Author Topic: Records Contradict Trump’s Claims Of Charitable Giving To A Disability Nonprofit  (Read 298 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Records Contradict Trump’s Claims Of Charitable Giving To A Disability Nonprofit

Trump has claimed to have donated “millions” of dollars and a New Jersey building to United Cerebral Palsy. In a deed obtained by BuzzFeed News, Trump’s parents are listed as the donors.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/records-contradict-trumps-claims-of-charitable-giving-to-a-d?utm_term=.kqmL9GKG9#.aiXgKdGdK

In the 1980s, Donald Trump mentioned on multiple occasions a very specific charitable gift: He said he had donated a building to United Cerebral Palsy.

“I gave a lot of money to United Cerebral Palsy, many millions of dollars,” Trump said in 1987 on the Phil Donahue Show. “In fact, I gave them a building.”

Trump and his father once memorably watched those with cerebral palsy attempt to walk the stairs of an apartment building they owned, the New York Times reported in 1982. “I decided then and there,” Trump told the Times, “to make a gift of the building.”

But according to to the building’s deed, which was obtained by BuzzFeed News, Trump’s parents were actually the ones who donated the building, a luxury apartment complex in East Orange, New Jersey.

snip

n a 1988 letter to the New York Times, Trump claimed proceeds from his book, The Art of the Deal, as well as from his Wollman Rink went to UCP and other charities. In one book from the mid 2000s, Trump recounts returning a call about donating to the group. In Art of the Deal, Trump mentions chairing dinners for them. A Trump employee once told Spy Magazine the small change dropped into the Trump Tower fountain was donated to UCP.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Am I happy to see this reported? No, I am not.

But it goes to his integrity and honesty. a big negative that he must, somehow, deal with.

HRC has no possibility in that area. An admission from Trump of perhaps  hyping himself a bit much, and a resolve that those days are behind him might serve him well.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Am I happy to see this reported? No, I am not.

But it goes to his integrity and honesty. a big negative that he must, somehow, deal with.

HRC has no possibility in that area. An admission from Trump of perhaps  hyping himself a bit much, and a resolve that those days are behind him might serve him well.

As Ted Cruz wisely said.   "Donald has a tenuous relationship with the truth.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

Stolen Honor.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn