Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78573 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

I gave them the once-over and I'm unimpressed with a couple of their principles. They're pretty isolationist. Basically, they're repudiating NAFTA and other trade pacts as well as NATO.
For example, from their Foreign Policy page:
I'm not a fan of abandoning NATO. Circumspection in military use, yes. Isolationism, no.

Our alliances need reform, and the command structures need Sam Damons in command, not Courtney Massengales (see "Once an Eagle" by Anton Myrer). Once Obama leaves, reform our military, specifically in procurement. We've all seen how the military-industrial-crony-capitalist-complex fattens their wallets at the expense of military readiness.

No more nation building.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Thats pretty good at projection for somebody who is trying to force change after the fact. Look in the mirror. You are the tiny group of fanatics trying to force your will on the majority of Conservatives because of some self-claimed perception of superiority. Personally I have yet to see anything to respect over people who cannot see that Hilary is not an option for America that we can survive.  Facts do not matter to you it seems. Most of what you complain about is minor considering the danger America is facing.

I treat people as they treat me. Since you are a jerk to me I return the favor. If you want to be civil stop the unchristian acts and behave like an adult having a civil conversation.

Tell that to your buds at TOS.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline ScottinVA

georgiafl says:

July 21, 2016 at 10:45 am

Hmmm

RNC sources: @tedcruz "speech different than version he gave RNC in advance." Officials + Cruz had to be physically separated after. #GOP

— David Shuster (@DavidShuster) July 21, 2016

 Liked by 1 person

georgiafl says:

July 21, 2016 at 10:50 am

One RNC official called Cruz’s speech “classless,” while a senior GOP operative on the convention floor told Fox… https://t.co/iLnWqXag2x

— PolitiJim (@PolitiJim) July 21, 2016

 Liked by 1 person

georgiafl says:

July 21, 2016 at 10:52 am

sources tell me that Cruz went off-script on his speech last night from what he officially submitted to the RNC.

— Richard Grenell (@RichardGrenell) July 21, 2016

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/21/a-deeper-look-into-ted-cruzs-rnc-convention-speech/#comments

Unnamed sources, eh?  Didn't you people learn the lesson about not trusting "unnamed sources" when you did Roger Simon's dirty work in pushing that narrative about Cruz' nonexistent affairs?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
CRUZ DIDN'T ENDORSE HOLY ORANGE GLORIOUS!!!!!

888ohnoes
I like it, but shouldn't it be Holy Orange Julius, as in the Emperor he sees himself?

Offline Just_Victor

Unnamed sources, eh?  Didn't you people learn the lesson about not trusting "unnamed sources" when you did Roger Simon's dirty work in pushing that narrative about Cruz' nonexistent affairs?

Hey, they have a source.  The "conservative" nuthouse is a source.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online Hoodat

The only thing this has me wondering is if its even possible for Trump to avoid sounding like a contentious jackass when referring to Cruz.

How else do you expect a contentious jackass to sound?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Another lie.  Ted Cruz has been saying exactly that his entire political career.  It is his core issue.

I find it incredibly hilarious that Trump is hours away from accepting the nomination, and he is Insult Tweeting.

Too damn funny.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

Rosie Gray Verified account  ‏@RosieGray · 30m30 minutes ago

A guy in the Texas delegation just stood up and held up a sign that said Clinton/Cruz 2020

From his damage control speech earlier...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline aligncare

If Trump is not a Conservative, then why was Cruz campaigning with him? Why did they basically agree on the issues without having to track down those stories?

Why were Trump's and Cruz's views lumped together as similar. I see, Cruz is always on the correct side.

When Cruz is called Conservative, it's always right, if Trump is, it's always wrong.

Just like the long line of conservatives endorsing Trump, Gingrich, Santorum, Huckabee, etc. they are always wrong compared to the Senator who has campaigned with Trump, with Palin and got Rush Limbaugh's endorsement as Cruz did. Rush was right then, but wrong in other cases.

Perhaps we should ask what Cruz has done in concrete terms that is conservative, not the words, but accomplishments that a Pence, Perry or Walker can point too and though he may have had success as Solicitor General, that is still an un-elected office and taking those cases were part of his job.

You have demonstrated very sound reasoning here.   :beer:

geronl

The hate and vitriol directed at Ted Cruz tells us all we need to know about Trump and his supporters. They are leftists.

Online GtHawk

No one can criticize Trump now that he let his opponent have his say. Trump gave Cruz the rope, it was Cruz’s choice to use it to hang himself.
You wish! I will never be a blindly following sycophant for anyone, especially not a duplicitous back stabber. Why would I intentionally aid in foisting another four years of an obama administration on America? And the saddest thing is that you will read that as referring to Hillary, if you read it at all.

geronl

Once upon a time there was a Republican nominee who campaigned against Democrats instead of against conservatism.

Online LMAO

I find it incredibly hilarious that Trump is hours away from accepting the nomination, and he is Insult Tweeting.

Too damn funny.

Funny, but not surprising. Team Hillary has found Trump's Achilles Heal and that is his ego and thin skin. It's his need to respond to every slight in the most adolescent way possible

I have no idea what the future holds for Cruz after last night but I have no doubt he was aware what would happen and took the risk to tell people to vote their conscience
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:05:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

Too damn funny.

Just damn...after 8 years of Presidential Fiat via Executive Order, we're going to get Presidential Fiat via Twitter?

At least with FDR, you had regular "Fireside Chats". With Trump, we're going to get Saturday Night Twitter Wars.

geronl

Ted Cruz gave an excellent speech, there was nothing any type of conservative could criticize there.

Online corbe

Freepers 2008 - We won't support McCain just because he's the nominee.

Freepers 2012 - We won't support Romney just because he's the nominee.

Freepers 2016 - We must support Trump because he's the nominee.

At least the GOPe, as much as I despise them, are consistent.

To: Cheetahcat
Well, I’ll make an observation. Trump is NO conservative. He’s a self-dealing charlatan and he’s got a lot of fall-for-anything chump types fooled.
Mark Levin is my friend and a friend of FR and a friend of Liberty. I’ll thank you not to trash him on this website.

109 posted on ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2011‎ ‎5‎:‎56‎:‎22‎ ‎PM by Jim Robinson (Rebellion is brewing!! Impeach the corrupt Marxist bastard!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 97 | View Replies | Report Abuse]
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You just continue to prove that wide is the gate that leads to destruction.

As if 90% of the population seig-heiling a madman would move the principled to abandon their cores and join the lemmings who will follow him to perdition.

Better start learning how to attack Hillary's hordes, because up until now - all your invective and hatred is consistently aimed at those you have run out of your party.

Because as I said - it's not Hillary you fear and hate - it's those of us who will not support you or your prince.

I treat people as they treat me. Since you are a jerk to me I return the favor. If you want to be civil stop the unchristian acts and behave like an adult having a civil conversation.

That's an absurdly interesting statement to make in response to my comment above that had absolutely no "unchristian acts" stated outside of noting history and facts that you don't like to hear.

That said, I have no intention of being 'civil' with those who consistently lie, impugn, insult and threaten simply because we will not genuflect your prince.  You declared us enemies.  So be it.  It's clear it is not Hillary you fear and hate.

It's Conservatives like us.

Thats pretty good at projection for somebody who is trying to force change after the fact. Look in the mirror. You are the tiny group of fanatics trying to force your will on the majority of Conservatives because of some self-claimed perception of superiority.

'Forcing our will'????  Is your prince your nominee or not?  Just like a liberal Leftist.  The fact we will not bow and genuflect at your altar is ALWAYS greeted with the claims we are 'force our will' fanatics who think ourselves 'superior'. We get that same pap from the pro-abortion mob, the Homosexual agenda pushers and so on.  Mention morality or principles and be declared 'holier than thou' and a fanatical 'bible thumper'.

If we are such a tiny group that are so irrelevant - why do you spend so much time and effort arguing with us? 

Personally I have yet to see anything to respect over people who cannot see that Hilary is not an option for America that we can survive.  Facts do not matter to you it seems. Most of what you complain about is minor considering the danger America is facing.

Another demonstration that it is those of us who won't vote for your prince that you hate, loathe, despise and want to punish and harm.  It's not Hillary you fear.  It's those of us who will not support your political savior.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:15:30 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline wolfcreek

Thats pretty good at projection for somebody who is trying to force change after the fact. Look in the mirror. You are the tiny group of fanatics trying to force your will on the majority of Conservatives because of some self-claimed perception of superiority. Personally I have yet to see anything to respect over people who cannot see that Hilary is not an option for America that we can survive.  Facts do not matter to you it seems. Most of what you complain about is minor considering the danger America is facing.

You pretty much nailed that. These people are the "Return of Soreloserman"

Online GtHawk

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter

4h4 hours ago

"Last night, Cruz showed that he's earned a leading role in the nation's political future. And that nation is Canada."
OOH!, Ann Coulter, did you love her and quote her when she was pimping Romney? Well now that you have quoted a political pundit, you have convinced me.........that political pundits can and will be idiots.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Are we going to court or attempting to block the coronation of your prince as your standard-bearer?  You who boo the Constitution?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline rodamala

23 pages of replies to a thread that an actual conservative forum would have yanked and booted the CAPS LOVING TROLL that posted it.

Online GtHawk

Just damn...after 8 years of Presidential Fiat via Executive Order, we're going to get Presidential Fiat via Twitter?

At least with FDR, you had regular "Fireside Chats". With Trump, we're going to get Saturday Night Twitter Wars.
Well what else could one expect from a Twit?

Offline Resp3

H/T to @L9teen.....

So... I caught my fiance cheating last month. I found out that his values regarding marriage aren't exactly in line with mine, even though in the beginning he pretended that they were :(

He called me names and insulted my family.. he told me that he was the best person I'd ever find and if I don't stay with him I'll never get anyone else. He said he didn't need me.

But since I already made the vow to marry him... I should just go through with it right? Because if not, I'm a liar and a traitor and no one will ever be able to trust me again.

And may I add that when Cruz was simpatico with trump - it was for unity and cohesiveness in the GOP. But know this - it was not Ted that broke ranks with the limited degrees of conservatism that Trump was espousing. Trump himself broke ranks and flip flopped on core values. Then the hatred, the vitriol, the personal attacks began by Trump.  What else needs to be said?

Ted has maintained his courage and his dignity throughout this Repug Convention (Dog and Pony Show) brought to us courtesy of the media and liberal democrats.

Offline wolfcreek

Are we going to court or attempting to block the coronation of your prince as your standard-bearer?  You who boo the Constitution?

From what I've seen, you would if you could.

Do what's right for the country. Keep Hillary from the WH.

Online GtHawk

In comparison to what, the "Rise of Sorewinnerman"
Why even bother with us or Cruz, were irrelevant, your guy said he doesn't need us to win and yet how many harangue the nevertrumps to come over to the darkside. And if Cruz has destroyed his career, then you have one and should move on to attacking Hillary...............and yet here you are.