Author Topic: Trump: I will mandate death penalty for cop killers (abuse of executive orders)  (Read 5188 times)

Silver Pines

Wow!

I missed this!

I was busy reading the "Donald Trump. True Conservative Leader" thread.

HA!

Wingnut

I myself am a big fan of Dew Process!

Do the Dew Process!

Offline Suppressed

I myself am a big fan of Dew Process!

That's pretty good, but this is GREAT...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

Now available in Trump urine orange flavor

Trump Dew:

Silver Pines

Do the Dew Process!

@Wingnut

LOL, quick, somebody ask Trump about "Dew" Process as it pertains to soft drink manufacturers and watch him flail.  "Oh, I'm very familiar with that, very familiar, that I can tell you..."

Silver Pines

That's pretty good, but this is GREAT...

@Suppressed
@Wingnut

Okay, that does look good.  But Trump's excretions, not so much.

I am sort of tempted to refer to him as Energizing Orange Citrus, though.

Wingnut

@Wingnut

LOL, quick, somebody ask Trump about "Dew" Process as it pertains to soft drink manufacturers and watch him flail.  "Oh, I'm very familiar with that, very familiar, that I can tell you..."

:beer:

Offline Polly Ticks

Good Lord.  I would say the man is an idiot but I don't want to falsely malign idiots.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline NavyCanDo

Hey Mechanos....DCP.....Aligncare.....Wolfcreek........

Y'all want to explain what Trump means here?   HAHAHAHAH

Dually noted that the Trump faithful have avoided this thread like a plague. Because they have no defense, and their visits to TOS is not giving them nothing, because they are not running the story.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline HootOwl

The Constitution makes it clear that unless we are dealing with a military issue, all capital offenses are to be judged by citizens, not the government- IE, a jury. This is a very, very, very important distinction because it removes the most serious punishment- depriving one of life, out of the hands of a centralized government and hands that power back to the citizens to decide.

The jury can rule that being a cop killer is  reason enough to recommend  the Death Penalty. :beer: :2popcorn:

Offline Mechanicos

One of the ways is the part of the Constitution says, "or public danger." Its been used in the past on other violent groups most notably mobsters.   
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline NavyCanDo

One of the ways is the part of the Constitution says, "or public danger." Its been used in the past on other violent groups most notably mobsters.

Well surprise, surprise, you do show up to try to defend Trump on this one. Nice try, but the “Public Danger” referenced in context in the Fifth Amendment has to do with being held for a capital  or otherwise infamous crime without a Grand Jury indictment showing criminal charges are deserved.    It does NOT give the President the power to order executions by Executive Order.   

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Hoodat

It is odd that Mechanicos would bring up Amendment V considering how Trump pisses all over property rights with his opinion on Kelo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
This article is seven months old. Trump has probably reversed himself half a dozen times over this time period.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This article is seven months old. Trump has probably reversed himself half a dozen times over this time period.

TRUMP IS NEVER WRONG for very long. :silly:

Offline Fantom

Trump seems completely ignorant of how the government is supposed to work

Look on the bright side....at least the trains will run on time.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

TRUMP IS NEVER WRONG for very long. :silly:

I hear that quantum physics have named a new particle "Trump"... capable of occupying infinite positions at the same time. 

Surprisingly, they also found another new particle the same day.."Hillary"... unfortunately, it was so corrupt as defy pinning it down.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
His Orangeness has an incredible knowledge of Dew Process......    :silly:
That's because he's for Lawn Order...dontcha know.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Look on the bright side....at least the trains will run on time.
Reset the clocks! >sigh< ...again...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Vulcan

Online DB

Trump appeals to those who don't think much through. He repeatedly tells people what they want to hear as an end result without any regard to how it can actually be achieved - or even if it can be be achieved. Instead it will simply "be great!" with his leadership. And the constitution? What constitution... States rights? He knows best.

On health care he says he's going to make insurance companies cover preexisting conditions while at the same time saying he's against the health insurance mandate - a logical fallacy. No one would buy health insurance if they have to take you after you need care. And the mandate is the reason for what has become the 30 hour work week. And again never mind the constitution, the federal government has no constitutional authority over our health care in each state - but Trump will happily provide his big government "solution" regardless.

An executive order mandating the death penalty for cop killers is more of the same.

Building a wall to keep out illegals (with a big door) is great he says, but cutting off jobs and benefits to illegals is "mean spirited"... Never mind it is the reason they come and stay here.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:45:25 am by DB »

geronl

On health care he says he's going to make insurance companies cover preexisting conditions while at the same time saying he's against the health insurance mandate - a logical fallacy.

At other times he has said he likes the individual mandate

Online DB

At other times he has said he likes the individual mandate

Yes, originally he said the mandate was great. But when that didn't go down well it was explained to me how those words meant something else... That the "mandate" wasn't that mandate...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yes, originally he said the mandate was great. But when that didn't go down well it was explained to me how those words meant something else... That the "mandate" wasn't that mandate...

Kinda like when he said we just gotta let syrian refugees in because they're in living hell. Within 24 hours it meant that none of them could come in.