Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78162 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I tried that many posts back and I was told we need to "milk it" for what it's worth.  :thud:
Oh come one, name names. I thought you said you didn't like that behind the back stuff.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline wolfcreek

Oh come one, name names. I thought you said you didn't like that behind the back stuff.

Did you even read what I was responding to?

Offline youknowwho

Gallup says after the Trump Party Convention, 51% were "less likely to vote Republican" while only 36% were "more likely". This is the worst showing since they began asking this question around 1980 something. That is negative fifteen!

Hillary also had a terrible unbounce, but her negative was only four percent.

Still two horrible candidates and two convention dips instead if bounces.

Just wait until word gets out that Trump is moving farther left on immigration.

:whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

But...but...that will bring in the illegal immigrant vote!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
But...but...that will bring in the illegal immigrant vote!

Proof that he's planning 7 turns ahead playing 6th dimensional chess!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Vulcan

I think that if all of us on this site, and others like it, were to 100% get behind and vote for Trump, he would still lose. It is not us, coming up with "leftist" talking points that are doing him in. Trump is doing himself in. He has insulted a lot of people and seems as if he is going to continue to do so.
Add Koch Bros, a Fire Marshall, a Gold Star family, and a General to the list, in under one week.
Hatred of Clinton will not be enough to overcome Trump's own hatred of others.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
True enough—and I'll admit I was very slow to accept him for those very reasons—but compared to Barack Obama, and even seeing what Obama had done, especially unchecked, it should have been a no-brainer.

Yet we see, time and again, how people with no brains vote.

@jmyrlefuller

I have to admit that I was as wrong to not take Bathhouse Barry seriously his first run as the GOP were to not take Reagan seriously. I thought "There is no way anybody not a black racists or a retard can even consider voting for that no-nothing,done-nothing piece of AA crap,so no need to get excited,"

Boy was I wrong!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Still two horrible candidates and two convention dips instead if bounces.

@geronl

True dat. If EITHER were running against anyone else that had never been in rehab or a mental institution,they would lose by a historical landslide.

I honestly think pretty much anybody could beat either one in a head to head battle.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Then you'll live in political irrelevance for the rest of your days. Enjoy.

@wolfcreek

No problem. I would rather be politically irrelevant that have to live with being party to destroying America.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@youknowwho

You SHOULD be right by all that IS right,but I don't think you are because by now it is a Orange Julius Cult,and he can do no wrong. His followers are going to vote for him no matter what he says or does.

Offline JustPassinThru

Ya know its coming.

Personally I find it sad that so many think that we're such herd animals that a few simple words from Ted Cruz would have driven us to support an amoral man like Trump.

You make a good point - but that is not the point.  If you'll pardon my wording.

It isn't the endorsement - it is the PROSTRATION before God the Donald, that the cult-followers are demanding.  The Orange Julius demands, not support but WORSHIP.

Cruz withheld worship.  As would any rational man who was so slandered.  Cruz probably reasonably believes that not filing a blizzard of lawsuits is forgiveness enough.  Not staging a floor fight, demanding an oral delegate vote, is the adult way of making peace.

And reasonable adults would agree.  Cult worshippers proselytizing a new religion around a new god, would not agree.  Like converts everywhere, at all times, they're overwhelmed with the murderous zeal of the fanatic.

Cruz must be destroyed.  For Thou Shalt Have NO OTHER GOD before Donald.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

And reasonable adults would agree.  Cult worshippers proselytizing a new religion around a new god, would not agree.  Like converts everywhere, at all times, they're overwhelmed with the murderous zeal of the fanatic.

Donald?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30lGrarz3MQ
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You make a good point - but that is not the point.  If you'll pardon my wording.

It isn't the endorsement - it is the PROSTRATION before God the Donald, that the cult-followers are demanding.  The Orange Julius demands, not support but WORSHIP.

Cruz withheld worship.  As would any rational man who was so slandered.  Cruz probably reasonably believes that not filing a blizzard of lawsuits is forgiveness enough.  Not staging a floor fight, demanding an oral delegate vote, is the adult way of making peace.

Interesting article on Ted Cruz from Jennifer Rubin no less.

About that ‘political suicide’ thing …

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/08/01/about-that-political-suicide-thing/?postshare=1771470096489740&tid=ss_tw-bottom

By refusing, no matter what, to abandon Trump, they reassure him that no matter how cruel, how lacking in empathy and how ignorant he may be, Republicans will discredit themselves to defend him. Cruz meanwhile, keeps his dignity, his intellectual integrity and 2020 aspirations alive.

Who, remind us again, made the career-ending mistake in Cleveland?

Online Hoodat

How much faith and trust did you have in the GOP before the primaries?

I'll bet none yet, you're NOW worried about their existence??

You will not find the word 'worry' in my post.  'Worry' is nothing more than interest paid in advance on a debt that never becomes due.  The only ones worrying here are the Trump supporters who are now coming to the realization that without Conservative support, their liberal boy is going to lose.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Interesting article on Ted Cruz from Jennifer Rubin no less.

About that ‘political suicide’ thing …

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/08/01/about-that-political-suicide-thing/?postshare=1771470096489740&tid=ss_tw-bottom

By refusing, no matter what, to abandon Trump, they reassure him that no matter how cruel, how lacking in empathy and how ignorant he may be, Republicans will discredit themselves to defend him. Cruz meanwhile, keeps his dignity, his intellectual integrity and 2020 aspirations alive.

Who, remind us again, made the career-ending mistake in Cleveland?

Jennifer Rubin is right for a change.

Its TOO DAMN BAD she wasn't perceptive enough to realize this back when Cruz could've used a little more support from the establishment types.

No doubt she'll have forgotten all of this the next time a worthless establishment RINO steps up and runs against Cruz in 2020.

Offline wolfcreek

You will not find the word 'worry' in my post.  'Worry' is nothing more than interest paid in advance on a debt that never becomes due.  The only ones worrying here are the Trump supporters who are now coming to the realization that without Conservative support, their liberal boy is going to lose.

You didn't answer the question. What happened to the "I didn't leave the GOP, they left me" meme I've heard repeated over the last several years?

Now you can stand the thought of their demise?

Offline JustPassinThru

Jennifer Rubin is right for a change.

Its TOO DAMN BAD she wasn't perceptive enough to realize this back when Cruz could've used a little more support from the establishment types.

No doubt she'll have forgotten all of this the next time a worthless establishment RINO steps up and runs against Cruz in 2020.

That was strategic.  The RINO wing of the NeverTrumpers, are mostly covert Hillarites.

While the RINOs have made peace with Trumpkins, they still favor Madame Rodham be coronated.  That's a two-fer - they can say nyeer-nyeer at the base, try to show what fools they were to challenge the Wisdom Of The Elites; and they have a predictable print-and-spend Leftist in power.  The cash stream will keep on flowing; and they'll get non-Americans to do the jobs Americans won't do.  Like, vote Leftist.

They can live with Trump, if it comes to that.  But, CRUZ?  With those radical ideas, like Federalism and balanced budgets and the Constitution?  NO...EFFIN'...WAY.

That's where the lovely Ms.  Rubin is coming from.  She's told to think that and to write that.  And for those reasons.  And she probably believes them, to the effect she cares at all.

Far ahead is a perquisite...DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY, to somebody or other.  IF she shows she's a good, loyal Party soldier.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:08:32 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline kartographer

You didn't answer the question. What happened to the "I didn't leave the GOP, they left me" meme I've heard repeated over the last several years?

I left the party, because it was taken over by a bunch of yahoos and their 'orange' God.

But don't worry so much wolf, for people who believe that their man is the best thing since the virgin birth you trumpsters have little confidence that your little orange god can pull it off. I have no doubt that he will beat 'hittlary', for one thing NO one since the fall of Rome knows more about bread and circuses than 'The Thumpster' does. After he wins American will get just what it deserves, that's the scary part, because it will be just what we deserve.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:38:11 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline skeeter

That was strategic.  The RINO wing of the NeverTrumpers, are mostly covert Hillarites.

While the RINOs have made peace with Trumpkins, they still favor Madame Rodham be coronated.  That's a two-fer - they can say nyeer-nyeer at the base, try to show what fools they were to challenge the Wisdom Of The Elites; and they have a predictable print-and-spend Leftist in power.  The cash stream will keep on flowing; and they'll get non-Americans to do the jobs Americans won't do.  Like, vote Leftist.

They can live with Trump, if it comes to that.  But, CRUZ?  With those radical ideas, like Federalism and balanced budgets and the Constitution?  NO...EFFIN'...WAY.

That's where the lovely Ms.  Rubin is coming from.  She's told to think that and to write that.  And for those reasons.  And she probably believes them, to the effect she cares at all.

Far ahead is a perquisite...DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY, to somebody or other.  IF she shows she's a good, loyal Party soldier.

I can't see anything here I disagree with. You remind me how much I utterly and completely despise the establishment GOP.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:22:14 am by skeeter »

Online Hoodat

In answer to your question, I had little faith in the GOP primary process before, but I had high hope that it would be corrected due to the hard work Ted Cruz put into his ground game at the state level bringing the power of the Party back to those at the grass roots level who support the GOP throughout the whole four years - not just those who show up to stand in line for five minutes and cast a primary vote.  That hope ended in Cleveland when Trump delegates sided with those running the RNC and voted to cede even more power to the chairman.

I soberly accept their demise, cemented by their decision to nominate a liberal Democrat as their 2016 Presidential candidate and placing the reins of that campaign back into the hands of the last person to defeat Ronald Reagan back in 1976.

Did the GOP leave me?  Absolutely.  It has been a long-term process, but their contempt for Conservatives like me is now indisputable.  This battered wife has had enough.

I will continue to support Conservative candidates.  In the future, if Republicans decide to nominate Conservative candidates, then they will certainly have my vote.  I guarantee it.  But I will not vote for a Big Government liberal who has nothing but contempt for everything I hold dear simply because he decided to put an 'R' beside his name.

#NeverLiberal
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

I will continue to support Conservative candidates.  In the future, if Republicans decide to nominate Conservative candidates, then they will certainly have my vote.  I guarantee it.  But I will not vote for a Big Government liberal who has nothing but contempt for everything I hold dear simply because he decided to put an 'R' beside his name.

#NeverLiberal

Hear, hear.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline wolfcreek

I left the party, because it was taken over by a bunch of yahoos and their 'orange' God.

But don't worry so much wolf, for people who believe that their man is the best thing since the virgin birth you trumpsters have little confidence that your little orange god can pull it off. I have no doubt that he will beat 'hittlary', for one thing NO one since the fall of Rome knows more about bread and circuses than 'The Thumpster' does. After he wins American will get just what it deserves, that's the scary part, because it will be just what we deserve.

No one is perfect but, Hillary is the devil. That's the way I see it.

Offline wolfcreek

I can't see anything here I disagree with. You remind me how much I utterly and completely despise the establishment GOP.

That's what I don't get. I was hearing how the GOPe sucked back in 2007 when I was at TOS. Now, those same people are concern Trumps is destroying them.  :pondering:

Offline wolfcreek

In answer to your question, I had little faith in the GOP primary process before, but I had high hope that it would be corrected due to the hard work Ted Cruz put into his ground game at the state level bringing the power of the Party back to those at the grass roots level who support the GOP throughout the whole four years - not just those who show up to stand in line for five minutes and cast a primary vote.  That hope ended in Cleveland when Trump delegates sided with those running the RNC and voted to cede even more power to the chairman.

I soberly accept their demise, cemented by their decision to nominate a liberal Democrat as their 2016 Presidential candidate and placing the reins of that campaign back into the hands of the last person to defeat Ronald Reagan back in 1976.

Did the GOP leave me?  Absolutely.  It has been a long-term process, but their contempt for Conservatives like me is now indisputable.  This battered wife has had enough.

#NeverLiberal

Trouble is, if Hillary manages to appoint a SCOTUS to wholly support the Progressive agenda plus add millions of new Dim voters to the population, there may never be a "conservative" candidate again. A fact conveniently overlooked.

If America hasn't figured out the the country is headed in the wrong direction by now, it may be a long while to the next epiphany.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:30:56 am by wolfcreek »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
That's what I don't get. I was hearing how the GOPe sucked back in 2007 when I was at TOS. Now, those same people are concern Trumps is destroying them.  :pondering:

Well, I think people need to ask what the GOPe is being replaced with.  Closing down our open and free society, which has given us the greatest standard of living in the history of human civilization?  Eliminating the Republic in favor of a pure democracy?  Spending $500 billion on infrastructure with no indication as to where the money will come from?  Raising the minimum wage?

TEA Party to me represented a movement toward a smaller federal government that operates more in line with constitutional principles.  I see nothing in Donald Trump that indicates he has this goal in mind when he talks about "making America great again."