Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78155 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Donald Trump is good at branding. That's how he has extended his reach in business, through branding.

The only reason that a brand or label sticks is if there is some truth to it. For example, 'low-energy' Jeb worked because it was true; crooked Hillery works because it's true.

If someone is skinny but you call him fatso, they just shrug, while others look at you like your nuts. It doesn't stick.

Lyin' Ted...well, that stuck.

Like you said, some truth: "Ted" was the true part.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I am still hoping that he finds reason to drop out of the race.
He probably will--just about Halloween.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Like you said, some truth: "Ted" was the true part.

Other than to true Trump supporters I don't think "Lyin' Ted" stuck except to the extent it was so outrageous that it was taken as a comment more on Trump than Cruz.  I thought it was unwarranted, and pretty sickening.  One of many bad Trump moments.

"Low-energy", on the other hand, resonated with anyone.  Still a rude, nasty thing to say, but aptly descriptive.

Online Smokin Joe

That wasn't carpet bombing.

I don't know why this is so difficult.  Anyone being remotely honest would acknowledge, "yeah, it was a poor choice of words, but he clarified it and it's been blown out of proportion."   That's fine, but instead, we get the arguing that it really wasn't a poor choice of words at all.

It was.
IIRC, that column was cut off at choke points and worked over by A-10s and other aircraft.

The convoy was three miles long, and the US engaged all of its available aerial attack units to target it. However, bad weather and low visibility was hindering the attack.

First to reach the convoy were USMC A-6E Intruder jets with ammunition of Mark 20 Rockeye cluster bombs. They targeted the front and rear ends of the convoy to prevent it moving back or forwards and thus become a prime target for more attacks. The convoy became cut off.

Subsequently, the entire convoy was attacked by coalition aerial forces for around 10 hours. Any vehicle that diverted off of the highway was tracked, hunted and destroyed.
An A-10 Warthog aircraft pilot who took part in the attacks said that it was like a fireworks show with explosions all over the place.

Highway 8 was also being used by the Iraqi Republican Guard, which was trying to escape Kuwait from that route. US AH-64 Apache helicopters targeted the men and destroyed hundreds of military vehicles including tanks and personnel carriers.
Source:https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/the-kuwait-highway-of-death.html

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Donald Trump is good at lying, deceiving and massive corruption!

#NeverTrump
Donald Trump is the Applewhite of this decade.

Online Smokin Joe

Other than to true Trump supporters I don't think "Lyin' Ted" stuck except to the extent it was so outrageous that it was taken as a comment more on Trump than Cruz.  I thought it was unwarranted, and pretty sickening.  One of many bad Trump moments.

"Low-energy", on the other hand, resonated with anyone.  Still a rude, nasty thing to say, but aptly descriptive.
As a Cruz supporter, every time I saw the "lyin' Ted" crap, frankly, it pissed me off.
I knew where it came from, as Trump will give derogatory nicknames to anyone he considers an adversary:
"little Marco"
"Dopey Prince Al-Walid" (in a business deal)
"Crooked Hillary"

But that says something aobut someone who is running for President. What's next? "Poopy Putin"?
Hardly the sophistication or demeanor one would expect from Presidential material.
As for Cruz being "low Energy", I think there is a difference between being reserved in demeanor and 'low energy'. No one who is out campaigning, running a grueling schedule is (of necessity) 'low energy'. Having a composed and adult demeanor, someone who my grandmother would have felt had good enough manners to be in the parlor, so to speak, is not something I see as a negative. Proper decorum would be nice for a change, considering the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave slapped the Queen of England on the back.

Note, too, that Ronald Reagan spoke calmly, even when angry, and you will see what I mean. This is statecraft, not WWE. Jumping around like a poorly disciplined child may impress some, but it would not play well with heads of State elsewhere, and for all the 'energy' Trump displays, it is voiced as disjointed sentence fragments and incomplete thought trains instead of a directed and coherent mental process.

Beyond one liners, he frays, and I don't see that as a plus.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

As a Cruz supporter, every time I saw the "lyin' Ted" crap, frankly, it pissed me off.
I knew where it came from, as Trump will give derogatory nicknames to anyone he considers an adversary:
"little Marco"
"Dopey Prince Al-Walid" (in a business deal)
"Crooked Hillary"

But that says something aobut someone who is running for President. What's next? "Poopy Putin"?
Hardly the sophistication or demeanor one would expect from Presidential material.
As for Cruz being "low Energy", I think there is a difference between being reserved in demeanor and 'low energy'. No one who is out campaigning, running a grueling schedule is (of necessity) 'low energy'. Having a composed and adult demeanor, someone who my grandmother would have felt had good enough manners to be in the parlor, so to speak, is not something I see as a negative. Proper decorum would be nice for a change, considering the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave slapped the Queen of England on the back.

Note, too, that Ronald Reagan spoke calmly, even when angry, and you will see what I mean. This is statecraft, not WWE. Jumping around like a poorly disciplined child may impress some, but it would not play well with heads of State elsewhere, and for all the 'energy' Trump displays, it is voiced as disjointed sentence fragments and incomplete thought trains instead of a directed and coherent mental process.

Beyond one liners, he frays, and I don't see that as a plus.

"Low energy" destroyed Bush. Not because Bush was actually low energy - you don't govern a state being low energy. He was just boring & wore glasses. The name resonated because of the image Bush projected.

The "Lyin Ted" meme was a Trump camp fabrication that only worked as an integral part of their strategy of attacking what in reality is Cruz's strength - his integrity.

Of course those who still think the insult is cute know its bogus & continue to troll using it. I guess that makes them dishonest.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:51:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It's stuck with Rush and Hannity...they both would use it...repeatedly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

I'm not sure if he's a racist, though I do think he's a sexist.  But so is Hillary (more so, even), so that really doesn't enter the calculus for me.

I get your point.  I'm voting for Trump, but I absolutely cannot understand those who support him, but can't/won't admit that he's a turdball in many ways.  He is a very, very crappy consolation prize.  But honestly, in watching the DNC, that party has gone completely off the rails.  They have leapt on identity politics and collectivism to a degree that would have ashamed even many Democrats in 2008.  So, warts and all, I vote for him.

As a wart, he's ugly and hairy, but at least he's benign.  He can be cut out or removed at some point, 4 years max.  But those Dems over in Philly are malignant.  They have an organization, machine, committed doctrine, intensely loyal interest groups, and a good slice of the judiciary behind them.   They will grow, and spread if they aren't stopped.

I believe Trump and Hillary have been produced from the same political machine and both the DNC and RNC have gone off the rails.  If those in power have been unable to remove Barry with a majority in both Houses do you think they'd be able to get rid of Trump or stop him?  If King Trump is crowned he's in there for the long haul; however long it takes to fulfill the objective of those in power. If the RNC/GOPe didn't want him in position they would have supported Cruz and at the convention they would have stuck to their own rules.  Instead they bypassed some of their own rules, stripped other candidates of delegates and denied delegates a roll call vote.  "They" wanted him in place.  There are reasons Trump met with Ryan and Preibus long before the convention.  The fix is in for Hillary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Just_Victor

"Low energy" destroyed Bush. Not because Bush was actually low energy - you don't govern a state being low energy. He was just boring & wore glasses. The name resonated because of the image Bush projected.

The "Lyin Ted" meme was a Trump camp fabrication that only worked as an integral part of their strategy of attacking what in reality is Cruz's strength - his integrity.

Of course those who still think the insult is cute know its bogus & continue to troll using it. I guess that makes them dishonest.

Calling them "dishonest" is being kind.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online Smokin Joe

One more reason to not tune in either one of them. I consider them as accurate as the National Enquirer, and I don't have a virtual birdcage to line.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
IIRC, that column was cut off at choke points and worked over by A-10s and other aircraft.

That is correct.

Hog drivers made mincemeat out of Sadaam's retreating army.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am still hoping that he finds reason to drop out of the race.

@libertybele

I still think he will in Sept or Oct,and the poll numbers show him losing. He's Donald Trump,and Donald Trump is NOT a loser. His ego could never tolerate him losing that publicly because he wouldn't be able to deny losing. Losing is for losers,not people named Donald Trump.

And he will spend the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the President of the United States if I wanted,but I decided the job was beneath me,so I dropped out of the race."

I have no idea what the alleged Republicans will do if they don't just hold an emergency RNC meeting and declare the VP candidate to be the Presidential candidate,and appoint a VP running mate because there won't be time to run another primary. IF they do this,expect JEB or someone like him to be the running mate. The RNC may even find legal wiggle room to have Pense step down and accept JEB or some other globalist as the candidate.

Even under those circumstances I could see a Pence beating Bubbette! and becoming president because Trump not being on the ticket will energize the conservatives to vote "R",but with JEB or someone like him on the top of the ticket means a Bubbette! win.  JEB might even poison a Republican ticket as the VP candidate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Hannity is a ninny & Rush is a bore. Both have been loyal shills for the Donster.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Hannity is a ninny & Rush is a bore. Both have been loyal shills for the Donster.

Hannity needs to have  his tailor fabricate some cushion knee pads into his suits for comfort.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Hannity needs to have  his tailor fabricate some cushion knee pads into his suits for comfort.

I can still tolerate Rush, mostly for old times sake.

I cannot tolerate Hannity. He is shmutz of the first order.

Offline Suppressed

I'm cool with carpet bombing. It would probably be considerably more effective than this was which was more smaller cluster bombs and precision munitions. As bad as it looks, it really didn't kill the numbers of personnel we once believed it killed. If you look closely a lot of the vehicles are largely untouched with doors hanging open from drivers getting out and fleeing.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Okay, I see the point you were making there.  But targeting a specific vehicle convoy isn't carpet-bombing by definition.

It is from a tactical POV,if not from a "Big AF Strategic" POV,and it only takes enough bombers to cover that specific area and do the job necessary.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:32:26 pm by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is correct.

Hog drivers made mincemeat out of Sadaam's retreating army.

@INVAR    @Smokin Joe

If you are on the ground in the area where a Spooky gun ship or a flight of A-10's are working over,it's awful hard to convince you that SOMEBODY ain't being bombed when you are closer than "danger close" and can feel the ground vibrate from the cannon strikes.

Offline youknowwho

I believe Trump and Hillary have been produced from the same political machine and both the DNC and RNC have gone off the rails.  If those in power have been unable to remove Barry with a majority in both Houses do you think they'd be able to get rid of Trump or stop him?  If King Trump is crowned he's in there for the long haul; however long it takes to fulfill the objective of those in power. If the RNC/GOPe didn't want him in position they would have supported Cruz and at the convention they would have stuck to their own rules.  Instead they bypassed some of their own rules, stripped other candidates of delegates and denied delegates a roll call vote.  "They" wanted him in place.  There are reasons Trump met with Ryan and Preibus long before the convention.  The fix is in for Hillary.

I don't know, but I read somewhere that one of Trump's long time business friends, bails him out frequently  and has connections with THE DNC or Clinton,  has begun pumping money into the 3rd parties.

Who does that help? Hitlery... and this guy actually said he supports Trump..... do with that what you will. ....

Offline Suppressed

Good one!  :laugh:

To give what credit I can... It's a very quickly constructed nod to what I think was the very first humorous current-events image  I ever saw online, way back before there was a web and you had to decode ASCII-encoded files downloaded from USENET. 

It's stuck with me all years, but I can't begin to give exact credit as I don't recall the original artist...who probably used Photoshop version 1.0!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

I can still tolerate Rush, mostly for old times sake.

I cannot tolerate Hannity. He is shmutz of the first order.

I have never been able to handled the dullard Hannity.

But this past week was the first time I turned on Rush and had to turn it off again soon thereafter.  Sad.  I listened to him in the 80s, and went to the taping of his TV show in the 90s.
+++++++++

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR    @Smokin Joe

If you are on the ground in the area where a Spooky gun ship or a flight of A-10's are working over,it's awful hard to convince you that SOMEBODY ain't being bombed when you are closer than "danger close" and can feel the ground vibrate from the cannon strikes.

Just the DU rounds alone impacting the ground can be felt almost mile away, not to mention JDAMS or Hellfires. Then there's that sound after the impacts of "BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPP!" followed by the scream of the engines whistling by as the Hog peels up and away, sometimes dropping chaff and flares as it goes.

Spooky you never hear.  You just get to watch the carnage of the mini guns laying everything waste or the whumps of the Howitzers or the Bofors impacting targets.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I have never been able to handled the dullard Hannity.

But this past week was the first time I turned on Rush and had to turn it off again soon thereafter.  Sad.  I listened to him in the 80s, and went to the taping of his TV show in the 90s.

I could never stand Hannity.  The melees on his shows with Leftists were nauseating and I couldn't handle hearing  "Let me tell you something" about a dozen times a minute.

Rush I permanently turned off about a month ago and canceled my 24/7 when it became obvious he was totally in the tank for his golf buddy and sacrificed everything we thought he stood for for a stalking horse for Hillary.  It was painful to hear him spin Trump's Liberalism as something of a good thing for the GOP.  The last straw was when I heard him yell at a woman who was a Cruz supporter than not voting for Trump was a vote for Hillary.

Oh well.  We were told that there would be a massive falling away from the truth at the time of the end.  I guess this is just another form of it taking shape