for even more executive abuse of power.

Exactly the point.  Congress has the power to restrain the Executive as per Constitution.  The fact it does not do so for Obama points out the need to obtain a better, conservative Congress.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
OK, you asked and I suspect you and others may not like my answer, but it is because DT is weak that we must vote for him.  It may be that DT's instability and narcissism could be his best qualities as far as the nation is concerned.

Say what?  Vote for the weaker of the two candidates?  Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Hillary Clinton is probably not mentally ill, she's not that smart, but she is clever, actively engaged in the pursuit of evil, experienced, connected, conniving and willing to do anything and everything to enhance her own power and position.* 

And, much like the guy who "took the presidency from her in 2008", she doesn't really like us Americans that much.  She doesn't find us appealing, she doesn't really understand or empathize with us and she thinks we're patsys for believing most of the stuff we believe.  Like the Constitution, like American exceptionalism, like freedom.  I'll grant you that DT doesn't believe in those things either, but his lack of belief is a result of intellectual laziness, whereas hers is an active dislike of those things that are good.  He is able to overlook those things, she will actively work to destroy them.

Trump, on the other hand, is an amateur on the international scene, undisciplined and disorganized.  He will be much easier to isolate and will be much less effective than the supremely disciplined Clinton.

One of the better arguments I have seen presented here is the idea that we need to maintain control of the House and Senate.  I agree; that’s how it should be.  However, we the people, have had little-to-no control over what goes on in DC for many years now, and what little influence we have had is diminishing.  The House and the Senate are engaged for the most part in the Clintonian art of taking what they can get and consolidating power, all the while making every effort to displace any responsibility that might fall on them for their actions or lack thereof.   

They are NOT going to want to limit what HRC does – they simply don’t have the vision or backbone to do so.   DJT presents a much softer target, and one that I think they will push back against. 

HRC also is (willingly) bought and paid for by the Muslim Brotherhood.  DJT's ego just may mean that he will feel the need to follow through on as least some of his promises in that area.  Ditto slowing the flood across the border.  With HRC we are guaranteed more immigration of the bad kind.

And, my last point for now:  DJT is much more impeachable that HRC.  If it comes to it, and the clamor from the people reaches a point where Congress finally feels that they must do something beyond the silly, stupid and insulting never-ending "hearings", they could and would take out the nominal Republican where they would never take out the Dem.  And, particularly one they fear as much as Clinton.

*Re: "willing to do anything and everything to enhance her own power and position“, yes, she is.   Things like repeatedly and easily lying to Congress and the people of the United States, selling military technology to the Chinese, accepting foreign funds as Secretary of State in return for making decisions that benefited those entities bribing her, setting up an unsafe and highly illegal email system that jeopardized and may have contributed to the deaths of a number of Americans, and possibly others – just to be able to avoid the possibility of her communications being on the record.

Well said -- I come out exactly in the same place.

Trump is disliked by a great many members of Congress, who are supporting him only because the alternative is Hillary.  But once the risk of her presidency is gone...they have no reason to give Trump a damn thing.  Not only will Trump lack support in Congress to a degree greater than any President in living memory, but he'll lack any institutional support among the bureaucracy as well.  He's not a movement -- he's just one guy, and there's no way that one guy can effect major change unless he has exceptionally long coattails (Reagan....) and Trump doesn't.

Moreover, with Pence as his VP, I think you could see Republicans and Democrats cooperate in impeaching the guy if he does anything truly bizarre.  None of that is a reason to vote for -- the reason to vote for him is to not let Hillary get in there.  That won't be enough for a lot of people, and I personally sympathize with that.  But it's enough for me.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Exactly the point.  Congress has the power to restrain the Executive as per Constitution.  The fact it does not do so for Obama points out the need to obtain a better, conservative Congress.

Congress did not do everything possible to stop Obama.  On thee other hand, they stopped a whole lot of legislation that he wanted, and for much of it, executive orders weren't a viable work around.  Both his immigration and environmental EO's got shot down to some extent by the courts.  That shouldn't be overlooked.

geronl

Well said -- I come out exactly in the same place.

Trump is disliked by a great many members of Congress, who are supporting him only because the alternative is Hillary.  But once the risk of her presidency is gone...they have no reason to give Trump a damn thing.

He'll just hold the most powerful office on the planet. The mental patient with his finger on the button and the worlds largest military at his command.

What could possibly go wrong??

I think we'd be safer with Hillary, just by a itsy bitsy bit

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The fact of the matter is that we've been dealt a big steaming pile of pooh, and we have to decide what to do with it.  We can't ignore it; it smells the whole place up, is attracting all sorts of vermin and presents a clear danger to us. 

Am I baffled and flabbergasted that we've gotten into this position?  Am I furious with Dems for nominating one of the most corrupt people to ever be a part of the American political scene?  Am I almost equally furious with Republicans for nominating one of the most unfit candidates of all time in spite of the efforts of many of us here?  You betcha.  All of that.

But, I've got to put my feeling aside and deal with what we've got. I've got to think about what is best for my kids, my grandkids, and your kids and grandkids.  As angry as I am, I can't let that anger dictate my actions.  Regrettably....

@Emjay and @geronl.

Thanks for your posts @Sanguine. I also over the years have been battling the lesser of two evil enigma. As you mentioned, it makes one think beside their own selfish reasons to include future generations. I have kids myself...

As @RAT Patrol pointed out... and someone else has as their tagline... Roman's 3:8 ...

And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. - Romans 3:8

Complex little verse... But to me it says not to do evil because it can be used against us (and they would be rightful to do so, because our damnation is just)... Ouch...

So what about our grandchildren/kids/loved ones??? Well I think the best thing we can do for them is to show we teach them that even when not popular we stand on principle in the Lord against evil always. Even in adversity... even when mailed death threats. Well perhaps, there is a season for everything, including a time to run (and a time to fight)... Follow what the Lord shows you and try to base it on his word the best you can. IOWs follow your conscience as best the Lord shows you.

For me, I can not support Trump, but I also can not say that is your best course.

Tagline pictured below that is based off Romans 3:8 that I liked... (and borrowed for FaceBook)...

You stated....."I actually think Hillary will be less dangerous".

Well you can actually consider yourself  ignored from hereafter......I'm not interested in anything you have to say since obviously you've made your choice..... and do not grasp this election, what it means, and what's at stake should Hillary and her thugs seize control of Washington....

Please feel free to add me to your list also @WAC

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:39:38 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DB

I don't understand how so many Trump supporters can demand party loyalty over all other things when the now leader of that party has changed party affiliation over and over over the years. The simple truth is what they call "party loyalty" is in fact loyalty to a single man that has had no loyalty to the party whatsoever. Just nuts.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Cruz was right. Trump incites and approves of violence against those who disagree with him.

How do you think he was able to get those "great deals"?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Cripplecreek

Cruz was right. Trump incites and approves of violence against those who disagree with him.

How do you think he was able to get those "great deals"?

Politicians need to be careful about the words they use. There are nuts among us who believe politicians are speaking directly to them.

19 elderly people killed in Japan today after a politician complains that they're living too long and taking up too many resources.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I'm in! :patriot:

This one has been ignore for several weeks.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Politicians need to be careful about the words they use. There are nuts among us who believe politicians are speaking directly to them.

19 elderly people killed in Japan today after a politician complains that they're living too long and taking up too many resources.

Exactly, the phrase

Will No One Rid Me of this Troublesome Priest?

Comes to mind.

Offline HootOwl

OK, you asked and I suspect you and others may not like my answer, but it is because DT is weak that we must vote for him.  It may be that DT's instability and narcissism could be his best qualities as far as the nation is concerned.

Say what?  Vote for the weaker of the two candidates?  Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Hillary Clinton is probably not mentally ill, she's not that smart, but she is clever, actively engaged in the pursuit of evil, experienced, connected, conniving and willing to do anything and everything to enhance her own power and position.* 

And, much like the guy who "took the presidency from her in 2008", she doesn't really like us Americans that much.  She doesn't find us appealing, she doesn't really understand or empathize with us and she thinks we're patsys for believing most of the stuff we believe.  Like the Constitution, like American exceptionalism, like freedom.  I'll grant you that DT doesn't believe in those things either, but his lack of belief is a result of intellectual laziness, whereas hers is an active dislike of those things that are good.  He is able to overlook those things, she will actively work to destroy them.

Trump, on the other hand, is an amateur on the international scene, undisciplined and disorganized.  He will be much easier to isolate and will be much less effective than the supremely disciplined Clinton.

One of the better arguments I have seen presented here is the idea that we need to maintain control of the House and Senate.  I agree; that’s how it should be.  However, we the people, have had little-to-no control over what goes on in DC for many years now, and what little influence we have had is diminishing.  The House and the Senate are engaged for the most part in the Clintonian art of taking what they can get and consolidating power, all the while making every effort to displace any responsibility that might fall on them for their actions or lack thereof.   

They are NOT going to want to limit what HRC does – they simply don’t have the vision or backbone to do so.   DJT presents a much softer target, and one that I think they will push back against. 

HRC also is (willingly) bought and paid for by the Muslim Brotherhood.  DJT's ego just may mean that he will feel the need to follow through on as least some of his promises in that area.  Ditto slowing the flood across the border.  With HRC we are guaranteed more immigration of the bad kind.

And, my last point for now:  DJT is much more impeachable that HRC.  If it comes to it, and the clamor from the people reaches a point where Congress finally feels that they must do something beyond the silly, stupid and insulting never-ending "hearings", they could and would take out the nominal Republican where they would never take out the Dem.  And, particularly one they fear as much as Clinton.

*Re: "willing to do anything and everything to enhance her own power and position“, yes, she is.   Things like repeatedly and easily lying to Congress and the people of the United States, selling military technology to the Chinese, accepting foreign funds as Secretary of State in return for making decisions that benefited those entities bribing her, setting up an unsafe and highly illegal email system that jeopardized and may have contributed to the deaths of a number of Americans, and possibly others – just to be able to avoid the possibility of her communications being on the record.

I have been sayin and thinking this for the last week.   You said it better than I could.  We do not want the Democrats in power.  Lose our guns  lose the Supreme Court,  and lose our freedom,. :amen:

Offline Suppressed

Exactly, the phrase

Will No One Rid Me of this Troublesome Priest?

Comes to mind.

Suppressed
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline HootOwl

The GOP was terrified of Cruz and did what they felt they had to to disarm him.   And, no, they're not lapdogs.  They are in it for themselves and will rip to shreds anyone who threatens that.

Trump will have the DEMs to contend with  and a few REpublicans.  his hands will be tied  or both parties can impeach him. :eleph:

Offline DB

Trump will have the DEMs to contend with  and a few REpublicans.  his hands will be tied  or both parties can impeach him. :eleph:

You are mistaken. The dems will be happy to give Trump much of what he wants. Tariffs on imports, piece of cake. More government top down health care, no problem. Out of NATO, will give you the bill to sign by morning. Making the illegals legal, what bipartisanship is all about. More taxes on the "wealthy", it is only fair.