Author Topic: "Why They Didn't Fire Is A Mystery" - Coup Pilots Had Erdogan's Plane In Their Sights And Did Nothing  (Read 337 times)

rangerrebew

"Why They Didn't Fire Is A Mystery" - Coup Pilots Had Erdogan's Plane In Their Sights And Did Nothing
Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Jul 17, 2016 11:18 PM

Looking back at the failed Turkish coup, one question that nobody has been able to answer is why, if the coup was indeed a serious attempt at government overthrow, did the organizers not do the first thing that military coups have done since time immemorial: either capture, or simply eliminate the existing ruler, the vacationing president Erdogan?

The following brief story will only add to the confusion (or maybe not).

As Reuters reports, at the height of the attempt to overthrow Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, the rebel pilots of two F-16 fighter jets had Erdogan's plane in their sights. And yet he was able to fly on.

The government narrative, completely fabricated as it may be, is the following:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-17/why-they-didnt-fire-mystery-coup-pilots-had-erdogans-plane-their-sights-and-did-noth

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:23:06 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

The coup was a completely phony pretext

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

That's my working hypothesis as well. Did we ever gtt to the bottom of Turkey's involvement in arms shipments out of Libya into Syria??

geronl

That's my working hypothesis as well. Did we ever gtt to the bottom of Turkey's involvement in arms shipments out of Libya into Syria??

No, but I still think it is the likeliest route.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Then why tell us about this incident? it would make more sense to keep it quiet.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Then why tell us about this incident? it would make more sense to keep it quiet.

This is the first and only time I have seen any F-16's linked to "rebels", as far as I know the Air Force was never involved except to shoot down helicopters belonging to the coup-side. Then again those soldiers who were deployed had no idea what side they were supposedly on.