Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78156 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ted Cruz and John Kasich said - on stage in front of millions - that they would endorse Donald Trump if he was the nominee. 

They are liars, pure and simple.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

@oldmomster

LOTS of people stood up on stages back in the 1930's and said they would support Hitler,too. Do you damn any of them for realizing they had made a mistake and backing away from it later?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Makes him look like a sore loser - which is a pretty childish stance to take in politics.

So is being a sore winner - and the consequences of that attitude will manifest themselves long before 2020.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Wow, Ted Cruz got booed off the stage, didn't honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 21, 2016

Not exactly 'approved'

Ted make it clear back in March he would not necessarily support nominee.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nominee-pledge/

Also, since then Trump has called him all sorts of names, and insulted his wife.  I would never support someone who did that to me.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

the GOP convention is not just nominating the President.  There are a lot of other items being decided such as party platform, etc.  Do you believe the party should lockstep in just one direction?  this is not a dictatorship.

Did Ted reverse himself since March when he said he would not necessarily support GOP nominee?  http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nominee-pledge/

I would like to see you source if he did.

@massadvj

Where is the criticism of Trump for his blatant lies and for his refusal to apologize?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

Own what? Cruz was the TARGET of Trump's smears.  Trump never apologized for maligning Cruz's wife, his father, and Cruz himself.

Cruz took a risk, but it will pay off for him big time when Trump loses.   He'll be the guy who took the keys away from a drunk.

IMO, the real Trump is not the sweetened observations of his children, but the one who authorized the multiple lies thrown at Ted and his family. Trump went several bridges too far, and I'm not going to criticize Ted for what he said last night.

Ted may very well decide not to run again for Senate in 2018. He can make a ton of money in private practice, while getting the chance to spend more time with his family.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

Cruzpac started it with the picture of Melania.....meant to hurt Trump in Utah with the Mormons.

I think that whiney argument died back in the 60s when Trump's dad helped kill Kennedy.

Offline Poser

If they lose, and they will, they will blame those of us they have attacked right along with the candidate they attacked.
I think you have hit the nail on the head here. If Trump wins, Cruz and Kasich's presidential chances are over forever and their chances for other high office are diminished. If Trump loses, Cruz and Kasich will be blamed and the result will be the same.

The smart thing would have been to urge others to vote strait R or say nothing at all. In my opinion, Cruz and Kasich have both ended their presidential chances forever.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In the neverTrump, pro-Hillary faction of the party...sure it will.

@wolfcreek

ROFLMAO! Trump IS the Pro-Hillary faction of the alleged Republican Party.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline oldmomster

No, it's on you and the other Trumpsters who want no reconciliation with those of us who voted for Cruz or Kasich.   

What is wrong with a message to Vote your Conscience?   Have you forgotten you have one?   

You know, you just don't bother to get any info, then spout false facts.  I DID vote for Cruz....he LOST!  Its not hard to figure out what has to be done next is it?

NO ONE has to be told to vote for who they want - NO ONE leaves their conscience outside the booth and NO ONE gets their votes reported to the press - its still secret.

We have to unite the party?  When he got up on the stage and was given the chance to do it, he DID NOT. 

Live with it.  He lied.  I'm sure all the candidates lied about lots of stuff, and it was up to US to check out the facts.  But when it counted, Ted bailed.

Offline biff

The Trumpanzees have vilified Cruz to the point he will be frozen by his party leading to him abandoning the Republican party and becoming an independent leading a truly constitutionaly conservative party in 2020. The number of supporters leaving the republican party would leave it just a shell of itself. It is beyond saving at this point, even more so after being decimated by Hilary in November.

Of course, donnie, his kids as well as his Trumpanzees will blame anybody else for their moronic failures.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Ted is a complete ass hole and the majority at the convention think so. He is so dead in the party he really played it wrong by not honoring his pledge. He is a jerk and to think I once liked him never again though.

We all know who the orange koolaid drinkers are.  Hope you respond to this comment in 4 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

@truth_seeker

ANY fool can join a mob.

And far too many do (and have)
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If the Republicans lose in November, he now carries the stain.  If the Republicans win in November, he will be marginalized even more than he is now.  The reported smartest man in the room has proved he is not.

So you are saying that a Donald Trump loss means Ted Cruz is at fault, not Donald Trump?

Do you even realize how stupid that comment is? 

No one should be supporting anyone who insults you, your wife, and your father.  It would be a pretty poor character for one to do that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Cruzpac started it with the picture of Melania.....meant to hurt Trump in Utah with the Mormons.

Liz Mair and Make America Awesome, who published the Melania pic, has no affiliation with Ted Cruz. None. Zero.

They were formed as an anti-Trump PAC.

I don't post this in an effort to change any Trump fan's mind - I realize they will not accept anything that conflicts with the accepted narrative - but in the off chance anyone reading with an open mind wants to know.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Where did that PAC get the picture? Think about that, while you also consider that when that story broke, Cruz said "that's not one of ours" referring to the ad.

Now the pool-pah* I recall was over Cruz "disavowing" the ad, which he had already done, only calmly and without fanfare. Apparently simply saying it wasn't a Cruz approved ad was not 'disavowal' enough for fans of the Great Combover, even as they repeatedly ogled the ad, they posted vitriol about Cruz as if he had anything to do with it. The PAC was independent of the Cruz campaign. Just one more lying smear against Cruz from the Trump camp.

(*obscure Bokononic reference from a Kurt Vonnegut Jr. novel--google it if you wish)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
Ted had a chance to show some class and do what he pledged to do from the beginning. I suspect that he  and Kasich have ruined their future chances in presidential politics. A whole lot of Republicans will remember this in four or eight years.

Cruz was the epitome of class. He enunciated conservative principles and told everyone to go out and vote their conscience. This was no anti-Trump tirade. Nobody has been more outspoken about the right and freedom of conscience throughout this campaign than Cruz. This is not some new thing with him. That shows integrity and adherence to principle.

The only way this works out for either of them is if Trump does something so stupid that most of his supporters turn away from him and admit they were wrong from the beginning.

Trump already has by siding with Erdogan and putting conditions on the NATO alliance, undercutting his own running mate.

Offline Poser

@oldmomster

LOTS of people stood up on stages back in the 1930's and said they would support Hitler,too. Do you damn any of them for realizing they had made a mistake and backing away from it later?

Aha! You have proved Godwin's law once again. You lose the argument.

Offline verga

If you take Cruz saying 'vote your values' as not endorsing Trump - you admit Trump does not follow your values.
Right there, that says it all.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline oldmomster

The Trumpanzees have vilified Cruz to the point he will be frozen by his party leading to him abandoning the Republican party and becoming an independent leading a truly constitutionaly conservative party in 2020. The number of supporters leaving the republican party would leave it just a shell of itself. It is beyond saving at this point, even more so after being decimated by Hilary in November.

Of course, donnie, his kids as well as his Trumpanzees will blame anybody else for their moronic failures.

I hope a constitutional conservative DOES get a conservative party going - clearly the republicans are NOT serving us.

The next time you call Trump supporters Trumpanzees, I'll report you.

Silver Pines

Maybe a Trump supporter can explain something.

Cruz didn't say a single negative word about Trump.

In fact, he opened his speech with a congratulatory message to him.

Cruz encouraged people to vote their consciences, up and down the ticket.

What are y'all so mad about?

Offline WAC

Listening this morning and now to Cruz speaking with the Texas Delegation...answering questions...it's no surprise Cruz continues to take his stand......very interesting listen this morning......

It's been said Cruz has hy-jacked the Convention since last night and throughout today thus far.....intentional or not....he has the media attention.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is just about a perfectly-stated post in all respects.

Why, thank you, sir!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

Maybe a Trump supporter can explain something.

Cruz didn't say a single negative word about Trump.

In fact, he opened his speech with a congratulatory message to him.

Cruz encouraged people to vote their consciences, up and down the ticket.

What are y'all so mad about?

Because bullies attack until they are smacked hard enough they have to back down.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
NY Chris Collins bashing Cruz as a "self-absorbed narcissist" even after lyin' Don was so generous to allow him to speak. He is one angry RINO. Trumpism is a mental disorder just as Obamism was in 2008.

He admits that Trump knew the content of the speech. They really have trouble with the principled conservative and vote your conscience thing.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Listening this morning and now to Cruz speaking with the Texas Delegation...answering questions...it's no surprise Cruz continues to take his stand......very interesting listen this morning......

It's been said Cruz has hy-jacked the Convention since last night and throughout today thus far.....intentional or not....he has the media attention.

He Trumped Trump.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx