Author Topic: Trump Promises to Protect Non-Existent Articles of Constitution as President  (Read 752 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm really beginning to think we actually have the poster child for the Peter Principle.

Trump Promises to Protect Non-Existent Articles of Constitution as President

4:15 PM, Jul 07, 2016 | By SHOSHANA WEISSMANN

Donald Trump is so committed to upholding the Constitution that, if elected and sworn into office, his oath to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" will include protecting and defending parts of the Constitution that do not exist.

The Washington Post reports (emphasis added):

Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) left the meeting worried about Trump's grasp on the basics of the Constitution. At a lunch with reporters afterward, he recalled that the candidate did not seem to know what he was promising to defend.....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-promises-to-protect-non-existent-articles-of-constitution-as-president/article/2003174

Offline Suppressed

This is a big nothingburger.

He doesn't care about the Constitution and you can't trust what he says, so who cares whether he knows the Constitution! ?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In before the .... what he really meant to say was..... he was misquoted.... this is nothing but a smear job.... the reporter wrote Democrat with a capital D so that is proof he is a Democrat.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:37:43 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Mechanicos

Probably was misstating
Art I Section 8

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

5: To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

6: To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

7: To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

8: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

9: To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

12: To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

13: To provide and maintain a Navy;

14: To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

16: To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

17: To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And

18: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Its the one about Immigration, international trade, arming the militia, etc. All areas hes promised to protect America's interested in.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Probably was misstating
Art I Section 8

Didn't read the source, did you?

Silver Pines

In before the .... what he really meant to say was..... he was misquoted.... this is nothing but a smear job.... the reporter wrote Democrat with a capital D so that is proof he is a Democrat.

As you predicted...

A sane country would be appalled at the prospect of this ignoramus in the Oval Office.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

NOW I see what you did there. Well played; very well played1

Offline Hoodat

How can Trump make America great again if he doesn't even know what made America great in the first place?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RedHead

Probably was misstating
Art I Section 8

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

5: To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

6: To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

7: To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

8: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

9: To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

12: To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

13: To provide and maintain a Navy;

14: To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

16: To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

17: To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And

18: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Its the one about Immigration, international trade, arming the militia, etc. All areas hes promised to protect America's interested in.

What does Article XII say?

geronl

he also came out for keeping Herpes Seals on the endangered species list

Silver Pines

he also came out for keeping Herpes Seals on the endangered species list

Aren't Herpes Seals the Special Forces of Trump's own anti-VD Vietnam?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
How can Trump make America great again if he doesn't even know what made America great in the first place?

The constitution and the men who protect it make America great.

Trump just seems to see it as an irritating obstacle.

Offline NavyCanDo

Pretty bad when Trump can be put to shame by a 14 year old girl, when it comes to knowledge (and respect) of the Constitution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oqMrCxP8Mo
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I think Article 12 was written by 2 Corinthians...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline NavyCanDo

What Trump needs to fully understand is Articles I, II, III - having to do with the Balance of Powers. I was bad enough having Obama not respecting them. Trump not even elected yet speaks to his followers like he will have full power.    And this "you are either with me or against me" - WTH!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What Trump needs to fully understand is Articles I, II, III - having to do with the Balance of Powers. I was bad enough having Obama not respecting them. Trump not even elected yet speaks to his followers like he will have full power.    And this "you are either with me or against me" - WTH!

Before I walked away from FR I saw posters happily declaring that it was time for a dictator and that the constitution doesn't do anything for us. Its exactly the kind of thinking that Trump represents and the idiots should stop with the "With us or against us" BS because I am proudly against them.

Tonight on twitter some clown with the handle "Bronies For Trump" started screeching at me that only Trump would protect the 10th amendment  and is the next George Washington. When I pointed to Trump's promise to impose the death penalty for cop killers nationwide as an example of Trump not respecting the 10th, the clown simply said we need to nationalize all cops so it would be a federal crime. When I reminded him about Trump saying he doesn't trust the states with land management and wants to leave it in the hands of the BLM, the little pink pony declared all the land is federal and "president" Trump would make sure it was managed right.

They don't know what Trump believes because they don't know what they themselves believe

Offline sinkspur

I think Article 12 was written by 2 Corinthians...

LOL!

Did you know Trump quoted Hamilton today?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.