Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78105 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What it doesn't explain is why the GOP has decided to get fully on board with Trump and drive constitutional conservatives from the party.

OH but it does! That is a purely inside the beltway pneumonia and they went with it because they were scared literally to DEATH that Ted Cruz would actually CHANGE things inside that whore's nest!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I absolutely agree, Bigun.  The stalking horse theory was pretty obvious from the outset, and nothing has happened to change my opinion that Trump is just helping his corrupt buddies.

btw, what year is that Bloomberg quote from?  Wow............ is that an indictment!

I don't know! I saw that graphic somewhere else and stole it to post here because I KNOW it to be the truth based on my own personal investigation of Trump's history.

He did say something very similar at the Democrat Convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvay32I6mbc&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:13:02 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
OH but it does! That is a purely inside the beltway pneumonia and they went with it because they were scared literally to DEATH that Ted Cruz would actually CHANGE things inside that whore's nest!

My copy of "A time for Truth" just arrived this morning.

My mother has read it and says Ted Cruz lays out a pretty damning case against the establishment as an overall governing power that is both democrat and republican combined and that nothing short of a political revolution will break it.

Ted Cruz has been revolutionary in his willingness to take on both sides. When he speaks about things like Bengahzi, he's the only one who speaks of guilt on both sides of the aisle for what was really going on there.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
My copy of "A time for Truth" just arrived this morning.

My mother has read it and says Ted Cruz lays out a pretty damning case against the establishment as an overall governing power that is both democrat and republican combined and that nothing short of a political revolution will break it.

Ted Cruz has been revolutionary in his willingness to take on both sides. When he speaks about things like Bengahzi, he's the only one who speaks of guilt on both sides of the aisle for what was really going on there.

All I can add to that is a hearty  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Nickname

What it doesn't explain is why the GOP has decided to get fully on board with Trump and drive constitutional conservatives from the party.

Personally, I don't believe Trump's deliberately throwing it to Hillary. Trump is all about Trump and the Trump brand, and he's destroying his reputation and brand with this vanity run. I don't see him purposefully sacrificing that to the Clintons. If he loses, there are a lot of people who won't want to be associated or seen in public with him after this. I think he'll be a pariah in the circles he's used to running in.

As for the GOP, I think they wrote this election off a while ago, but Trump has some usefulness to them while they're saddled with him. Namely, driving out conservatives and consolidating power for themselves. All they have to do to eliminate conservative opposition to their short-term goals is paint it as being anti-Trump.

Long term, I have no idea how the GOP might rebuild it's image after this debacle, or if it's even possible. Guess I don't really care at this point.

Offline wolfcreek

Nope. Proper planning prevents panic.

Bury the firearms and ammunition I don't expect to need right away.  I have spots picked out but things have been mighty busy around and I'd just as soon not have someone stumble across a cache.

Hide some more of the supplies. Print out a few more things I don't have in hard copy and pick up some stuff I can get cheap now that will make good trading stock or allow me to make things to trade.

Make popcorn and watch the end of the world on teevee until the ICBM launch.
I should be able to see at least some of the birds going up from outside.

Duck and cover.

We do all that anyway.

Offline wolfcreek

Let's just keep pounding this thread into the frickin' ground, shall we??  Maybe someday we can finally get to the bottom of it.

For God's sake, would one of you so-called "Mods" please lock this thread??  Enough is enough!!

:chairbang:

I tried that many posts back and I was told we need to "milk it" for what it's worth.  :thud:

Offline wolfcreek

I've already gone on the record as calling for the impeachment of both of them just to hedge my bets.

Right, like that will stop any of them.

Offline Bunny Watson

And to think that I was an avid Donald Trump supporter right out of the gate when he announced.

Among all seventeen (17) in the field, I chose him.

And here I am.   And there you are.

You should see the view from up dear, my Lady!   :laugh:

The thing about being on top of the dung pile is that, even if you're on top, it still reeks. I'm not sure that's anything to brag about.

Online Hoodat

And to think that I was an avid Donald Trump supporter right out of the gate when he announced.

Among all seventeen (17) in the field, I chose him.

How odd.  In a race with sixteen Republicans and one Democrat, you chose the Democrat at the onset.  Looks like you win either way, whether Trump wins or not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
How odd.  In a race with sixteen Republicans and one Democrat, you chose the Democrat at the onset.  Looks like you win either way, whether Trump wins or not.

LOL!  It's been said before in my life that my 'baseball IQ' is off the charts. But obviously it pertains to political acumen as well!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cripplecreek

If you will check the history of the GOP,you will discover  there were never conservatives at the top until Goldwater,and then Reagan came along . They used to be known as "Country Club Republicans" because the party was owned by Old Eastern Country Club monied families. The Bush Crime Family got their start by marrying into the Harriman family and bank.

These people considered conservatives as much of a threat to them as the leftists/globalists of the Roosevelt generation taking over control of the Dim Party. They sat silent while the left pilloried Goldwater to the point that after the election even Goldwater said "I don't blame the voters for not voting for me. If all *I* knew about me were what was reported in the media,I wouldn't have voted for me,either."

The Dims and the Country Club Republians (both globalist leftists at heart,with the Dims leaning communist and the GOP leaning fascist) were caught napping by Reagan. By the time they woke up and realized he was a genuine danger to their control over the Republican Party,it was already too late. He had already won the primary. The GOP solution to this problem was to saddle him with that evil bastard Poppy Bush as his VP,so that the Country Club globalists would have a foot in the door and advantage when Reagan could no longer run for office. They told him at the convention that if he didn't accept Poppy as his running mate the GOP would give him zero support in his run for the WH.

And it's been nothing but one Globalist SOB after another ever since the end of Reagans second term,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@Cripplecreek

The Dims and the Country Club Republians (both globalist leftists at heart,with the Dims leaning communist and the GOP leaning fascist) were caught napping by Reagan. By the time they woke up and realized he was a genuine danger to their control over the Republican Party,it was already too late. He had already won the primary. The GOP solution to this problem was to saddle him with that evil bastard Poppy Bush as his VP,so that the Country Club globalists would have a foot in the door and advantage when Reagan could no longer run for office. They told him at the convention that if he didn't accept Poppy as his running mate the GOP would give him zero support in his run for the WH.

And it's been nothing but one Globalist SOB after another ever since the end of Reagans second term,

Good summary. The GOP has had their antenna out for another Reagan since 88 - they won't be caught napping again.

Cruz came the closest. And his experience is a testament to the lengths the GOP will go to avoid another Reagan 'mistake'.

Offline youknowwho

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

I chose Donald Trump because the Republican Party 'leadership' proved to be political eunuchs who also happened to be liars to the Republican voters who gave the both House and Senate majorities in the 2 mid-terms during Obama's reign of terror.

There is no opposition party, so I went with the successful outsider who as a globally known figure...a celebrity of sorts who knows how to fix problems.

That's the beginning and end of my 'love' for Donald Trump.

Except that he's got incredible children.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Exactly. They could make deals with Trump. Cruz had already demonstrated he'd stand his ground against the GOPe, which was precisely why he "wasn't well liked" by members of his own party. (Which Trump supporters tried to use against him.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Cripplecreek

If you will check the history of the GOP,you will discover  there were never conservatives at the top until Goldwater,and then Reagan came along . They used to be known as "Country Club Republicans" because the party was owned by Old Eastern Country Club monied families.

It ain't a coincidence it is called the 'Grand Old Party'.  The party's conscience is permanently one of a 'Rockefeller Republican' and it can think of no better person to run this country than a NY Republican every term.  Ford, Bush Senior, Romney, are all of this mold, as of course was Nelson Rockefeller.

Putting a brash Goldwater, Reagan or a Cruz just goes against its entire grain.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

It ain't a coincidence it is called the 'Grand Old Party'.  The party's conscience is permanently one of a 'Rockefeller Republican' and it can think of no better person to run this country than a NY Republican every term.  Ford, Bush Senior, Romney, are all of this mold, as of course was Nelson Rockefeller.

Putting a brash Goldwater, Reagan or a Cruz just goes against its entire grain.

The voters bear considerable blame as well. Many conservatives are too fickle and too impatient. It leads to rash and often contradictory behavior and kills forward momentum.

Just a few years ago conservatives were cheering the Citizens united ruling in the supreme court. A while later they cheered even louder when Justice Alito called Obama a liar when Obama lied about citizens united during the SOTU address. Today many of those same conservatives sound more like Harry Reid railing on about the Koch brothers.

People should pay heed to Sam Houston's warning against engaging in the Civil war and apply those words to politics.

Let me tell you what is coming. After the sacrifice of countless millions of treasure and hundreds of thousands of lives, you may win Southern independence if God be not against you, but I doubt it. I tell you that, while I believe with you in the doctrine of states rights, the North is determined to preserve this Union. They are not a fiery, impulsive people as you are, for they live in colder climates. But when they begin to move in a given direction, they move with the steady momentum and perseverance of a mighty avalanche; and what I fear is, they will overwhelm the South. - Sam Houston

Simply stated, Be the avalanche and move with the steady momentum and perseverance. (I would have used the term "Glacier".)

Online DCPatriot

The voters bear considerable blame as well. Many conservatives are too fickle and too impatient. It leads to rash and often contradictory behavior and kills forward momentum.

Just a few years ago conservatives were cheering the Citizens united ruling in the supreme court. A while later they cheered even louder when Justice Alito called Obama a liar when Obama lied about citizens united during the SOTU address. Today many of those same conservatives sound more like Harry Reid railing on about the Koch brothers.

People should pay heed to Sam Houston's warning against engaging in the Civil war and apply those words to politics.

Let me tell you what is coming. After the sacrifice of countless millions of treasure and hundreds of thousands of lives, you may win Southern independence if God be not against you, but I doubt it. I tell you that, while I believe with you in the doctrine of states rights, the North is determined to preserve this Union. They are not a fiery, impulsive people as you are, for they live in colder climates. But when they begin to move in a given direction, they move with the steady momentum and perseverance of a mighty avalanche; and what I fear is, they will overwhelm the South. - Sam Houston

Simply stated, Be the avalanche and move with the steady momentum and perseverance. (I would have used the term "Glacier".)

I recall reading and 'speaking' with each other over the many years on TOS...and like @sinkspur , I can't recall ever disagreeing with your take on a scandal/event during that period.

It's a damned shamed you're not able to break away from the 'Conservative-Leader' paradigm.  Always comparing one's pedigree to one man's accomplishments...one who was not timid in speaking of his faith and love of the country in an engaging manner.  The Gipper.

You're sitting at a poker table with your big pile of chips, and the stupid guy to your right just went "all in".  And your hand demands you can't fold.

That's what we're facing this election.

The Democrats are sooo confident that they've put up the most corrupt and deceitful politician in the Party.  Because she's a woman.  (Hey, it worked with a black man, why not a woman that draws sympathy?)

Until you face yourself in the mirror and admit that there's NOBODY on the planet which the GOP possessed...that could step forward as a candidate that would draw enough voters across the spectrum...to defeat the Democrat Clinton/Obama machine....then you can stop reading now.

Donald Trump...like him or hate him...is the vehicle we have right now.  And we should be damned lucky, because he's the ONLY man that is capable of pulling it off.

All it takes to save the Supreme Court...to maybe stop the invasion of God knows who/what/where....to stop the repeal of the 2nd and other Amendments/Bill of Rights...is for you to vote.   For him.

You don't have to like him.   You're even allowed to hate him.

But stop your incessant bullsh*t and vote for Donald Trump.     :patriot:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:07:06 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline sinkspur

You don't have to like him.   You're even allowed to hate him.

But stop your incessant bullsh*t and vote for Donald Trump.     :patriot:

Wow.  What a campaign message.  Vote for a man you hate.

No.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Wow.  What a campaign message.  Vote for a man you hate.

No.

The reasons he is 'hated' are critical in this discussion.

It is because he is corrupt, amoral, misogynistic, racist, stupid, mean, vulgar, incapable, ignorant, thoughtless, supports huge government, abortion, Obamacare, the stimulus on steroids.......... just to name a few.

How can you suck it up and vote for a man who opposes every principle you have?

And why should you?    Hillary is no worse.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

Donald Trump...like him or hate him...is the vehicle we have right now.  And we should be damned lucky, because he's the ONLY man that is capable of pulling it off.

Wrong, he was the only candidate capable of losing to Hillary.

There is no "We" about it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

While I suggest that this quote is out-of-date for the Northern tribe of this country, at the time of speech,
"Well said, Sam, a giant of a man"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
There is no "We" about it.

heres a HINT for anybody who thinks that The Donny is Playin to win for himself  And America!!    Barring a Miracle....the final score of this particular GAME is bound to be  Washington Democrats 10,...... America ZERO

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Online Hoodat

I chose Donald Trump because the Republican Party 'leadership' proved to be political eunuchs who also happened to be liars to the Republican voters who gave the both House and Senate majorities in the 2 mid-terms during Obama's reign of terror.

You mean the same Republican Party 'leadership' that Trump just sided with at the Convention, giving Priebus even more power at the expense of the grass roots?  The same Republican Party 'leadership' that Trump made a deal with, allowing them to pick his delegates for him?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-