Author Topic: Senator Tim Scott: Stopped SEVEN TIMES as US Senator in the last year; Shares personal experiences  (Read 5461 times)

Offline sinkspur

Senator Tim Scott: Stopped SEVEN TIMES as US Senator in the last year; Shares personal experiences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmMQimrT8qk
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:09:16 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

There really IS something racially wrong with some law enforcement agencies.   This is disgusting.

HonestJohn

There really IS something racially wrong with some law enforcement agencies.   This is disgusting.

Yup.

Black guy open-carries in Wal-Mart... and is shot immediately.

White guy in Wall-Mart open-carries... and is greeted with positive press and goodwill for reinforcing our Second Amendment rights.

Offline Mechanicos

Only liberals play the race card.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

So you are saying there is no problem?  Spoken like a true Trump.

Offline Mechanicos

So you are saying there is no problem?  Spoken like a true Trump.
Saying that the usual suspects look indistinguishable from democrats again.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
OH? What color is a Democrat? Orange?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RedHead

So is Senator Scott lying?  Exaggerating?  Or a Democrat?

Offline Mechanicos

So is Senator Scott lying?  Exaggerating?  Or a Democrat?
Hes race baiting.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
OH? What color is a Democrat? Orange?

Come on Jazz you know better....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:34:20 pm by mystery-ak »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

The temptation to "deify" LEO's must be recognized and resisted. But cases must rise and fall on the merits.

I was once walking in my own neighborhood, minding my own business, getting some exercise. Cop car rolled up on me, blue  lights flashing. (I am white. One officer was white; one Hispanic, iirc.) I was asked to produce ID.

I  asked, "Why are you talking to me?"

Officer said, "We have a report of a man fitting your description acting suspiciously."

I said, "I live three blocks away and have walked from ______ to_____ and was planning to walk to _______ and then walk back to my house. What is suspicious about that?"

Officer said, "Report said someone fitting your description was looking into parked cars."

I said, "I did not do that. But, is it a crime to look into a parked car?"

There was no answer given, but I was again asked to produce my ID. Then began a mental debate with myself. And, I must say that as I am telling this, I realize that I was uninformed on what I should / could have done. One though was to refuse, based on there being no probable cause that a crime had been committed. However, my next thought was,

"They will arrest me and take me downtown for 'failure to obey...' or some such" So, I complied.

I am still unclear on what the laws in my state actually are in relation to this set of circumstances. But, my regret is what I did not do what I should have done. And what I should have done is to have gotten the cops names and badge number, walked back home and immediately gone to the police headquarters and found the shift officer in charge.

Perhaps the officers in my case were 100% correct and fully by the book. However if Senator Scott had done the same thing, perhaps his report of the bogus stops he relates would have revealed that this same cop had a history. Or, if not, he would have started started one.

Why didn't I do it? First was fear that I was asking for more trouble by "rocking the boat"; or that I feared looking foolish. And, then it was, "Well, shit happens. It's over forget it. Not a big deal."

Today, I think I did it wrong.

geronl

"Sir, it looks like you've been Senating... we'll need to check you out before we can let you go."

Offline Resp3

Disagree. The cops were only "guilty" of profiling. But as we all know - profiling works. It's a time tested true method of reducing crime.

The better questions is why? Why was it necessary to stop Senator Scott? Perhaps his indignation would be better served if it were directed to the majority of his fellow black brothers who commit the majority of crimes and offenses.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yes, a Democrat would never ever lie or exaggerate for political gain.

Wow are all NeverTrumps this stupid? Unbelievable.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

What are you even talking about? Tim Scott is a REPUBLICAN.

Offline sinkspur

Disagree. The cops were only "guilty" of profiling. But as we all know - profiling works. It's a time tested true method of reducing crime.

The better questions is why? Why was it necessary to stop Senator Scott? Perhaps his indignation would be better served if it were directed to the majority of his fellow black brothers who commit the majority of crimes and offenses.

I've refrained from replying to you, but I've read several of your posts.  You have a problem with black people.

That's why you see nothing wrong with a cop stopping a black person with no probable cause JUST BECAUSE HE'S BLACK.  You assume no racism on the part of police and you are provably dead wrong about that.  A racist cop has no business in law enforcement.  And it was not "necessary" to stop Senator Scott.  Cops  did it to hassle him.

As someone said upthread, get the name and badge number of the officer and report him to the shift sergeant.  If he does it again, do it again. Some cops think YOU are supposed to serve THEM.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:48:36 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

Tim Scott is a Republican.  It's not the #NeverTrumps who are the dopes on this thread.

geronl

Tim Scott is a Republican.  It's not the #NeverTrumps who are the dopes on this thread.

That post left me scratching both sides of my head.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Unfortunately for good blacks, bad ones commit murder at eight times the rates of whites. Likewise disproportionately high crime figures of other types, robbery, auto theft, etc.

Therefore if police work is a direct response to crime, they would be stopping blacks disproportionately more.

In the words of Jesse Jackson, “There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Reality can have a harsh bite. Jackson is proving he has more common sense, than white guilt people of all colors.

The solution is for blacks to commit fewer crimes.

Home of Kobe Bryant, behind security gates in pristine Newport Coast-value more than $10 million

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Resp3

I've refrained from replying to you, but I've read several of your posts.  You have a problem with black people.

That's why you see nothing wrong with a cop stopping a black person with no probable cause JUST BECAUSE HE'S BLACK.  You assume no racism on the part of police and you are provably dead wrong about that.  A racist cop has no business in law enforcement.  And it was not "necessary" to stop Senator Scott.  Cops  did it to hassle him.

As someone said upthread, get the name and badge number of the officer and report him to the shift sergeant.  If he does it again, do it again. Some cops think YOU are supposed to serve THEM.

And as is the usual case in these usual instances - it is a BLACK COP that stops the black person.  So is the black cop a racist?

You need to quit crying racism when there is none. White cops in America  - right now - are under attack by blacks. All across the country. And you accuse them (as well as me) of being racists???

You're on the wrong forum. The BLM support group is someplace else.

Offline sinkspur

And as is the usual case in these usual instances - it is a BLACK COP that stops the black person.  So is the black cop a racist?

You need to quit crying racism when there is none. White cops in America  - right now - are under attack by blacks. All across the country. And you accuse them (as well as me) of being racists???

You're on the wrong forum. The BLM support group is someplace else.

There is racism, there is also a kind of superiority complex in a lot of police. There is no reason for ANY cop to stop ANYBODY without probable cause that a crime was committed by that person. 

There IS racism when cops stop blacks just because they're black.   You should listen to Scott's speech again, then listen to what Newt said earlier this week.  You need a new perspective.

I ain't going anywhere bub. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Tim Scott is hardly a liberal.  Are you saying he is?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
No the good Senator is not race baiting;

But demographics on whom commits crimes is why blacks get pulled over more.

Now, Senator Scott does not fit into the age demographic. I think studies show, young blacks, maybe 3% of the population commit a greatly disproportionate amount of crimes in the US.

There are some real horror stories out of the Carolinas and yes, plenty of crimes committed by white folks too.

Offline Resp3

You need a new perspective.

Perhaps I do. But right now my perspective is clouded by the deaths of 5 cops in Dallas who were murdered simply by their day to day actions of dealing with the Philando's; the Michael Brown's; the Trayvon's, and the other sons of Barack who actively want to kill them (as well as you and me) for simply being white.

But that's just me. It's how I feel. You however can safely ignore these realities and continue on and feel sorry for Senator Scott and other "victims of white racism".

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Speaking of stereotyping;

Yes, it sounds like people have no idea who Tim Scott is.

Anyway, the facts will point out that blacks are pulled over more; seems that is a fact of life at least in many parts of our country.

There may be reasons why this happens, Larry Elder said he's been pulled over a hundred times.