Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78098 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Cruz won Iowa despite his insistence that he was against subsidies.  Not just corn subsidies but all subsidies while orange crush waffled.  He was against the subsidy before he was for the subsidy.
Actually, within hours of Cruz saying he was against subsidies and the Renewable Fuels Mandate, and Governor Branstad (R-whose son is an ethanol lobbyist) saying "Cruz must be defeated, whatever it takes", Trump came out saying he wanted not only to keep, but increase the Renewable Fuels Mandate and use the EPA to enforce it to the fullest extent of the law.

I saw two things in Trump's statement: Kissing King Corn's ass... (sucking up for gubernatorial support)

And the willingness to strengthen the very agency which has done the most to destroy and drive out American industry. "Make America Great Again"--yeah, right. That was enough Trump for me.

Hang the fact that currently mandated blend volumes of ethanol are nearing the 10% blend wall already, and an increase will only destroy older fuel systems and small engines (everything from lawnmowers and generators to snowmobiles and outboard motors)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

Any person or candidate is ripe for being smeared. It could start with a facebook post that said 'wolfcreek was seen in a trench coat and sneakers self exposing to a playground full of kids' and you'd have to prove you didn't. That's the thing about smears. They aren't true, they never were, but it puts the opposition on the defensive, proving a negative. Any jackwagon with a blurry photo image can start one, and the lie will circle the globe before the truth gets out the door.

Trump didn't hold back punches for anyone. He's equal opportunity as advertised.

geronl

Cruz won Iowa despite his insistence that he was against subsidies.  Not just corn subsidies but all subsidies while orange crush waffled.  He was against the subsidy before he was for the subsidy.

I don't think Trump has ever opposed subsidies for himself and his businesses.

geronl

CNN Poll suggested that 45% of Republicans want a new nominee.  lol

Also that while Ted Cruz' GOP support dropped, his support among independents made up the difference

Offline beandog

Trump didn't hold back punches for anyone. He's equal opportunity as advertised.

The Great Orange tRumpkin is the King of the sucker punch.  It's what cowards do.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
The Great Orange tRumpkin is the King of the sucker punch.  It's what cowards do.

Well put......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Which is precisely the thing that destroyed Republican Party unity, and, coupled with his non-conservative beliefs and megalomania, helped drive many of us to the irrevocable conclusion that we cannot support him.
James 1:20

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Because the best way to beat Democrats is to attack Republicans?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Actually, within hours of Cruz saying he was against subsidies and the Renewable Fuels Mandate, and Governor Branstad (R-whose son is an ethanol lobbyist) saying "Cruz must be defeated, whatever it takes", Trump came out saying he wanted not only to keep, but increase the Renewable Fuels Mandate and use the EPA to enforce it to the fullest extent of the law.

I saw two things in Trump's statement: Kissing King Corn's ass... (sucking up for gubernatorial support)

And the willingness to strengthen the very agency which has done the most to destroy and drive out American industry. "Make America Great Again"--yeah, right. That was enough Trump for me.

Hang the fact that currently mandated blend volumes of ethanol are nearing the 10% blend wall already, and an increase will only destroy older fuel systems and small engines (everything from lawnmowers and generators to snowmobiles and outboard motors)

The Trump Militant to this day completely ignore this fact, and every single other fruit that proves their prince is just another Liberal Democrat tyrant.

But they want revenge and want to see punishment on the people and things they believe Trump will punish.

It's just another statist mob who are grafted to their preferred cult of personality.

Trump makes Fascism fashionable.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,but just look at all the manufacturing and sales jobs that will create!

Anybody that doesn't think the goobermint people,including the Mother Earth kumtwats behind this ain't buying stock in the industries affected just ain't thinking clearly.

Hell,even a retard like Goober Gore made hundreds of millions from exploiting the environment.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because the best way to beat Democrats is to attack Republicans?

@Idaho_Cowboy

What makes you think he has any interest in defeating Dims. His whole damn family are Dims and have been Dims since the 1800's. HE's a Dim.

What he REALLY cares about is profit,and he doesn't care who he hurts as long as he and his family profit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
That's an interesting point you bring up. History is replete with bitter campaigns. Candidates say awful things about each other, always have, always will.
I also recall a candidate who is so bitter about another candidate not liking him, he is going to start a PAC to destroy him.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
@Idaho_Cowboy

What makes you think he has any interest in defeating Dims. His whole damn family are Dims and have been Dims since the 1800's. HE's a Dim.

What he REALLY cares about is profit,and he doesn't care who he hurts as long as he and his family profit.
Good point. I should know better than to let a false premise like that go unaswered. So far as I can tell, Trump is part of the Klinton Klan
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Smokin Joe

No, he didn't...but he hit below the belt.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,but just look at all the manufacturing and sales jobs that will create!

Anybody that doesn't think the goobermint people,including the Mother Earth kumtwats behind this ain't buying stock in the industries affected just ain't thinking clearly.

Hell,even a retard like Goober Gore made hundreds of millions from exploiting the environment.

Yeah, but the manufacturing jobs won't be here. They'll be in China, Pakistan, Vietnam....Sales will be done on the internet, and those servers won't be made here, either, and possibly not located here. Packages are sorted by machine...so maybe, just maybe, out of everything from aggravation to  life threatening situations (offshore a mile or more when the outboard quits in a small craft), maybe one package truck driver, net.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

That's an interesting point you bring up. History is replete with bitter campaigns. Candidates say awful things about each other, always have, always will.
Each other, sure. C'est la guerre. About wives and fathers? Full on attacks on wives and fathers? When was the last campaign that was done?

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Each other, sure. C'est la guerre. About wives and fathers? Full on attacks on wives and fathers? When was the last campaign that was done?

Amen brother, the Trumpkins will retort that "politics a'int beans", which is true, until you have a candidate who feeds their opponents Castor Beans.

Trump set a precedent several times of bottom feeding political rhetoric.  Too bad his cult won't acknowledge that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

Melania was used in a political attack ad by Cruz people first, implying something tawdry about her, and Trump always counterpunches. Think of it as he was defending his wife's honor. Seems politicians are allowed that, aren't they?

Offline biff

I used to think the Democrunts were absolutely the worst of the worst of the bottom feeders in their insulting, hateful ways. However, they cannot hold a candle to the Trumpanzees with their bottom feeding scum-bag insults against "fellow" Republicans. God save the queen, the Republican party is dead.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
implying something tawdry about her,

The woman posed nude in front of a camera.  I don't think "implies" is very descriptive here.  Try the bald faced truth.

Can you cite some truths about the slime Trump spread?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:11:45 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Smokin Joe

Melania was used in a political attack ad by Cruz people first, implying something tawdry about her, and Trump always counterpunches. Think of it as he was defending his wife's honor. Seems politicians are allowed that, aren't they?
Right out of the gate when shown the ad, Cruz responded "that isn't one of ours", which it wasn't.
The ad was run by an independent PAC not connected to the Cruz camp.

Trump flew off the handle and attacked Cruz and his wife, without finding out where the ad came from first, and the rest is a smokescreen of lies to cover Trump's actual first strike on Cruz.

It would be like nuking the Russians and finding out the bomb came from Pakistan...then making up stuff about the Russians to cover your butt.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

The ad was not done by Cruz people.  End of argument.

The original photos had been approved by Trump because they were published in a magazine which appealed to his ego.  So if anything tawdry was implied about Mrs. Trump, it was implied by herself and "Mr." Trump in the original publication.  Hard to argue that a photograph approved by the subject and the subject's husband could be an attack ad, anymore than arguing that one's literal words are a misrepresentation of what one said.

If Trump's counterpunch is excusable on the grounds that he was defending his wife, then there is no argument to be made that Cruz's refusal to endorse Trump, on the same basis, indicts Cruz's character.

And finally, always counterpunching might be an effective personal brand for a megalomaniac, but it is a poor basis for leadership.
James 1:20

Online Smokin Joe

The woman posed nude in front of a camera.  I don't think "implies" is very descriptive here.  Try the bald faced truth.

Can you cite some truths about the slime Trump spread?
Everything you might have wanted to know and more...
Interesting Magazine cover included in the article, with even more info:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3201088/Melania-Trump-Lady-pose-NUDE-talk-incredible-sex-life-Donald-Howard-Stern-rival-Jackie-Kennedy-elegance-style-quiet-strength.html

Will Howard Stern be attending the inaugural ball?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:22:38 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline beandog

You have got to stop with the lie that Cruz or his "people" had anything to do with any photo of the Donald's third wife.  Second, at the time the photo was taken it was with the approval of both of them, the Donald because he wanted to show off his hot new girlfriend, like a trophy, and Melania because she liked being shown off.  If they didn't have a problem with it then, they shouldn't have a problem with it now.

Offline youknowwho

Tweets are generated by individuals not necessarily the media. Can't really control that.

But with Trump and Cruz , they used it against Cruz everytime and never once used any journalistic integrity.  They, as journalists, and media, laughed.  LAUGHED. Well Fox did.  I will say that I was SHIOCKED that Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper were way more fair to Cruz,  when he was attacked by Trump,  than ANYONE at Fox was.  They actually took the lies and slander seriously and presented it as such.