Author Topic: MSNBC Guest on France Terror Attack: ISIS Is Just ‘Punks and Thugs,’ Not Islam  (Read 600 times)

rangerrebew

MSNBC Guest on France Terror Attack: ISIS Is Just ‘Punks and Thugs,’ Not Islam
By Curtis Houck | July 15, 2016 | 4:25 PM EDT

Like their fellow cable news outlets, MSNBC offered rolling coverage throughout the night Thursday into Friday due to the Nice, France terrorist attack and one such guest told breaking news anchor Brian Williams that ISIS should be known as “punks and thugs and mercenaries” instead of being associated with Islam.

“What makes me very sad when I see this and I hear this intellectual discussion, which is fair and very, very bright people, but I think of my friends and I call them of North African descent. They're Muslims, their religion is not about running people down with a bus,” Daily Beast writer Dana Kennedy explained to Williams (who was in New York but usually resides in Nice).

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2016/07/15/msnbc-guest-france-terror-attack-isis-just-punks-and-thugs-not

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:00:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

... Are Islam’s authoritative sources clear about the question of violent jihad? Crystal clear.

I hear two kinds of responses, though. The first thing most Muslims say is that they don’t practice violence, nor do most Muslims they know. I agree. But this is in spite of what the Qur’an, hadith, and Sunnah teach, not because of them. Let me be clear, however. Virtually every Muslim I’ve met, both in the United States and the Middle East, has been kind, friendly, and peaceful to me. My point is not that most Muslims engage in violence, but that their authoritative sources teach that it’s permissible.

The second response I hear is, “Islam is a peaceful religion that’s been hijacked by violent terrorists.” I disagree. I think the opposite is true: Islam is a violent religion that’s been hijacked by peaceful Muslims. At its core, Islam teaches violence, but thankfully most Muslims don’t live consistently with this mandate.   ...
More at Stand to Reason blog

Their religion isn't about running people down with a bus (it was a truck) only in the sense that the Quran was written when there were no buses or trucks. It is about violence, however, and killing "non-believers" certainly is permissible - whether with the sword, a truck or a Boeing 767.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

More at Stand to Reason blog

Their religion isn't about running people down with a bus (it was a truck) only in the sense that the Quran was written when there were no buses or trucks. It is about violence, however, and killing "non-believers" certainly is permissible - whether with the sword, a truck or a Boeing 767.

Something about your reply struck me as strange for liberals.  They have no problem defending the "religion of peace" and their religious teachings which are a thousand years older than the Constitution which they consider outdated. :shrug:

Online mountaineer

Something about your reply struck me as strange for liberals.  They have no problem defending the "religion of peace" and their religious teachings which are a thousand years older than the Constitution which they consider outdated. :shrug:
Well, you know, the Second Amendment is irrelevant and inapplicable because there were no assault rifles in 1776 (or something). So when the Quran tells Muslims to kill others, it isn't like Islam is a violent religion because they were thinking of sticks or swords back then, not AK-47s and shrapnel-laden pressure cookers. So we can't own guns now, because they're not like guns in the 18th century, and Islam isn't violent now, also because the weaponry is completely different from when it was written. It all makes perfect sense.  Somehow - but only to liberals. :thud:   :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org