Author Topic: Senator Tim Scott: Stopped SEVEN TIMES as US Senator in the last year; Shares personal experiences  (Read 5463 times)

Offline Fantom

Oh, heck no!  I generally like cops, so I don't have any problem being friendly.  It works every time.

And that folks... is where it is.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

I don't understand our culture's reverence for policemen.  They are government workers.  And moreso than your average bureaucrat, they carry guns and have the power to ruin your life on a whim.  If you are transporting cash, they can steal it.  They can shoot your dog.  They can harass anyone without cause and either deny it or destroy the tape.  It happens all the damn time. 

Compensate them well and reward them for the risk.  But don't make excuses for them.

Precisely. 

Yup.

Black guy open-carries in Wal-Mart... and is shot immediately.

White guy in Wall-Mart open-carries... and is greeted with positive press and goodwill for reinforcing our Second Amendment rights.

@HonestJohn

Are you referring to the shooting near Dayton OH, or another?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/justice/walmart-shooting-suit/

Yeah...that guy wasn't even open carrying.  He had a bb gun that he picked up in the Sporting Goods section of the Walmart.

The cop rushed in so quickly and killed him, that he never even made it to the check out.