Author Topic: A curveball in Trump’s Veep search: He’s seriously considering a retired general  (Read 8398 times)

Silver Pines

Can't help but wonder if he will get bored with Melania, too, trading her in for a hotter later model.

@mlizzy

@Victoria33

Well, he did admit that he looked at Marla as she was walking down the aisle to marry him, and his only thought was, "I'm bored."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/10/25/trump-bored-maples-on-wedding-day.html

Note the Fox article is from 2005, and its tone is nothing like the fawning the network puts out today for him.

I do remember reading that he told someone he would probably end up divorcing Melania at some point, but I can't recall where, nor can I find it.

Offline Vulcan

Recently indicted Rep. Corrine Brown would make a great Veep choice for the beast.

Wingnut

Even if Newt had super powers and a cape, he couldn't keep Trump from falling on his face or shooting himself in the foot every time he opens his mouth or tweets.

Well, when he moves his cape you can see the outline of a red ass on his chest.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Can't help but wonder if he will get bored with Melania, too, trading her in for a hotter later model.

Oh, he's way bored with Melania... I've sensed it strongly in the body language when they are both being interviewed...there was an especially telling interview when Bill O'Reilly captured Trump after a debate.  Melania was standing a little back and seemed to be afraid to move toward Trump and O'Reilly until O'Reilly mentioned her and then Trump waved her in.

I don't think Melania is that smart ... well, obviously she's not... look who she married.

Melania would already be in Trump's rear-view mirror if he hadn't decided on this presidential run.  She's past her sell-by date and Trump's attention span.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Or maybe Melania will set a new trend and dumb his sorry fat self and those creepy grandma lips, trading in for a better and newer model.  Sweeter still, a richer model.  That would hurt his ego big time.

If Melania was smart, that's exactly what she would do.  She's still good looking.  I'm sure Trump had all his lawyers on the pre-nup.  Actually, Melania is in an excellent position to do a little blackmail right now.

Maybe get that pre-nup rewritten or she bails and tells all.

How sweet it would be.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Henry Noel

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

He might want to check with Ross Perot on how that strategery worked out last time.

It worked pretty well ... for the Clintons.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

geronl

I remember he tried to cut off alimony to Ivana when she criticized him in public, a judge denied him that.

He truly is vindictive.

Offline sinkspur

Trump is coming out with this Flynn idea because his visit with the Congressional GOP didn't go all that well.  He's pissy.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

Anyone who agrees to be The Orange Gods VP needs a psych evaluation and a lobotomy.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
@mlizzy

@Victoria33

Well, he did admit that he looked at Marla as she was walking down the aisle to marry him, and his only thought was, "I'm bored."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/10/25/trump-bored-maples-on-wedding-day.html

Note the Fox article is from 2005, and its tone is nothing like the fawning the network puts out today for him.

I do remember reading that he told someone he would probably end up divorcing Melania at some point, but I can't recall where, nor can I find it.
@CatherineofAragon ~ Wow! What an article! He is disgusting.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon ~ Wow! What an article! He is disgusting.

@Victoria

He is, and that's precisely the feeling I'm left with every time I read an article about his past.

geronl

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Would Trump picking a Democrat for VP be a no go for Trump supporters or are they on board with this?  I would like to hear how this spins.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

geronl

Would Trump picking a Democrat for VP be a no go for Trump supporters or are they on board with this?  I would like to hear how this spins.

He could pick Charlie Manson and his cult will cheer it

Offline Hoodat

The Supreme Being - Wesley Clark

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

Well..except maybe Sharon Tate...  But I bet Trump lusted after her...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A meeting of the Trump cabinet

Second from the right, with the silver merit badges instead of gold tone ones and apparent combat ribbons looks more European than the rest. Wonder what's up with that?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Or George Wallace with Curtis LeMay.
Right now, there are some folks I could vote for. LeMay would have shut down the Chinese before they crossed the Yalu, and Wallace had mellowed in many respects but still was pretty good with the Constitution. I'd vote for them over the presumptives.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Second from the right, with the silver merit badges instead of gold tone ones and apparent combat ribbons looks more European than the rest. Wonder what's up with that?

I dunno, remember that Allied forces almost made it to the Yalu river before millions of screaming commie Chinese joined the war....

Online DB

He could choose Newt for his Chief of Staff.  Newt could keep him from falling on his face every minute as regards how this government works.

Well he's not doing that now.

Offline Smokin Joe

I dunno, remember that Allied forces almost made it to the Yalu river before millions of screaming commie Chinese joined the war....
Maybe they snagged some Russian Mig pilots or "advisors" who were flying for the Norks. My father chased the Norks North and fought the Chinese through the withdrawal.

I would have voted for Wallace/LeMay...but some jerk shot George...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:37:59 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sinkspur

Flynn believes Israel should be disarmed:

Mehdi Hasan: [INTERRUPTING] You would like to see a region, Middle East, free of nuclear?

Michael Flynn: Yeah. That's ridiculous.

Mehdi Hasan: [TALKING OVER] Is that what you would like? Can I just confirm that?

Michael Flynn: [TALKING OVER] I would love to see it.

Mehdi Hasan: [TALKING OVER] So you would love to see Israel give up its 200 nuclear warheads?

Michael Flynn: [TALKING OVER] I would love to see it but it’s not practical because - actually nuclear energy is very clean and it actually is, it is so cost-effective, much more cost-effective for producing water from desalinisation

Mehdi Hasan: [TALKING OVER] OK, so then what’s the problem? So then why don’t we just welcome nuclear energy and keep, carry on efforts to stop nuclear weapons?

Michael Flynn: [TALKING OVER] I would love it. I would love it. I would love it.

Mehdi Hasan: OK, so we’re all on the same page. One last question on -

Michael Flynn: [TALKING OVER] I mean, I think that's the – but it has to be done in a very internationally, inspectable way and – yeah

Michael Flynn on ISIL

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/headtohead/2016/01/transcript-michael-flynn-160104174144334.html
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Henry Noel

Well, if you look at Manson objectively you'll have to admit he was a fantastic organizer, and he knew how to get the most out of people, delegating authority from the top down.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
When asked about his views on abortion, a major topic that divides conservatives and liberals, Flynn shared an opinion that is not likely to go over well with Republicans should Trump appoint him as his running mate.

“I think women have to be able to choose what they … you know, sort of a right of choice,” he said, adding, “but I think that’s a difficult legal decision, and I think that women are so important in that decision-making process. They are the ones that have to make the decision because they are the ones that are going to decide whether to bring up that child or not.”

At 4:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvdAaygkBoU

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?

Manson was a bad man, a very bad man, BUT he was a good leader who picked the right people for the job and he inspired those people to get the job done!

Ewwww, I just creeped myself out!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan