Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78078 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

It's one thing putting zombies out of your misery, but treating other humans as such on a regular basis without qualm is a dangerous place for a culture's head to go. Unfortunately, our culture is going there, and taking with it the concept that might makes right, not just that being right makes right, and might safeguards that. The subtly implanted concept that it is acceptable or preferable to use force without a moral compass nor constraint (other than opposing force) for the sake of spoils is all we need to destroy Western Civilization and take culture back down that dark road from which it emerged.

@Smokin Joe

No argument from me on that one.

Then again,the way *I* see it,the illiterant little mamas boys and other leftist fools growing up today have been TOO sheltered from reality,and some hard doses of what life was like under the control of the royalty or the Soviets/Chinese communists is just the wakeup call some of these dummies need. The gorier,more horrible,and more realistic the better. None of that bloodless and painless instant death. Let them see villagers and soldiers going over a battlefield after a battle,executing the wounded and stealing their clothing,weapons,and money.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:51:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Smokin Joe  @geronl  @INVAR  @Emjay  @Hoodat

If yall are fans of the Bible,nudity and sex shouldn't bother you. The Bible is full of it. Pretty much everybody was  humping everybody in sight,including their own children. If you believe the Bible to be the literal truth,even God got in on the act by impregnating another man's wife.

Still,if it offends you it offends you,and you don't have to make any excuses or apologies if it does.

Howsumever,if you enjoy the historical aspects of GoT but not the nudity and humping,you might enjoy the History Channel show "Vikings". It is based on actual historical figures and tells the story of their lives and the events they participated in while alive,as well as their deaths in many cases. The "hero" of the show is a young Viking named Ragnar,and he was the Viking that originally discovered the British Isles,and made raiding them and Europe into an annual spring sport

Yes,there is some nudity and some implied humping,but nothing compared to the reality of the GoT.

Another thing it shares with the GoT is some pretty damn spectacular scenery.

The only thing is you need to accept this is a story about actual historical people,and actual people back then,especially Viking raiders/berserkers tended to die early.  The show will end when Ragnar ends. You can enjoy the ride while it lasts,or you can do a web search using his name and spoil it for yourself. It's one of those shows you want to go on forever,but it won't.

Actually, I like a little sex and violence as much as the next person, but the episode I saw just seemed so cruel and without heart and there was no one to like.  Maybe I gave up on it too soon, but it just seemed bleak to me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NYC Lawmakers Gearing Up to Give 1 Million Non-Citizens Voting Rightshttp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/06/nyc-lawmakers-gearing-up-to-give-1-million-non-citizens-voting-rights/

There are more non-citizens in NYC than there are people in many western states. Approximately 1/8 of the population of the city proper.

Why, indeed?

(BTW, @sneakypete, nicely played.)

@Smokin Joe

I just read a short news report today that Virginia Government "Terrible Terry" McAuliff,former Clinton jock strap and all around enemy of America,had just been slapped down by the Virginia SC. Terrible Terry had decided the thing to do to help his sugar mama become prez was to issue a mass pardon to over 200,000 Virginia felons so they could register and vote for Bubbette! The Va SC told him he had the authority to pardon felons one at a time,but not in masses.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'll tell ya what political suicide is....still concentrating on his primary challenger and not the Dem nominee...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

BTW,you will notice that when there is a homosexual couple inserted into a popular show,it's two babes. Seems like most guys like that idea,and most women don't seem to find it horribly offensive,either

Well, it is fiction, and fat chicks with flattops and tattooed knuckles just don't play to the three in the rack fantasy. (Guys, if they really are lesbians, what makes you think they will have time for you?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually, I like a little sex and violence as much as the next person, but the episode I saw just seemed so cruel and without heart and there was no one to like.  Maybe I gave up on it too soon, but it just seemed bleak to me.

Well,they WERE Vikings. Those bad boys even got the Emperor of Rome to pay them a ransom in gold once that equaled the bodyweight of the Emperor's relative they had captured after the local Roman rep sent their envoy back to them with his head in a saddlebag. They captured the Emporers relative after they had sacked the city and killed most of the Romans there,and enslaved the others to sell as slaves to African kings.

In one sense,the Vikings really were "touchy-feely people',but not in the sense most people mean it today.

BTW,the next time some black whines to you about white people enslaving black people,remind him that the Vikings raided a Irish fishing village around 700 AD,and  sold over 130 Irish men,women,and children into slavery in Africa. Then tell them YOUR relatives came from Ireland,and you want reparations.

It's fun to watch the expressions on their faces as they try to figure that out.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll tell ya what political suicide is....still concentrating on his primary challenger and not the Dem nominee...

It tells you who they are most afraid of doesn't it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

No argument from me on that one.

Then again,the way *I* see it,the illiterant little mamas boys and other leftist fools growing up today have been TOO sheltered from reality,and some hard doses of what life was like under the control of the royalty or the Soviets/Chinese communists is just the wakeup call some of these dummies need. The gorier,more horrible,and more realistic the better. None of that bloodless and painless instant death. Let them see villagers and soldiers going over a battlefield after a battle,executing the wounded and stealing their clothing,weapons,and money.
Until that coppery smell hits your nostrils, or the unique odors of disembowelment, burnt flesh, or putrefaction become known, it doesn't hit anyone. It's just another show, the stuff fantasies are made of. Those who have not breathed the smell of blood spilt, whatever the cause, will inevitably be nauseous when they do--it's an instinctive revulsion. The problem is, they won't be puking until after they have engaged in their particular act, if at all (most will, whether they were the cause or not, at least the first time, and even those who have been exposed to gore will still have moments).

But I don't want an amoral little snowflake to be completely desensitized to that. I want them to be grossed out or what it takes to keep them from deciding some bored weekend to select someone at random to go 'viking' on. We are raising a generation of sick little puppies who lack the empathy on one hand to not gratuitously kill, and who curl up in a ball and weep at loud noises on the other.

We need to get away from that bimodal distribution and back to a bell curve where most are repulsed by violence, but not too timid to engage it in kind in their own defense, and to populate the armies of the future with soldiers who understand that on the one hand killing another might be necessary, but on the other hand don't take pleasure in it of itself

To that end, we need a base population of morally sound people who have the moral strength to do what must be done to protect a morally sound people from enemies who are not.

Reducing the casus belli to 'he dissed me', becomes the result of that absence of context.

How about taking those kids hunting instead, to establish respect for life, exposure to blood and guts (make them field dress their own game), and good food.

The army that won WWII was composed of a lot of farm boys who had butchered animals or hunted for food. They were capable, moral, and strong, without being exposed to splatterflick level gratuitous violence.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I just read a short news report today that Virginia Government "Terrible Terry" McAuliff,former Clinton jock strap and all around enemy of America,had just been slapped down by the Virginia SC. Terrible Terry had decided the thing to do to help his sugar mama become prez was to issue a mass pardon to over 200,000 Virginia felons so they could register and vote for Bubbette! The Va SC told him he had the authority to pardon felons one at a time,but not in masses.
Good for the VA SC!

Look out, though. Someone will figure out 'file merge' and stuff the forms and the rubber stamp machine will run overtime...Or does he personally have to sign each one?

C S Lewis

Offline verga

@mystery-ak  I said it before, if he actually did go after Hildabeast, he might win and that is not his intention.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline MACVSOG68

@mystery-ak  I said it before, if he actually did go after Hildabeast, he might win and that is not his intention.

I take it you missed Trump's acceptance speech?  What I heard was an attack on Hillary as Secretary of State, her email scandal, immigration and other issues.  What is it you think Trump missed as far as going after her?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

He has been all along, so you obviously have not been paying attention.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

I take it you missed Trump's acceptance speech?  What I heard was an attack on Hillary as Secretary of State, her email scandal, immigration and other issues.  What is it you think Trump missed as far as going after her?

Trump has spent the last three days going after Cruz, Kasich, the WTO, companies who offshore,  basking in the glow of Vince McMahon, and asserting we'll deny entry to visitors from France and Germany.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline verga

@truth_seeker  @MACVSOG68 I didn't watch any of the convention, I did see that the day after the convention he is wasting time going after Cruz.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline MACVSOG68

@truth_seeker  @MACVSOG68 I didn't watch any of the convention, I did see that the day after the convention he is wasting time going after Cruz.

He needs to move on from Trump, Kasich et al, and now concentrate on his agenda and his opponent, which as I understand he is now doing.  Kasich and Cruz are yesterday's news for Trump, and he should take advantage now of the brouhaha forming around the DNC emails.  He can continue to hammer away at Obama, because for the most part, Hillary is promising a continuation of much of his administration.  Graphs posted on these threads notwithstanding, his national security and law and order agenda will resonate as long as he keeps those issues and their solutions realistic.  But his anti-Hillary rants in his acceptance speech were a good start and went a long way toward discrediting those who seem convinced he's in it for the Clintons.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
In absolute fairness, Donaldus Minimus has zapped Hilarious Rodent Clinton over assorted
malfeasances for much of this year's legs of the campaigns. But in further absolute fairness, it often
does seem as though he hammers his critics on the conservative side of the street with far
more passion and fustian than he tends to hammer her. Since the convention, as others have pointed
out, he seems to be far more interested in flogging Ted Cruz and company.

The disclosure about the Democratic National Committee trying actively to rig the deck on behalf
of Hilarious Rodent Clinton should be a natural for Donaldus Minimus. Except that the disclosure
was first made several days ago and he's hardly said a word about it. Unless he's waiting to blast
it during the Democratic convention. If so, let's see if he throws everything including the proverbial
kitchen sink, or just lobs a few perfunctory jabs that he permits to interrupt his semi-regularly
scheduled hammering of his conservative critics---of which there are far more than some
of his sycophancy will admit.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He has been all along, so you obviously have not been paying attention.

I guess the entire world wasn't paying attention then. All news has been about is his attacks on Cruz and his moronic comments about NATO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It tells you who they are most afraid of doesn't it!

@Bigun

At a minimum it tells you who they see as their political opposites and enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good for the VA SC!

Look out, though. Someone will figure out 'file merge' and stuff the forms and the rubber stamp machine will run overtime...Or does he personally have to sign each one?

@Smokin Joe

I don't know,but I am guessing he has to sign each one individually,or he would have already done it and the Va SC would have had nothing to say.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Smokin Joe

I don't know,but I am guessing he has to sign each one individually,or he would have already done it and the Va SC would have had nothing to say.

Knowing bureaucrats as I do, I suspect that there is some process and forms and maybe an interview or committee meeting of some sort that has to happen.

Offline MACVSOG68

In absolute fairness, Donaldus Minimus has zapped Hilarious Rodent Clinton over assorted
malfeasances for much of this year's legs of the campaigns. But in further absolute fairness, it often
does seem as though he hammers his critics on the conservative side of the street with far
more passion and fustian than he tends to hammer her. Since the convention, as others have pointed
out, he seems to be far more interested in flogging Ted Cruz and company.

The disclosure about the Democratic National Committee trying actively to rig the deck on behalf
of Hilarious Rodent Clinton should be a natural for Donaldus Minimus. Except that the disclosure
was first made several days ago and he's hardly said a word about it. Unless he's waiting to blast
it during the Democratic convention. If so, let's see if he throws everything including the proverbial
kitchen sink, or just lobs a few perfunctory jabs that he permits to interrupt his semi-regularly
scheduled hammering of his conservative critics---of which there are far more than some
of his sycophancy will admit.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/24/fix-was-in-trump-camp-stokes-dem-tensions-over-emails-suggesting-anti-sanders-bias.html

PHILADELPHIA –  Donald Trump’s campaign wasted no time Sunday stoking tensions inside the Democratic ranks over Hillary Clinton’s choice of running mate and the leak of party files suggesting some officials worked against Bernie Sanders – with Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort saying, “the fix was in from the beginning.”

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

PHILADELPHIA –  Donald Trump’s campaign wasted no time Sunday stoking tensions inside the Democratic ranks over Hillary Clinton’s choice of running mate and the leak of party files suggesting some officials worked against Bernie Sanders – with Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort saying, “the fix was in from the beginning.”

Self-evident to all of us.  Sanders' wins primary states and the delegates all go to Hildabeast.  Their rules make whom their leaders choose the nominee - not their subjects. 

The GOP just adopted the same rules for future elections in their party.

What is not so evident to most in the GOP  is the fix put in to ensure Trump would remove all Conservative opposition for Hillary and sabotage the Conservative movement into irrelevance by continuously attacking it after he ingratiated himself into the hearts and minds of disgruntled Republicans.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I guess the entire world wasn't paying attention then. All news has been about is his attacks on Cruz and his moronic comments about NATO.

All of the news "here," is a tiny obsessed wrinkle in the overall picture.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LonestarDream

He needs to move on from Trump, Kasich et al, and now concentrate on his agenda and his opponent, which as I understand he is now doing.  Kasich and Cruz are yesterday's news for Trump, and he should take advantage now of the brouhaha forming around the DNC emails.  He can continue to hammer away at Obama, because for the most part, Hillary is promising a continuation of much of his administration.  Graphs posted on these threads notwithstanding, his national security and law and order agenda will resonate as long as he keeps those issues and their solutions realistic.  But his anti-Hillary rants in his acceptance speech were a good start and went a long way toward discrediting those who seem convinced he's in it for the Clintons.

Yes Trump does and I hope he does soon.  Trump even implied going after Rubio today on MTP after the 'phone in' endorsement. 

The more Trump focuses on DNC , the better for us.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
All of the news "here," is a tiny obsessed wrinkle in the overall picture.

I wasn't referring to here. I dont rely on TBR for my news.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!