Author Topic: For Sake of ‘Party Unity,’ Trump Wished Crowd Would Have Assaulted Ted Cruz  (Read 4352 times)

Silver Pines

IMHO Trump supporters would cheer if something happened to Cruz even if the assailant turned out to be some nut job Trump supporter.  Most of Trump's supporters are just as loony as he is.

@libertybele

Elsewhere I saw a Trump supporter say he hoped Cruz would be dead by 2020. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Yeah, I get threats from them pretty much every day on twitter. They think I'm a rich greedy Jew. The cartoon a bunch of us got today is the stereotypical big nose Jew on his knees with a bullet exploding from his forehead.

Very disturbing.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I believe God governs the nations.  We either do what is right or we are on the wrong side.  Period.  You never ever win by choosing evil.  Trump is a pathologically vindictive bully who is entirely unfit to lead as President, or any other political office for that matter.  The fact that Hillary is too is irrelevant.  Scripture is steeped in examples of those on the correct side being outnumbered by bigger and tougher opponents.  If God is on your side, nothing else matters.  If He isn't, nothing else matters.  I cannot and will never embrace a man as rotten and corrupt as Trump just because I fear someone as rotten and corrupt as Hillary.  There are grander themes that must be considered.   "Choose evil that good may come of it" is not an option.

Words of wisdom, Rat Patrol.

I'm not patient enough.  Maybe God thinks I'm still teachable.

HonestJohn

Now, Bigun, you know me well enough to know I'm not trying to sell anything. 

The fact of the matter is that we've been dealt a big steaming pile of pooh, and we have to decide what to do with it.  We can't ignore it; it smells the whole place up, is attracting all sorts of vermin and presents a clear danger to us. 

Am I baffled and flabbergasted that we've gotten into this position?  Am I furious with Dems for nominating one of the most corrupt people to ever be a part of the American political scene?  Am I almost equally furious with Republicans for nominating one of the most unfit candidates of all time in spite of the efforts of many of us here?  You betcha.  All of that.

But, I've got to put my feeling aside and deal with what we've got. I've got to think about what is best for my kids, my grandkids, and your kids and grandkids.  As angry as I am, I can't let that anger dictate my actions.  Regrettably....

@Emjay and @geronl.

You have to ask yourself one question.

If Hillary fulfilled everything she promises in this election season, would America as still exist in a form recognizable to us...

...and if Trump does everything he's claimed he'll do, will we still have an America (or one that you recognize)?

Once you answer that, the choice is clear.

HonestJohn

Yeah, I get threats from them pretty much every day on twitter. They think I'm a rich greedy Jew. The cartoon a bunch of us got today is the stereotypical big nose Jew on his knees with a bullet exploding from his forehead.

Trump's ripped off the coverings that have hidden those guys, in essence, given them the free-rein to come out of the woodwork.

And we're learning just how weak our party is in confronting and condemning that evil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You have to ask yourself one question.

If Hillary fulfilled everything she promises in this election season, would America as still exist in a form recognizable to us...

...and if Trump does everything he's claimed he'll do, will we still have an America (or one that you recognize)?

Once you answer that, the choice is clear.

There's one more factor in that equation: is there any chance that Trump will even try to do what he has proposed to do - or - could do even if he wanted to?  That answer is "no" and that negates the second choice.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump's ripped off the coverings that have hidden those guys, in essence, given them the free-rein to come out of the woodwork.

And we're learning just how weak our party is in confronting and condemning that evil.

Fortunately I'm not weak in standing my ground and I don't have to be in my home to do it.

HonestJohn

There's one more factor in that equation: is there any chance that Trump will even try to do what he has proposed to do - or - could do even if he wanted to?  That answer is "no" and that negates the second choice.

That's not a factor.

Those running for office *WILL* try and fulfill their promises.  The only reason they don't is because someone stopped them.

And just remember the last time a national leader and his promises were ignored as being "too outrageous" and that they "couldn't be done".

60 million people died because people didn't think that those leaders would fulfill their promises.

Is that something you're willing to risk?

Think about it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:50:30 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's not a factor.

Those running for office *WILL* try and fulfill their promises.  The only reason they don't is because someone stopped them.

And just remember the last time a national leader and his promises were ignored as being "too outrageous" and that they "couldn't be done".

60 million people died because people didn't think that those leaders would fulfill their promises.

Think about it.

I hear you, John.  I just don't think DT is very good at much of what he does and would be much easier to contain that HRC.  He's good at appearing to be good at...well, whatever it is he maintains he's good at.  Whatever that is.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:52:06 am by Sanguine »

HonestJohn

I hear you, John.  I just don't think DT is very good at much of what he does and would be much easier to contain that HRC.

Look at the GOP today.  Look at how most have rolled over for Trump.

The only ones that haven't yet are Cruz and Kasich.

Now look at the House and Senate.  The GOP that rolled over for Trump control both and it's likely they will continue to keep the House (and possibly the Senate).

How can you honestly say that Trump and his desires will be stopped by those lapdogs?

And how can you sit back and help make that happen?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:54:58 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Now look at the House and Senate.  The GOP that rolled over for Trump control both and it's likely they will continue to keep the House (and possibly the Senate).

How can you honestly say that Trump and his desires will be stopped by those lapdogs?

The GOP was terrified of Cruz and did what they felt they had to to disarm him.   And, no, they're not lapdogs.  They are in it for themselves and will rip to shreds anyone who threatens that. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Exactly. There will be no containing Trump because there has been zero pushback from his supporters. Any pushback on Trump has come from those of us who don't support him and we're called traitors and threatened relentlessly.

Trump says he wished the mob would have attacked Ted Cruz for the love of God and the GOP says nothing. Ivanka Trump stands at the GOP convention and pimps universal child care and equal pay for women while the Paypal  founder slams conservatives for our fake culture war and the audience claps like trained seals.

Our republic dies to thunderous applause (and calls to hang the traitors who resist)

At the end of the day, one man refused to go along to get along and Trumpers call him "Establishment"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:11:21 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline kartographer

@libertybele

Elsewhere I saw a Trump supporter say he hoped Cruz would be dead by 2020.

When Cruz came on I half expected Vince McMahon and 3 or 4 WWE  wrestlers  to jump up on the stage and grab Cruz shave his head and offer Cruz's hair as a burnt offering to Trump.

The Trumpsters would have had a 'Trumpgasm'!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:36:02 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Suppressed

They were the target of the Laura Ingraham dog whistle.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Amen, but at this time - impossible. The rules have been fixed to ensure that cannot happen within the GOP.

The GOP completely surrendered that power to the Executive.  It is no longer an option, and they will not do so.  Even moreso if Trump is the President and the GOP still retains control of both houses.  Which is why it is better to have a clear enemy at the head of government that we can oppose and in whom we have absolutely no responsibility for.  A GOP Congress will never restrain an out of control Trump or Hillary anymore than it restrained an out of control Obama.

The cheers and applause like clapping seals of the Republican delegations at the Convention last week for ideas and behaviors that are antithetical to Conservative principles and are instead part and parcel of the Hedonistic Democrat agenda, tell me that the party itself will ensure the leadership remains constant with their consent, notwithstanding the rules changes that make it impossible to do so.

All of this is why we do not return the GOP to Congressional leadership.  We need conservative leadership.

Congress is the key, and it might not happen overnight, but, like taking out the Whigs two centuries ago, it can most definitely happen.

Too many believe the Presidency is the most important of the branches.  It is not.  Congress was designed to be authority that can control this nation, and can most certainly control the Executive if it acts in accordance to the oath it swore when each member entered office.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

I hear you, John.  I just don't think DT is very good at much of what he does and would be much easier to contain that HRC.  He's good at appearing to be good at...well, whatever it is he maintains he's good at.  Whatever that is.

Obama has bent the limits of the executive branch with barely a whimper from congress - which is controlled by the "opposition" party. Trump has had the path cleared for direct unrestrained power. Don't be so sure that he can be contained once he reaches the actual levers of power.

Offline DB

All of this is why we do not return the GOP to Congressional leadership.  We need conservative leadership.

Congress is the key, and it might not happen overnight, but, like taking out the Whigs two centuries ago, it can most definitely happen.

Too many believe the Presidency is the most important of the branches.  It is not.  Congress was designed to be authority that can control this nation, and can most certainly control the Executive if it acts in accordance to the oath it swore when each member entered office.

And how much restraining of Obama has congress done? Obama has paved the way for even more executive abuse of power.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Horrible.  I feel like the country is about to be run by a Fascist and if you don't agree with him you may find yourself a target. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline WAC

......You say for the first time in your life you'll be... 'ROOTING AGAINST'.... the Republican Candidate for president????.....

Well just who's side in this game do you figure that puts you in?????.......there's only one game....and two teams in the playoffs....   You can "say" that doesn't mean you're rooting for the other side but let me tell you if your not rooting for Trump that parks you flatly in her cheering section...since you've assumed the role of "rooting".

It would be understood if you chose to simply not root for either........but saying you're "rooting"against our team is unimaginable when you know full well the end result if Hillary wins this series.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It would be understood if you chose to simply not root for either........but saying you're "rooting"against our team is unimaginable when you know full well the end result if Hillary wins this series.

I actually think Hillary will be less dangerous in the short term than Trump will be.

Trump poses an immediate, clear and present danger to anyone that will not genuflect and kiss his ring and his recent statements about the Constitution not being a suicide pact is far more disconcerting than anything Hillary has stated of late.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WAC

I feel like the country is about to be run by a Fascist and if you don't agree with him you may find yourself a target.

You don't have to agree with him.....and he's not a Fascist....he's  competing in our Presidential election which has the most brutal vicious players in the world for the greatest Power 'THEY' intend to hold onto at the cost of this country and every citizen....  Whoever fights against them had better be tough and rough ....what many fail to see is Trump is not hiding between skirts nor political speak...he's deliberately confusing and confounding these rats and making certain they don't know what he's going to do or not do......

This man is not against the American people...he's fighting a system with a stronghold of the likes you and I never would imagine possible......even Cruz identified them in the least offensive way he could by calling them the "Washington Cartel"....and that's just a part of the whole....who by the way use their connections domestically and worldwide to create chaos and use various ethnic and minority groups to sustain their power and rob this nation of all it's assets and resources......and that means your pocket as well...and the futures of your children...and Trumps told all he is going to reveal and tell the American people as he goes.

Bill Clinton is using every bit of leverage and threats he has to "protect" Hillary and all those who would be implicated thru her dealings here and on the International stage......threats to blow the ceiling off everybody.....why do you think Hillary "walked"????

People need to see this election as no other because it's not....additionally we have a Stronghold of Islamic Muslims running things in Washington and this has got to be fought and those protecting them.....

I want these people to be "afraid"......and they are.....I want them to wonder just what Trump will or won't do......and what would you say if Cruz was indeed in this game still and co-operating with Trump and vice versa to snuff these bastards out.....

Offline WAC

You stated....."I actually think Hillary will be less dangerous".

Well you can actually consider yourself  ignored from hereafter......I'm not interested in anything you have to say since obviously you've made your choice..... and do not grasp this election, what it means, and what's at stake should Hillary and her thugs seize control of Washington....

Offline Frank Cannon

People need to see this election as no other because it's not....additionally we have a Stronghold of Islamic Muslims running things in Washington and this has got to be fought and those protecting them.....

I want these people to be "afraid"......and they are.....I want them to wonder just what Trump will or won't do......and what would you say if Cruz was indeed in this game still and co-operating with Trump and vice versa to snuff these bastards out.....

LOL. And you think a guy who has spent his entire life running his mouth and then folding like a cheap umbrella when when the shit hits the fan. Donny's life is nothing but one failure after another. He won't do anything to any strongman.

BTW, how do you think the Generals are going to do this year?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Well you can actually consider yourself  ignored from hereafter......I'm not interested in anything you have to say since obviously you've made your choice..... and do not grasp this election, what it means, and what's at stake should Hillary and her thugs seize control of Washington....

You can put me on ignore as well in that case!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Well you can actually consider yourself  ignored from hereafter……

Be's still my heart….I'm so hurt……….. Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze don't ignore me!  I desperately need your validation.  /sarc

I'm not interested in anything you have to say since obviously you've made your choice..... and do not grasp this election, what it means, and what's at stake should Hillary and her thugs seize control of Washington....

I'm actually more concerned about what Trump and his Militants and thugs will do once they seize control of Washington.    We get death threats from the Trump Militant for refusing to vote for him - we haven't received such threats from Hillary's mob of Commies.

That your prince says the Constitution is not a suicide pact when asked about following Separation of Powers - puts him as egregiously dangerous as Hillary, if not moreso given his penchant to publicly destroy and demagogue those who will not support him.

That is a clear sign of a tyrant with the kind of power your mobs seek to give him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775