Author Topic: Ted Cruz to fly with Obama aboard Air Force One to Dallas memorial event  (Read 16643 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dallas Memorial service for officers slain in the line of duty, folks.
FOCUS.

It's a shame Ted couldn't have given Obama some pointers on the way to Dallas on the proper etiquette for remarks at a memorial service.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It was very special....until we opened up our 'border' to a group of outcasts who brought their hive mentality to TBR.
>sigh< There goes the neighborhood...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's a shame Ted couldn't have given Obama some pointers on the way to Dallas on the proper etiquette for remarks at a memorial service.

He may have.  The big 0 seems fairly impervious to good suggestions.

Offline Resp3

I wonder if the families felt that way?  Or, maybe they appreciated having GWB and Sen. Cruz there?

I have no idea how the families felt. I guess it depends on their political POV. But just like the Wellstone Funeral, Sandy Hook, the Arizona mass shooting memorial (with the "Together we thrive" T shirts), the Coretta Scott King Funeral, the Charleston Church memorial and so many more....

These are first and foremost staged political events designed to promote gun control, reassure us that muzzies are peaceful, remind us that BLM has legitimate gripes and other barf inducing leftist values.

Oh. And to say a quick prayer for the victims before re-engaging with the usual rhetoric.

/bitter rant off.

geronl

It also gives him an opportunity to present direct contrast to Obama by just doing the honorable thing as far as the memorial service is concerned. If he gives his speech honoring the fallen, without painting that with politics or racism like Obama will, then who comes off best with Texans, the Police, and the people?

Ted is still one of the most prominent conservatives who challenges Obama every step of the way on virtually every issue.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just read about the service in the Dallas Morning News.

True to form, the News praised Obama's speech and gave a nod to the Other Texas Senator but apparently did not notice that Ted Cruz was there.

The Dallas Morning News is one thing I do not miss about Dallas.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Quote:  are to elaborate?

Because, IMHO, you...as many of the new members here, have no idea of the tight-knitted group of people....what kind of forum we had here at one time.

It was very special....until we opened up our 'border' to a group of outcasts who brought their hive mentality to TBR.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tee hee.  That's what happens when you open your borders.  Sorry about your tight-knitted group.

Were you tight-knitted trumpers tight or just tight knitted?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

Tee hee.  That's what happens when you open your borders.  Sorry about your tight-knitted group.

Were you tight-knitted trumpers tight or just tight knitted?

They were Knights in Tights!

Offline musiclady

Care to elaborate?

Because, IMHO, you...as many of the new members here, have no idea of the tight-knitted group of people....what kind of forum we had here at one time.

Oh poppycock!  You and your rose colored memory, DC!   **nononono*

We had fights before these wonderful people got here, and we have had good conversation since they got here.

Your memory is playing tricks on you.    It wasn't perfect before, and it's not perfect now, but it's still a special place.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:39:01 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

When they are picking at Lando Lincoln, they are really picking at nits.  He is a peacemaker at heart.  They would be smart to develop some discernment.

Thanks RP.  I don't think he was directing that at me, though.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

Trump love turns people downright mean.

I can't believe the personality change in some people I thought I knew.

And you're right...... picking at Lando is scraping the bottom of the decency barrel.

(Now picking at you or me on the other hand.....   :smokin: )

M'lady - thanks for the defense!  I don't think they were directing that at me... unless they were! 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

geronl

Offline musiclady

M'lady - thanks for the defense!  I don't think they were directing that at me... unless they were!

In which case, you should be incensed............. or not.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Care to elaborate?

I seem to recall you were on the Welcome thread welcoming them here.....stop being so rude.

Now back on topic please
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have no idea how the families felt. I guess it depends on their political POV. But just like the Wellstone Funeral, Sandy Hook, the Arizona mass shooting memorial (with the "Together we thrive" T shirts), the Coretta Scott King Funeral, the Charleston Church memorial and so many more....

These are first and foremost staged political events designed to promote gun control, reassure us that muzzies are peaceful, remind us that BLM has legitimate gripes and other barf inducing leftist values.

Oh. And to say a quick prayer for the victims before re-engaging with the usual rhetoric.

/bitter rant off.

As rants go ... this was a damn good one @Resp3    ^-^

Offline flowers

Care to elaborate?

I really like that @DCPatriot .....opened up our border!  :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We had fights before these wonderful people got here, and we have had good conversation since they got here.

Your memory is playing tricks on you.    It wasn't perfect before, and it's not perfect now, but it's still a special place.

Safe to assume it's finally over between you two @DCPatriot ?   88devil

Offline flowers

/bitter rant off.
Spot on! Rant anytime!  @Resp3

Offline flowers

:mauslaff:

Offline musiclady

:mauslaff:

You posted a mouse laughing??  Does that mean you don't think this is a special place, flowers??

That's sad, because it IS, and that's largely due to mystery who keeps it that way.

Offline musiclady

Mystery asked us upthread to stay on topic.

I will ignore the Trump invasion, and cease to post on whether or not this is a good forum.

By ending with a reiteration that it IS a good forum, and it is continuing to improve.

NO detractors can make the truth go away about TBR.

Offline flowers

You posted a mouse laughing??  Does that mean you don't think this is a special place, flowers??

That's sad, because it IS, and that's largely due to mystery who keeps it that way.
The laughing mouse has nothing to do with this place being special or the way mystery runs it.

Offline musiclady

The laughing mouse has nothing to do with this place being special or the way mystery runs it.

Oh.  Right.  So it's meaningless.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

/bitter rant off.

No, it probably had nothing to do with their POV.  They had just lost a loved one.  They are in pain and were there to honor that loved one.  GWB and Cruz honored that desire.  0bama didn't, but anyone who's followed 0 for even a few days would not have expected him to.   We can be disgusted with 0 without smearing everyone and anyone who attended this solemn event.  Surely you're not suggesting by extension that the families were there for political reasons?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:19:44 pm by Sanguine »

Offline musiclady

No, it probably had nothing to do with their POV.  They had just lost a loved one.  They are in pain and were there to honor that loved one.  GWB and Cruz honored that desire.  0bama didn't, but anyone who's followed 0 for even a few days would not have expected him to.   We can be disgusted with 0 without smearing everyone and anyone who attended this solemn event.  Surely you're not suggesting that the families were there for political reasons?

An important question to be asked, Sanguine.

There is no way that the families of the slain were there for political reasons.  And I guarantee that Cruz' and Bush' soothing words were a balm for their souls.

Obama, I would imagine, was completely ignored, since no family member of the police thinks he cares one whit about them.