Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78158 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I voted to end this irrelevant thread.

Who's wit me?
No, I say we milk for all its worth. It's been very enlightening into the actions and rationale of Trump and his supporters.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

It's not because "the system is rigged" -- it's because there aren't enough conservatives,

I will be conservative if I am the only one left. I am not going to vote 180 degrees away from my beliefs for Trump.

Offline Night Hides Not

Fact is that Trump retaliated against the wrong people.

Do you really want that finger on the nuclear button?

:da man:

:hands:

:thumbsup:

That ranks as high, if not higher, on my priority list than SCOTUS appointments. There's no provision for "advise and consent" when the nuke is detonated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:05:21 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You misunderstand me.  I'm an not arguing for support of a more moderate candidate.  I am arguing that calls for a third party are ignoring the real reason we don't nominate conservatives.  It's not because "the system is rigged" -- it's because there aren't enough conservatives, and I recognize that "conservative" is a word about which people disagree.  But however you define it, the point remains.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I strongly disagree. EVERY time an actual conservative "America First" candidate runs for public office,they win.

Which is why the RNC leadership goes to great pains to keep conservatives from running,and do their damndest to corrupt any conservative candidate that slips past them by forcing RNC-approved campaign officials off on them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fact is that Trump retaliated against the wrong people.

Do you really want that finger on the nuclear button?

@Smokin Joe

Joe,what could possibly go wrong with giving a narcissistic sociopath the nuclear launch codes?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You misunderstand me.  I'm an not arguing for support of a more moderate candidate.  I am arguing that calls for a third party are ignoring the real reason we don't nominate conservatives.  It's not because "the system is rigged" -- it's because there aren't enough conservatives, and I recognize that "conservative" is a word about which people disagree.  But however you define it, the point remains.

Whether or not a particular GOP nominee is acceptable is going to vary widely between people, and perhaps depending on who the other party has nominated.  I'm simply saying that the only way to elect another "real" conservative is to 1) find the right person, and 2) build a coalition that can elect him/her.
Thing is, that this time the GOP was ripe to nominate a Conservative.
Not just another 'election year' conservative, but a guy who had walked the walk, too.

The GOP hierarchy didn't want a Conservative--my God, a man who would take a principled stand is bad for bid'ness, especially the scam the Congress has been running on the American People for the last seven years.

That scam has angered the GOP voters, I'd safely say 75% of them are dissatisfied with the way things have been done. (40% for Trump, and at least another 35% for 'outsiders').
But, Instead, in anger at their own party, and with a tremendous amount of social media goading (and an unprecedented smear campaign of lies against the Conservative), they nominated Trump.

Another opportunity missed, and considering that Hillary was the likely opponent, a really good one.

Now, when you consider that out of the past seven election cycles, the GOP has, at best, run a right of center candidate, those odds of getting a Conservative candidate are bad and getting worse, not better.

At least with a Third Party, there is no deeply entrenched Washington apparatchik network which must be overcome to run a Conservative--if you start with a Conservative Third Party, and a Conservative Party Platform, the possibility of nominating a Conservative increases phenomenally.

In looking at the Constitution Party,  even allowing for my Originalist bias, there really isn't anything there I wouldn't vote for, and few enough oxen to get gored that most people who want less government would find deal-breakers there.
I challenge you to examine the Constitution Party platform, posted on this site, and comment.

The next part is building support for that party, and keeping the Uniparty from sweeping it off to the side.
While the novelty of a serious candidate from a third party may be able to get some free media, people need to line up behind principles and policies they can support, and build that support from the bottom up, not just the Party, but to run candidates at the local and State and Federal Level.

It will take years to build that, but putting it off isn't getting the job done, and only entrenches the Uniparty a little more. The opportunity is perishable. We have already entered an era where so few laymen (as opposed to attorneys and die-hard politicians) know or understand the Constitution, that those who will read fragments taken out of context will not recognize them. For instance even folks here did not know SCOTUS justices can be impeached (for the same reasons a POTUS or VPOTUS can be, and with the same votes from the same legislative bodies).

What will take the longest, and maybe can't be done without the Party is the reeducation (I hate that word) of the American people as to just how their government is supposed to function, what the Federal Government is --and isn't-- supposed to do, and what Rights, Powers, and Duties the States are supposed to have--all of which was designed to ultimately protect the Liberty of the People.

Repealing the 17th Amendment would help, too.

I believe that if people knew the extent to which the Federal Government had overstepped its legitimate powers, they would want to wind it back a few notches.

As for being enough people, I think there are.

I think a lot of otherwise conservative people heard rash talk that resonated with their anger, an anger born of knowing that the Federal Government is way, way, out of bounds. Consider that on the issues, Cruz and Trump were not so far apart.

I had considered Trump as a second choice--right up until I discovered he was an opportunist, not a genuine Conservative, and saw that reflected again and again in the way he campaigned, not on issues but with personal attacks. Cruz had advocated a wall, a physically secured border back in 2011, Cruz was for restricting the flow of immigrants from terrorist nations and hot spots and vetting them before letting them in. He was for smaller government, a return to Constitutional principles, pro-life, pro- fiscal responsibility, etc...
The differentiating point was created in a vitriolic smear campaign run by his opponent, and those who saw through those smears and did not accept half-truths and untruths at face value but vetted those with primary data widely available did not and do not support the opponent who was the source.

Many of the FRefugees here, many of whom left in disgust, tried to point those departures from truth out and even provided the links to video, transcripts, and factual accounts otherwise, but neither data, facts, nor logic prevailed against those emotions which were whipped to a fever pitch in the Trump camp--not so much for Trump, although that was considerable, as against Cruz, who was close to Trump in the polls, close enough to be a clear threat to Trump's candidacy.

I would submit that while effective, those emotional outbursts are one of the poorest bases to select a candidate on. Still, the significant plurality who decided to accept them generally would not accept (as part of that emotional attachment) that their candidate had any flaws, and in true form decided it was necessary to kill the messenger, and double down rather than look at reality.

I, for one, feel like the best friend who got punched in the mouth for quietly pointing out to the Groom to be that his intended used to be a stripper two towns over. He'll find out eventually, and I won't be Best Man at the wedding. So it goes. Been there, done that, and eventually we'll be friends again--or not, that is up to him. I won't be at the reception party, but I'll still buy him a drink after the divorce.

So, I think it will be with conservatives, or at least the portion of the Republican Party which would vote for a Conservative. But the fact remains, that those who are running the Party (not the average schmuck) have decided they want safeguards against such a revolt again, and quietly put them in place during the Convention. They want to maintain their gravy train and while "Conservatism" and "The Constitution" are great are great buzzwords to wave around,  they are concepts toxic to their enterprise in practice. Short of overthrowing that well entrenched good ol' boy network, no meaningful change will come--at least not for the better.

The remaining viable option, as difficult as that may seem, is a Third Party. It will take time. It will take work, and we're burning daylight.

It is how the Republican Party came into existence, and it is how it will fade away.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Joe,what could possibly go wrong with giving a narcissistic sociopath the nuclear launch codes?
HA! I'm in western North Dakota! I have a ringside seat for WWIII!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

You have got to stop with the lie that Cruz or his "people" had anything to do with any photo of the Donald's third wife.  Second, at the time the photo was taken it was with the approval of both of them, the Donald because he wanted to show off his hot new girlfriend, like a trophy, and Melania because she liked being shown off.  If they didn't have a problem with it then, they shouldn't have a problem with it now.

The image was on the COVER of GQ, seen here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3201088/Melania-Trump-Lady-pose-NUDE-talk-incredible-sex-life-Donald-Howard-Stern-rival-Jackie-Kennedy-elegance-style-quiet-strength.html

I'd suggest if it was so offensive, it would not have existed in the first place, much less been on the cover.

C S Lewis

Offline JustPassinThru

Melania was used in a political attack ad by Cruz people first, implying something tawdry about her, and Trump always counterpunches. Think of it as he was defending his wife's honor. Seems politicians are allowed that, aren't they?

It was an independent PAC.

And it wasn't an attack.  It was a reprint of cheesecake photos she was PAID to pose for, in a NATIONAL MAGAZINE.

If you don't want to be seen naked, or in lingerie, then don't have photos published in magazines that run such stuff.

And if you do, and a few years later someone digs it up...it's not an attack.  It's your own poor judgment coming back at you.

MORE proof that Donnie Lord Trumpy has a head packed with Shinola...

Online Smokin Joe

He rewrote the rules on how it's done and won.
Rule rewrites aren't conducted in the middle of the match. He broke the accepted rules. Period. What candidate ever has attacked another candidate's wife like Trump went after Heidi?
Especially considering the 'retaliation' was against people who had not put out the ad.
Ready! Fire! Aim!
Isn't that why someone would bother to put themselves, their families and friends in a contest like this? To win?

Normally, wives and kids aren't fair game, and especially not like that:
The 'My wife is prettier than your wife' bit (Dunno, what's yours look like without make-up?)
The 'She's a mastermind of the global banking cartel' bit (Why isn't she richer than you are Donny?)
The 'She practically wrote NAFTA all by herself, runs the CFR and designed the Amero schtik. (Oh, really? NOT!)
The 'Here's a picture of her having a bad day sitting on the side of the road' pic, 'right next to traffic!' (Ever eat at a sidewalk cafe? walk on a sidewalk? You're likely closer.)

And all because a PAC not affiliated with Cruz posted a COVER image from GQ magazine? Seen as part of this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3201088/Melania-Trump-Lady-pose-NUDE-talk-incredible-sex-life-Donald-Howard-Stern-rival-Jackie-Kennedy-elegance-style-quiet-strength.html

What region devastating war awaits us while (and even after) people figure out the country we are retaliating against is NOT the one who attacked us?  Because he went after the wrong guy, and then lied about it to 'justify' having attacked Heidi Cruz.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Well they weren't Trump people. They were acting on Ted Cruz behalf to help him win among Mormons in Utah. Those were the type of people who were supporting Ted Cruz, moralistic.

So what if the assignments of a successful high fashion model include partial nudity. Have you looked at where the culture is today? I'm sure you look at television and notice fashion magazines and listen to music. We are living in the 21st-century, in case some have failed to notice.
Either it's a 'So what?" no biggie, in which case there was no need to retaliate against anyone. Just another 'nothingburger'.

Actions speak louder than words, and the ensuing attacks were against the wrong people.
But if it was a 'nothingburger', why attack?

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Joe,I may very well be 100 percent off on this one,but I SUSPECT that economic conditions will soon settle to the point where it will be safe for the bankers behind all the off-shore moves and bankruptcy of American manufacturing to suddenly change all the laws they originally had passed to force manufacturing off-shore,and they will bring it back now that they have no competition here and a compliant congress and WH to protect their investments.

Suddenly we will hear cries of "BUY AMERICAN!" again from the ruling class,and all will be well in Gotham.
You may be on to something, there, Pete, but all will never be well in Gotham. It's just how they roll there.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
HA! I'm in western North Dakota! I have a ringside seat for WWIII!

I thought they had shut down the silos out there?

I bought my 39 IHC pickup from a man in Minot.

@Smokin Joe
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:19:47 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You may be on to something, there, Pete, but all will never be well in Gotham. It's just how they roll there.

@Smokin Joe

Joe,as with everything else,it all depends on your perspective,and this case that will depend on which side of the line you live on.

Online DB

Rule rewrites aren't conducted in the middle of the match. He broke the accepted rules. Period. What candidate ever has attacked another candidate's wife like Trump went after Heidi?
Especially considering the 'retaliation' was against people who had not put out the ad.
Ready! Fire! Aim!
Normally, wives and kids aren't fair game, and especially not like that:
The 'My wife is prettier than your wife' bit (Dunno, what's yours look like without make-up?)
The 'She's a mastermind of the global banking cartel' bit (Why isn't she richer than you are Donny?)
The 'She practically wrote NAFTA all by herself, runs the CFR and designed the Amero schtik. (Oh, really? NOT!)
The 'Here's a picture of her having a bad day sitting on the side of the road' pic, 'right next to traffic!' (Ever eat at a sidewalk cafe? walk on a sidewalk? You're likely closer.)

And all because a PAC not affiliated with Cruz posted a COVER image from GQ magazine? Seen as part of this article:

What region devastating war awaits us while (and even after) people figure out the country we are retaliating against is NOT the one who attacked us?  Because he went after the wrong guy, and then lied about it to 'justify' having attacked Heidi Cruz.

It wasn't about being prettier per se. It was all about his trophy and how much more of a winner he is verses Cruz because he has no such trophy in his view. Never mind actual commitment, love and honor - it's about nothing more than winners and losers in Trump's mind. It is just another shiny gold plated object for him to flaunt to show why he is the "greatest".

Online Smokin Joe

I thought they had shut down the silos out there?

I bought my 39 IHC pickup from a man in Minot.

@Smokin Joe
No, that was on the east side. They moved those to Malmstrom. MAFB is closer and we'd be able to see the birds go up...

I have a '41 K model, myself....

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Joe,as with everything else,it all depends on your perspective,and this case that will depend on which side of the line you live on.
Somewhere west or south is a good start...

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
f
No, that was on the east side. They moved those to Malmstrom. MAFB is closer and we'd be able to see the birds go up...

I have a '41 K model, myself....

@Smokin Joe

Cool! Mine is an original unrestored (other than the brakes,and other essential mechanical items) D-2. Love the art deco styling,and most people are shocked to find out I can cruise along down the road at 60 mph in it with the original flathead 6 engine in it. The crank out windshield is what seems to attract the most attention,though.

A word of warning to any potential IHC restorers out there,though. I have or have had Fords,Dodges,Plymouths,and even a off-brand antique Chevrolet,and the IHC parts are harder to find and MUCH more expensive. I'm lucky that mine wasn't missing anything so I didn't have to do much searching for the really hard parts to find,but even the stuff you can't avoid rebuilding like the brakes,wheel bearings,grease seals,water pump,and carb are insanely expensive compared to Ford,Mopar,or GM stuff. Not driving it right now because I just had the head milled 125 thousands to clear up the warp so it would quit leaking oil down the side of the block,and the damn radiator took a dump. Going to cost me more than 500 bucks for a new one and right now I am spending most of my money on my 51 Ford coupe. Hope to get the radiator replaced and start putting new glasses and rubber in the cab this winter. It had glasses when I left Minot,but by the time I got home the door glasses were in tiny pieces down at the bottom. Those old cracked glasses didn't have a chance with the truck bouncing around on my 5 ton equipment trailer.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Smokin Joe

Cool! Mine is an original unrestored (other than the brakes,and other essential mechanical items) D-2. Love the art deco styling,and most people are shocked to find out I can cruise along down the road at 60 mph in it with the original flathead 6 engine in it. The crank out windshield is what seems to attract the most attention,though.

A word of warning to any potential IHC restorers out there,though. I have or have had Fords,Dodges,Plymouths,and even a off-brand antique Chevrolet,and the IHC parts are harder to find and MUCH more expensive. I'm lucky that mine wasn't missing anything so I didn't have to do much searching for the really hard parts to find,but even the stuff you can't avoid rebuilding like the brakes,wheel bearings,grease seals,water pump,and carb are insanely expensive compared to Ford,Mopar,or GM stuff. Not driving it right now because I just had the head milled 125 thousands to clear up the warp so it would quit leaking oil down the side of the block,and the damn radiator took a dump. Going to cost me more than 500 bucks for a new one and right now I am spending most of my money on my 51 Ford coupe. Hope to get the radiator replaced and start putting new glasses and rubber in the cab this winter. It had glasses when I left Minot,but by the time I got home the door glasses were in tiny pieces down at the bottom. Those old cracked glasses didn't have a chance with the truck bouncing around on my 5 ton equipment trailer.

Why not just have the radiator recored?  There are still shops around here that do that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why not just have the radiator recored?  There are still shops around here that do that.

@=Bigun
That's what I am going to do. These big 4 core copper radiator cores ain't cheap. I could get a whole new aluminum radiator and adapt it,but the truck is unmodified and going to stay that way as long as I have it.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I still have the old green diamond six in mine. Also unrestored (K2). I also have electric start, (when it works LOL), otherwise, the hand crank is behind the seat. I need to replace the right rear tire (and tube), and re-do the brakes before I consider going for a drive, though, and I have removed the fuel tank to get it boiled out and kremed. I'll need a new float on the fuel sensor, too, and a new 6 volt battery. It's a labor of love...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:25:31 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I still have the old green diamond six in mine. (K2) I also have electric start, when it works (LOL), otherwise, the hand crank is behind the seat. I need to replace the right rear tire (and tube), and re-do the brakes before I consider going for a drive, though, and I have removed the fuel tank to get it boiled out and kremed. I'll need a new float on the fuel sensor, too, and a new 6 volt battery. It's a labor of love...

Do yourself a favor and start looking around for one of those old seriously substantial drum pullers with the "fingers" that bolt to the lugs, and the center piece you smack a BUNCH with a BFH. The rear hubs on these things slide up on tapered axles with keyways,and there must have been sfome sort of law back in the 30's and 40's against putting grease on the axle stub or the drum where the key goes. After 30 to 50 years of getting hot,cooling down,and growing to the axle,pulling the rear drums is a nightmare. Basically,they use the same drums and puller as the 30's and 40's Mopars.

Best way to deal with pulling them is to smack the hell out of the arm and put tension on the big screw that runs through it. Then let it sit for a while before going back out to it and smacking the brake drum moderately with the BFH all around the outer circumference to let the vibrations help release the death grip the drum has on the axle. Smack the arm to tightern the center screw again,smack the brake drum a few more times,and go off and leave it sit for a while before repeating.  Make sure you don't put enough screw tension on the axle end that you mushroom it. You usually don't get them off the same day you start,but with patience they will pop off eventually. Sometimes you can hear them when they let go even if you are not standing real close.

Also,do yourself a serious favor and replace ALL the hard brake lines with the new copper-nickel brake lines you can bend with your hand and not kink them. They will never rust either inside or out,so you eliminate a problem when you do this. Also replace the rubber brake lines and make sure your emergency brake is adjusted property while you have the drums off. The adjusters can be rusty inside on the old trucks,and it's easier to take them apart,clean the threads and lightly lube them before putting the drums back on. IF you are very lucky,no previous owner has cut the emergency brake cables during a earlier brake job. Remember,you only have a single outlet master cylinder,so if one brake line goes out you lose all your brakes if your ebrake doesn't work.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@=Bigun
That's what I am going to do. These big 4 core copper radiator cores ain't cheap. I could get a whole new aluminum radiator and adapt it,but the truck is unmodified and going to stay that way as long as I have it.

Kool!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kartographer

Melania was used in a political attack ad by Cruz people first, implying something tawdry about her, and Trump always counterpunches. Think of it as he was defending his wife's honor. Seems politicians are allowed that, aren't they?

Yet Trumpers spoke unspeakable things about Cruz's wife and continue to with glee and any man who is worth his salt would never support a man who spoke about and who's followers spoke about their wife so with such gleefully  malignance and they now cry because Cruz wouldn't support Trump what a bunch of two face hypocrites!
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

And by the way Melania is tawdry, but lucky for her she isn't in the same class of tawdry as the rest of the Trump clan!
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."